Chris Johnson Jr. season outlook

Advertisement
Not necessarily but look at the other playmakers on offense. Damien Martinez will receive the lions share of carries/touches at RB. Then you have Ajay Allen, then Fletcher when he comes back.

Now I completely agree that Chris Johnson is in a class by himself when it comes to the ability to create explosive plays with his Olympic level speed. I think we start by giving him 5 to 10 touches and watch how he does. In the event that he turns into some unreal big play TD machine and college superstar then you obviously reevaluate things lol. We'll see. I'm optimistic. Cautiously optimistic.
You're not wrong. I just didn't understand the point of him having to be 190lbs just to get 5-10 touches a game.

Advertisement
that is what I said, Wheatley looked better but this board can figure out what Mario cant. Dont worry, they have the playbooks they learned from madden that will work.
Yes CWH did look better this spring and in the spring game.

Mario, Dawson, and mirabel don’t have a creative bone in their body. Don’t expect much…. Expect any carries he does get to be between the tackles and all of us on here will be *****ing about it.

Mario’s comment at acc media day which says it all: “the way we run those guys we need 3 backs”

Lyle will be back 4 before end of season
We had 3 wrs above 600 yards and a true rb who was hurt run for 500 yards on 5 yards a carry while playing with a complete bonehead of a qb. But you are right. They can’t are incompetent because Chris Johnson can’t figure out how to be a rb.

I wish we had our screen game of yester years. We used to be a great screen pass team and the timing of the calls were great.

If this kid could give us 3-4 carriers a game we could use him on 1 screen a game which is the best way to get him involved. Only problem is that if he is screen only then teams will figure it out quickly.

We had 3 wrs above 600 yards and a true rb who was hurt run for 500 yards on 5 yards a carry while playing with a complete bonehead of a qb. But you are right. They can’t are incompetent because Chris Johnson can’t figure out how to be a rb.
We went 7-6 but thank you for providing those ground breaking statistics in a 7 win season

Advertisement
People were saying the same things about Lorenzo Lingard. Thinking just because he's fast the coaches can find a way for them to make an impact. Lingard went to 3 different schools and did nothing.

I'm sure the coaches would love for him to turn the corner this year.

We went 7-6 but thank you for providing those ground breaking statistics in a 7 win season
what does that have to do with creativity? The problem is you guys are fans who think you know more than you do because you play franchise mode on madden. Kind of guys who call into talk radio and say "you know what they need to do" I want this kid to succeed but anyone with eyes sees this kid is struggling. Lingard, Brashard, Trayone Gray, etc how many times do I have to watch this movie.

what does that have to do with creativity? The problem is you guys are fans who think you know more than you do because you play franchise mode on madden. Kind of guys who call into talk radio and say "you know what they need to do" I want this kid to succeed but anyone with eyes sees this kid is struggling. Lingard, Brashard, Trayone Gray, etc how many times do I have to watch this movie.
You haven't given one reason why it's unrealistic to expect Chris Johnson to contribute. I'll hang up and listen.

Advertisement
You're not wrong. I just didn't understand the point of him having to be 190lbs just to get 5-10 touches a game.
I don't disagree with you. We should get him the ball on jetsweeps, counters, bubble screens, tunnel screens, jailbreak screens, reverses, wheel routes, swing passes, flares, sweeps to the field side, direct snaps, wildcat and even 9 routes. Also PR and maybe KR. Did I miss anything?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Just need him much stronger than last year, and ease his snap counts up over time. But 5 to 10 is a good start for a smaller back

Out of curiosity, what do you really know about Dawson?
I've seen a few express their feelings about him, especially not positive
I don't really know a lot, outside of one season.

So what is it that you don't like?
Just the track record statistically of his offenses where he’s calling the plays and not Dana Holgorsen. The numbers aren’t pretty.
I’m not football-savvy enough to tell you the specifics on Xs and Os. I’m just going off numbers.

Just the track record statistically of his offenses where he’s calling the plays and not Dana Holgorsen. The numbers aren’t pretty.
I’m not football-savvy enough to tell you the specifics on Xs and Os. I’m just going off numbers.
That's fair, I really didn't think last season was a great measure, especially with TVD struggles.

Advertisement
Back