Cam = Best QB in UM history?

You can't cross the game over decades so you can't compare him to our 80's QB's. Cam is great and while I expect to win the ACC, this team is not winning the NC. Always remember Jim Kelly is a first ballot NFL HOFer. 1st ballot!

They were allowed to murder QBs back then... I remember Donovan throwing up on the cuse sidelines

Advertisement
When I see Cam knock off the #1/#2 team in the nation on their field, we can crown him. Until then, Testaverde and Kelly stand above the rest, with Bernie also having a seat at the table.

That's not a knock on Cam at all. He is terrific. He is awesome. He is exactly what we needed. He is the Heisman favorite right now. He is the best we've had since Dorsey and likely is better than Dorsey. That said, we need a bigger sample size. See the clip below to see that Vinny was doing Cam stuff before Cam was even born.

If that's not enough, watch him the year before when they throttled OU in Norman:

Here's Jim Kelly and the boys vs Pedo State:

More than all this, how can you compare football stats across eras? I don't believe you can. Some, maybe, but not passing stats.

Thanx for the memories..

No. He is not. Jim Kelly is a hall of famer.

I'll play devil's advocate

I don't think he is as accurate as some of y'all claim. He's made some really bad throws in the first 3 games. Way behind wide open receivers. His running around for 30 minutes behind the line of scrimmage isn't going to work against good football teams.

With that said, he's been awesome and I'm glad he's a Cane. We have played 3 bunny teams. Bunnies. Let's see how he does against Cal. I'll crown the young man when we are 11-0

It maybe was not obvious enough, but I was being sarcastic in my reply...referring to Kenny Kelly, not Jim K.

And no, our QB, no matter how great he is playing right now, is not as good an an NFL HOF-er... namely Jim Kelly.

Advertisement
#1 he must win a national title-Talent wise from a physical standpoint he’s right there with Vinny Testaverde who was athletic,could run and had a cannon for an arm but, I think Cam is more athletic-

it’s way to early he has a long way to go.

Advertisement
Probably not a bigger fan of Cam Ward on the planet than me

But this thread is WILD

How about the "Tyler Van Dyke will be a Top 5 pick" guarantees from 24 months ago.

Go Crazy Wtf GIF

Advertisement
I would argue that from what we've seen so far, Cam is clearly the best QB we've ever had in UM history talent-wise (and I went to school at UM during the Dorsey era of 1999-2002). No QB in our past history has had anywhere near the skill that he possesses.

All this after three games? Ward looks awesome. I haven't been this excited about a QB for decades. BUT he's still got a ways to go and prove before I can put him above Testaverde, who was a freak in college, had the stats and the hardware to show for it. Plus, he wasn't a statue back there. He could actually run all right.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back