Cam = Best QB in UM history?

I would argue that from what we've seen so far, Cam is clearly the best QB we've ever had in UM history talent-wise (and I went to school at UM during the Dorsey era of 1999-2002). No QB in our past history has had anywhere near the skill that he possesses. It looks like he will definitely have the greatest individual statistical season of all UM QB's this season barring injury. I believe that Cam's 2024 season will rival Willis McGahee's 2002 season and Sean Taylor's 2003 season when all is said and done. Be grateful for this guys and go to every game that you can! It's not often that you hit lightning in a bottle! We will all miss Cam next season when he's in the NFL. And make sure that you all join Canes Connection and support the program so that we can hopefully keep bringing in top level talent like Cam and Baron long into the foreseeable future! Let's go CANES!!!!!!
Love your Energy Bruh…

You doing TOO MUCH too soon though lol.

You definitely fell in love at first sight 👀!!!

Advertisement
You can't cross the game over decades so you can't compare him to our 80's QB's. Cam is great and while I expect to win the ACC, this team is not winning the NC. Always remember Jim Kelly is a first ballot NFL HOFer. 1st ballot!
Yeah, but what has Jim Kelly done for me lately?

This is the kind of thread based on week 3 that we’d be mocking in gator or Noles tears thr minute something turns

Don’t do it

Advertisement
Advertisement
Probably not a bigger fan of Cam Ward on the planet than me

But this thread is WILD

Why? Miami has all-time greats at a lot of positions. Greatest safety of all time, one of the greatest linebackers of all time, etc.

Quarterback? Not really. Not being negative, just real. Who have we had?

Brad Kaaya
Stephen Morris
Kyle Wright
Jacory Harris
Kirby Freeman
Malik Rosier
Robert Marve
Brock Berlin
Jacurri Brown
Bernie Kosar
Craig Erickson
George Mira
Gino Torretta
Jim Kelly
Ken Dorsey
Ryan Fitzpatrick
Steve Walsh
Vinny Testaverde

Of those, only Kosar, Toretta, Kelly, Dorsey, Walsh, Erickson and Testaverde really bear mentioning.

Kosar was an average NFL QB in the NFL for the Browns. Ditto for Testaverde, who was a journeyman for the Bucs, Jets, and a bunch of other teams. Toretta was a career backup. Dorsey was a poor man's Toretta. Walsh was a poor man's Dorsey.

Jim Kelly is the best of the bunch. But even in his time in the NFL, he never won a Super Bowl, despite being on one of the most loaded teams of all time. He played in the league at the same time as Joe Montana, Steve Young, John Elway, Dan Marino, Warren Moon, Randell Cunningham.... and he was worse than all of them. Nobody talks about Jim Kelly in the same breath as Montana, Elway, or Marino. (BTW, Jesus Christ there were some great QBs playing football at that time)

Anyway, the point is that all Miami has ever produced at the QB spot is average NFL talent, and that is even when we were QBU. We've NEVER produced talent at QB like we have at other positions.

Cam Ward is that kind of top level talent. Why? Because he has the work ethic of Ken Dorsey mixed with his physical talent of Vinny Testaverde. He has all the mindset and the tools to be greater than any of those QBs and become one of the greatest.

I get not wanting to crown him yet but we're talking about a man who goes to the Hecht every day at 5:30 in the morning to watch film and stays late at every practice working with his receivers. You mix that kind of work ethic with his physical tools and demeanor and I'll bet on that every day of the week. He's gonna be a superstar.

Completely different game now - trends turn - new rules - different power houses - different development opportunities - it's like saying the Spartans don't measure up to the French Army of 1940.

Why? Miami has all-time greats at a lot of positions. Greatest safety of all time, one of the greatest linebackers of all time, etc.

Brad Kaaya
Stephen Morris
Kyle Wright
Jacory Harris
Kirby Freeman
Malik Rosier
Robert Marve
Brock Berlin
Jacurri Brown
Bernie Kosar
Craig Erickson
George Mira
Gino Torretta
Jim Kelly
Ken Dorsey
Ryan Fitzpatrick
Steve Walsh
Vinny Testaverde

Of those, only Kosar, Toretta, Kelly, Dorsey, Walsh, Erickson and Testaverde really bear mentioning.

Kosar was an average NFL QB in the NFL for the Browns. Ditto for Testaverde, who was a journeyman for the Bucs, Jets, and a bunch of other teams. Toretta was a career backup. Dorsey was a poor man's Toretta. Walsh was a poor man's Dorsey.

Jim Kelly is the best of the bunch. But even in his time in the NFL, he never won a Super Bowl, despite being on one of the most loaded teams of all time. He played in the league at the same time as Joe Montana, Steve Young, John Elway, Dan Marino, Warren Moon, Randell Cunningham.... and he was worse than all of them. Nobody talks about Jim Kelly in the same breath as Montana, Elway, or Marino. (BTW, Jesus Christ there were some great QBs playing football at that time)

Anyway, the point is that all Miami has ever produced at the QB spot is average NFL talent, and that is even when we were QBU. We've NEVER produced talent at QB like we have at other positions.

Cam Ward is that kind of top level talent. Why? Because he has the work ethic of Ken Dorsey mixed with his physical talent of Vinny Testaverde. He has all the mindset and the tools to be greater than any of those QBs and become one of the greatest.

I get not wanting to crown him yet but we're talking about a man who goes to the Hecht every day at 5:30 in the morning to watch film and stays late at every practice working with his receivers. You mix that kind of work ethic with his physical tools and demeanor and I'll bet on that every day of the week. He's gonna be a superstar.
Oh wow

Advertisement
Not to **** on this thread, & not to **** on Cam, but sometimes I feel like it’s Déjà Vu around CIS sometimes.

true detective time GIF

You can't cross the game over decades so you can't compare him to our 80's QB's. Cam is great and while I expect to win the ACC, this team is not winning the NC. Always remember Jim Kelly is a first ballot NFL HOFer. 1st ballot!
I concede nothing.

Advertisement

Brad Kaaya
Stephen Morris
Kyle Wright
Jacory Harris
Kirby Freeman
Malik Rosier
Robert Marve
Brock Berlin
Jacurri Brown
Bernie Kosar
Craig Erickson
George Mira
Gino Torretta
Jim Kelly
Ken Dorsey
Ryan Fitzpatrick
Steve Walsh
Vinny Testaverde

Lol … what? We are talking about the best UM QB of all time right?

Not NFL…

He has all the physical tools of Superman and the mental abilities of Davinci.. Let him start ACC play.

He will probably end up having the best season a Miami QB has ever had statistically speaking. But you put Kosar, Vinny or Dorsey in this offense and they’d dumb numbers too. Don’t let recency bias impact your decision making.

Advertisement
Back