Canes vs Irish

Noticed we are sticking with Joseph instead of Poplar down the stretch in close games.

1672444667426.jpeg

Advertisement
You take Bensley’s D over his poor offense. Bensley just has to realize he shouldn’t be the taking a 3 up 10 w/ plenty left on the clock

With Wong, Miller, Pack, and Omier on the floor, I'm not sure why we can't scrounge a few more points to offset Bensley's lack of offense.

Just got off the phone with Jim. He told everyone “hi” and happy new year. Long season ahead but he’s feeling good about winning the ACC and the tourney and being rewarded with a 3 seed in Spokane.

Bullsh!te. 4 seed at best. Metrics, etc...

That's our pattern for sure. Works, until it doesn't.
It’ll work way more often than it doesn’t because games are won in the 2nd half.

Playing your best Basketball in the 2nd halves of games is actually a strength because it forces the opposing teams to match your energy & shot making & in 13 out of 14 games this year none of the teams we’ve played have done so.

You’d much rather be at your best in the crunch time of game when it matters most, then give all your best effort in the 1st half only to still manage to lose because you got outplayed in the 2nd half.

Advertisement
If someone just read this thread, they would think Miller and Wong both were held scoreless. In game posting is ridiculous sometimes. Wong finished with 15 points, 4 rebounds, and 3 assists. Miller had 12 points, 8 rebounds, 2 assists and 3 steals.
Obviously you didn’t watch the first half. Wong and Miller played terrible. Wong at least got it going towards the end of that half. Team played pretty bad in the first half aside from Pack and Omier.

We are very good. We obviously lack size but our style combats that. Despite what some have seen and say, I do think we are a pretty good defensive team. Our ticket is transition buckets and hitting 3's. Run and gun, try to score 100. Joseph can guard. He should guard the other teams best back court player all day. I think that is what we try to do.

Advertisement
Obviously you didn’t watch the first half. Wong and Miller played terrible. Wong at least got it going towards the end of that half. Team played pretty bad in the first half aside from Pack and Omier.
Don't disagree but the calls for Wong and Miller to be "sat down" by Coach L were ridiculous. You don't sit down two of your team's mainstays for an off half.

You take Bensley’s D over his poor offense. Bensley just has to realize he shouldn’t be the taking a 3 up 10 w/ plenty left on the clock
coach L just has to make it clear that he has a big red light in terms of shooting unless its a layup or somehow the ball finds him with the shot clock running down. If the latter is the case than thats on his teamate for passing him the ball in that situation

Don't disagree but the calls for Wong and Miller to be "sat down" by Coach L were ridiculous. You don't sit down two of your team's mainstays for an off half.
I think L made the right call to sit Wong for a couple minutes after he had a rough 3 minutes to begin the game. Sit them for a couple minutes to regroup and then bring them back out. It’s not like he sat them for 12-15 minutes or anything.

Advertisement
well, they say PACKtice make Purrfect
View attachment 222819

(cats are IN this year at CIS)

cop #kevincanwait GIF by CBS

@jkdood

Ya Busted my man. Cats are in, but bad jokes are still out. Unless you can prove a 12 year old girl hacked your CIS account (which is the only other logical scenario), you are convicted and in the books.

You won’t be seeing any pu$$y where you’re headed.

peter dinklage middle finger GIF

I was not surprised after the long layoff that we were a bit slow. I figured it would take us about a half to get it back together.

Advertisement
coach L just has to make it clear that he has a big red light in terms of shooting unless its a layup or somehow the ball finds him with the shot clock running down. If the latter is the case than thats on his teamate for passing him the ball in that situation
Coming into today. Bensley was shooting 45% from 3 tops on the team. He is one of out best 3 point shooters.

They are 8-6. Are we expecting them to go on a 13-4 run through the ACC over the remaining 17 games?

If I missed your sarcasm, apologies in advance.
5 / last 7 seasons 20+ wins (24-11 last year), they’re likely to be fine after all 30 played. Its unusual to fall off a cliff unless on probation.

I’ve never felt as confident with a Miami hoops team as I do this year. Even if we are down I don’t worry. I always believe we will be up after 40 minutes. Nice to be stress free watching the Canes.
There are a lot of scoring options on UM and a college team only needs 1-2 to really to working peer game to win a lot. It’s a nice problem to have when you aren’t sure which 2 guys out of 4 will go for 20.

Advertisement
Back