Chris Johnson Jr. season outlook

Many oversold Malik Curtis' speed at the time when he was recruited because they felt he looked faster in his Hudl highlights than he actually was. Curtis' personal best in the 100m was 10.81. Chris Johnson's personal best in the 100m was 10.25.

The estimated conversion of those 100m times to 40-yard dash times, per MileSplit, illustrates how wide a speed gap that actually is.

10.81 in the 100m (Curtis) converts to an approximated 4.51 40
10.25 in the 100m (Johnson) converts to an approximated 4.27 40

Hopefully Johnson's apparently strong performance in the scrimmage is a sign of great things to come. With Ward at QB, Martinez as the workhorse at RB, a group of very talented WR's, and a potentially dominant OL, having Johnson emerge as a change of pace, dynamic chunk play threat would elevate our offense's ceiling even more.
Unfortunately there will probably be some injuries. We all hope not, but In the past it looked like we have had some deep RB rooms to end up very thin. Can never have enough RBs especially at the end of the year.

The ex NFL Chris Johnson personal records are 10.38 seconds in the 100 and 21.28 in the 200. He was a two star and ended up going to ECU. Started as a wide receiver in high school and ended up RB. Similar to Chris Johnson Jr. Not saying he is going to be him, but you never know. I remember Dalvin Cook, as soon as he got a little day light he was gone snatching what wins we should have had because of his speed.

I thought Chris Johnson was the number two RB coming out of Miami Ft. Lauderdale south Florida area, forth in the state, and 17th in the country. Was a solid RB coming out of HS breaking tackles and not just a gimmick RB.

Advertisement
Chris Johnson at the 4:50 mark 👀

Makes sense why CWH looks a bit more natural than CJ since CJ played mostly WR in high school. I didn’t know that. Makes sense

Really cool to see names like his, Riley Williams, Markeith Williams etc get mentioned

People keep talking about Arroyo and I get that, but Riley Williams is a beast

If Chris Johnson has improved his vision, he will have a breakout year. If he has not, we won't hear much from him & the CIS community will relentlessly bash the Coaches like they did over Choc Gray.

Last edited:
If Chris Johnson has improved his vision, he will have a breakout year. If he has not, we won't hear much from him & the CIS community will relentlessly bash the Coaches like they did over Choc Grey.
It’s Gray, not Grey.

At least spell the legend’s name right. Smh.

Was watching his HS tapes and the guy is a legit RB besides the track numbers. Do you guys think we'll get him involved? I'm not a big fan of Dawson at all so it would be a massive letdown if this kid doesn't get touches and pure speculation on my part but I can see him transferring after this year if we don't get him involved. He should get at least 10 touches against the cupcake teams like FAMU and Ball St. I like Mark Fletcher a lot but don't think he's a gamechanger at RB.
Also, is there any reason to why he shouldn't be returning kick offs?

So, what's the outlook for Chris Johnson this season?
Mario is allergic to RB’s with great speed. I still have no idea why he recruits these type of players if he’s gonna have them stuck on the bench.

Advertisement
Makes sense why CWH looks a bit more natural than CJ since CJ played mostly WR in high school. I didn’t know that. Makes sense

Really cool to see names like his, Riley Williams, Markeith Williams etc get mentioned

People keep talking about Arroyo and I get that, but Riley Williams is a beast
Yep. I think he played hurt last year as well

IMG_3637.jpeg

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back