Cam = Best QB in UM history?

You can't cross the game over decades so you can't compare him to our 80's QB's. Cam is great and while I expect to win the ACC, this team is not winning the NC. Always remember Jim Kelly is a first ballot NFL HOFer. 1st ballot!
Get your moper bull**** out of here. What team in CFB right now is playing unbeatable? Players are playing for the Natty and they ain’t crazy.

Advertisement
I would give him top 7-8 today. Sure.
Let me rattle off a few names (chron order)...
Mira Sr.
K-Gun
Bernie
Testaverde
Walsh
Torretta
Dorsey

Since he is only 3 games in, would we argue that Kaaya, J12, and Morris are where we would slate him right now? So in the mix for top 10 now.
He is currently passing TVD, Rosier and KWright this week.

Skillset-wise I would say yes. I haven't seen a UM quarterback with Cam's combination of field vision, mechanics, and athleticism. His ability to look off defenders alone is the best I've seen here. Plus he's an absolute leader and his level of gameday prep is contagious. Scary part I don't think we've even seen his best yet.

We still have a lot of season left, but right now I can't think of a QB better than him.

Enjoy the ride, god knows we've been waiting 23years, but lets get punched in the face first to see how we handle things and have a better idea how good this team is... Any player that wants to get discussed as a GOAT needs to have some huge wins under their belt first.. top 5 wins

Advertisement
I know its been a long time but I think some of you either don’t know, because you are too young, or have forgotten, because you are too old, just how good Kelly and Vinny T were at UM. I won’t go into all their accolades but they were great athletes. Not good, but great. Vinny was one of the strongest players on the team. And he was fast. And had Kelly played at PSU or Ohio State he could have won the Heisman. And both were very accurate passers with very strong arms.

I love Cam and he’s the best QB I have seen at UM since Vinny T. I love Ken Dorsey but he would not start over Cam. He just doesn’t have the arm, and Cam looks to be as good a student of the game as Dorsey but with far superior athleticism.

But Kelly and Bernie and Vinny, and Walsh and Erickson and Dorsey were all really, really good and even great QB’s Being the best at UM all-time at any position is hard to argue

True, but when was the last time we went against three cupcakes and the QB lit it up? Ken Dorsey, 1999. People said, "We played three cupcakes." That's the thing. Good QBs destroy cupcakes.
Eh, don't like that argument. Then Kyle Wright and Jarren Williams must be great QBs for TD records against ACC competition.

Advertisement
No. He is not. Jim Kelly is a hall of famer.

I'll play devil's advocate

I don't think he is as accurate as some of y'all claim. He's made some really bad throws in the first 3 games. Way behind wide open receivers. His running around for 30 minutes behind the line of scrimmage isn't going to work against good football teams.

With that said, he's been awesome and I'm glad he's a Cane. We have played 3 bunny teams. Bunnies. Let's see how he does against Cal. I'll crown the young man when we are 11-0

Advertisement
Let's see how the conference games go first. So far we haven't played a team that even has a long shot at the 12 team CFP.

Advertisement
I said this before he signed with us, and some people were wanting us to sign Will Howard.

He's proving me right.

Miami has no business being in the discussion this year for a natty. Maybe in a couple years when Mario's recruiting classes become juniors and seniors, but not this year.

Cam Ward puts us in that discussion. He's the best QB ever to play at Miami. He'll be a starting quarterback in the NFL for many years, and probably go to Pro Bowls and lead his team to great things.

He's better than Ken Dorsey, better than Bernie Kosar, Jim Kelly, Gino Toretta.

He's the best QB I've seen come out of college in a long *** time. I said this before he ever took a snap for us. We hit the jackpot.

When I see Cam knock off the #1/#2 team in the nation on their field, we can crown him. Until then, Testaverde and Kelly stand above the rest, with Bernie also having a seat at the table.

That's not a knock on Cam at all. He is terrific. He is awesome. He is exactly what we needed. He is the Heisman favorite right now. He is the best we've had since Dorsey and likely is better than Dorsey. That said, we need a bigger sample size. See the clip below to see that Vinny was doing Cam stuff before Cam was even born.

If that's not enough, watch him the year before when they throttled OU in Norman:

Here's Jim Kelly and the boys vs Pedo State:

More than all this, how can you compare football stats across eras? I don't believe you can. Some, maybe, but not passing stats.

Advertisement
Back