Cam Ward to Portal

Advertisement
Ten one million dollar offers wow...if he stays in collage the same amount of time as our TE he won't need the NFL at all lol.
Yeah just don't see it happening here with that type of competition at those prices....hope I'm wrong.

Last edited:
He’s probably going to be the heisman favorite if he goes to Washington, ohio state, or Oregon too haha
Milroe is gonna be the favorite and will probably win it. My guess is Ewers 2nd favorite.

Ward would be in that next group with guys like Beck and Weigman (depending on where he plays).

Advertisement
Is there a potential portal QB without any questions marks? Not sure we can achieve consensus between potential flaws in a QB’s skill set or Dawson/Mario’s scheme. There is no PERFECT fit. Find the player that best fits what you want to do, offer him top $$$ and sell your **** off to get him here.
If they didn’t have issues of some sort they wouldn’t be transferring, with the rear case of a guy like Ewers who only went to OSU before Texas to scam Osu for money.

This is the laziest comparison I've seen to date. Well played. I'd leave out the extra 900 passes he has too, if I wanted to push a narritive.
Ok let’s get more detailed since you are such the analytic wizard. Prior to this year there was little to separate TVD and CW in terms of ints. TVD had an int on 1.9% of his passes and CW had an int on 1.8% of his passes 1st year with WSU (is 1.6% if you include FCS #s). This year was a complete divergence with TVD throws an int on 3.5% of his passes and CW improved to ints on 1.4% of passes. But add in Cam Wards 31 career fumbles compared to TVD’s 7 and I don’t see an upgrade in protecting the ball. Given we were 104th in turnovers and that sunk our season, I would look for someone who protects the ball over a gunslinger at this point. Neither TVD or CW are that person, hope they can find him and convince him to come to UM.

Advertisement
I haven’t went through Cam’s film yet. But he was sacked 39 times this year and 46 times the year prior. Idk yet if he holds the ball too long or if the o line has just been that bad but for comparison TVD was sacked 10 times this year and 44 times over his entire career as a statue.

I haven’t went through Cam’s film yet. But he was sacked 39 times this year and 46 times the year prior. Idk yet if he holds the ball too long or if the o line has just been that bad but for comparison TVD was sacked 10 times this year and 44 times over his entire career as a statue.
His OL looked awful in the UDub game

Idk if he’s the answer. Seems like anyone that can run really well but also has passing yards is getting get hella cash thrown at them.
Maybe I’m just not seeing the arm talent.
But he’s a play maker for sure.

Advertisement
Ok let’s get more detailed since you are such the analytic wizard. Prior to this year there was little to separate TVD and CW in terms of ints. TVD had an int on 1.9% of his passes and CW had an int on 1.8% of his passes 1st year with WSU (is 1.6% if you include FCS #s). This year was a complete divergence with TVD throws an int on 3.5% of his passes and CW improved to ints on 1.4% of passes. But add in Cam Wards 31 career fumbles compared to TVD’s 7 and I don’t see an upgrade in protecting the ball. Given we were 104th in turnovers and that sunk our season, I would look for someone who protects the ball over a gunslinger at this point. Neither TVD or CW are that person, hope they can find him and convince him to come to UM.
I think your mistake is not accounting for the volume of passes thrown. Tyler throws an interception on 1 out of every 39 throws. Whereas Cameron is at 1 out of 62. The fumbles aren't a concern to me because he would have better protection than his previous 4 years combined. Washington State graded out as one of the worst OL in Pac-12.
Cam has only thrown 7 more interceptions with nearly 2 full years more starting experience. He also would have better weapons at his disposal then at Washington State. It's not an apples to apples comparison.

I think your mistake is not accounting for the volume of passes throw. Tyler throws an interception on 1 out of every 39 throws. Whereas Cameron is at 1 out of 62. The fumbles aren't a concern to me because he would have better protection than his previous 4 years combined. Washington State graded out as one of the worst OL in Pac-12.
Cam has only thrown 7 more interceptions with nearly 2 full years more starting experience. He also would have better weapons at his disposal then at Washington State. It's not an apples to apples comparison.
Your complete dismissal of CWs fumbles is convenient. Do you agree that turnovers sunk is this year? I am looking for someone who is more careful with the ball. Our OL is not fixing CW’s fumbling issues. How bad was his FCS line cause he fumbled a lot there too.

I haven't watched a ton of Washington State football. Is this guy another system quarterback like the guy from Mississippi State who put up a ton of yards and touchdowns by completing 50 6 yard passes every week? I'm always a bit cautious with guys like that. They don't always translate well to the type of offense we run.

Advertisement
Your complete dismissal of CWs fumbles is convenient. Do you agree that turnovers sunk is this year? I am looking for someone who is more careful with the ball. Our OL is not fixing CW’s fumbling issues. How bad was his FCS line cause he fumbled a lot there too.
Do you think we are going to get a perfect QB. Fumbles are by far the easiest thing to fix. I'd take a QB 100/100 if that was his biggest issue. Staring down WRs and panicking in a clean pocket are far more worrisome. He has 7 fumbles lost in 2023.

this is so stupid I can’t tell if you’re being serious
1701199835851.gif

Is he fumbling from sacks or while running? The context matters.

In total Tvd has fumbled 4 times and was sacked 44 times
Cam has fumbled 14 times and has been sacked 135 times
Cam fumbled 4 times in fcs with 50 sacks.
Our O line could absolutely fix his fumbling problems depending on how his fumbles have occurred.

Advertisement
Back