Bud Elliot is a Douche

Fuente was 26-23. Norvell went 38-15. That’s not maintaining, it’s called improving. He’s known for hiring great staffs. In just a short time, he has an impressive coaching tree started.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.commercialappeal.com/amp/4050767002

What’s he’s done through the portal (roster turnover) & recruiting has been impressive so far..

I get why y’all hate. Blinded by FSU rivalry.. realistically, he seems solid. We will see. He might suck, he might not.
I hope he just kinda sucks for the next 6 years before they fire him. And then hopefully he'll have a huge buyout that halfass u has to pay before spending another fortune on a new kinda sucks type coach.

Advertisement
What makes you think that Norvell is garbage? Maybe he is.. Maybe not. It seems awfully biased to form that conclusion at this point.

I’m done. I don’t even care this much to argue over Miami.. much less FSU.. while driving lol 🤦🏻‍♂️

/Go Bucs

Again, you are arguing in a bizarre fashion. It is not that everyone is arguing that "Norvell is garbage", just that he isn't as great as some people claim.

AND, he is in a completely different world, having to rebuild a disastrous F$U, instead of inheriting a very good Memphis.

So, yeah, maybe Norvell is not as good as the hype. At least, NOT YET.

I knew this ****e was coming.

Larry Porter went 3-21 in 2 seasons at Memphis. Fuente went 4-8 in Year 1, and 3-9 in Year 2 when Memphis jumped from C-USA to the AAC. He then went 10-3 and 9-3 before he was hired to replace Frank Beamer at VaTech (and he only didn't get a shot at the 10th win in Year 4 because he didn't coach in the bowl game). Does that not constitute "building a program up", when you replace a guy who was fired after a 1-win and 2-win season and take the program to 10 wins by Year 3?

So now Fuente has the program at the 10-win mark (effectively) by his third and fourth year. And you probably wouldn't argue that what Fuente inherited and what Norvell inherited WERE TWO COMPLETELY DIFFERENT THINGS.

And Norvell manages to post EIGHT-WIN years in Years 1 and 3 (THAT'S NOT MAINTAINING, THAT'S REGRESSING), and a 10-win season in Year 2 (OK, now THAT is "maintaining"). The ONLY year in which Fuente "improved upon" what Fuente built up was his final year, when he won 12 games.

Can we review? Nobody disputes that Fuente's first two years were a build-up, and that his final two years averaged 9.5 wins. And then Norvell averaged...wait for it...wait for it...9.5 wins over his 4 years.

SOUNDS LIKE MOTHERFVCKING MAINTENANCE TO ME.

"Improving". Good lord, Norvell actually regressed, for 3 years, from what Fuente handed him, before he finally had one good year and got the fvck out of Memphis.

Don't give me overall W-L records without analyzing the context. And stop it with the "blind hate". I don't give a DAMMMMN about Norvell because of who cuts his paychecks, I was not that impressed with him when he was at Memphis.

"What he's done through the Portal"? Did he have any choice? "Recruiting"? It's freaking September. Let's see where he is in December or February. I'm not crowning him yet. "Coaching tree"? What a joke. Yeah, in 5 or 6 years, he's churned out quite a coaching tree.

Hilarious.
Cherry pick l. Cherry pick. Cherry pick. I’d be fine if you said Fuentes did the hard part but geez, you sound like a politician talking out both sides of his mouth.

Did he say something half this board doesn’t say daily?

We all know King’s positive and negative attributes. He is okay in the pocket, but certainly not an nfl qb (or player).

Many other people were much harder on Miami than this clip.

Again, you are arguing in a bizarre fashion. It is not that everyone is arguing that "Norvell is garbage", just that he isn't as great as some people claim.

AND, he is in a completely different world, having to rebuild a disastrous F$U, instead of inheriting a very good Memphis.

So, yeah, maybe Norvell is not as good as the hype. At least, NOT YET.
I said he’s a better HC than Manny. That’s it. Not crowning him.. just pointing we probably shouldn’t spend all our time laughing at FSU. Look in the mirror people.

Advertisement
Cherry pick l. Cherry pick. Cherry pick. I’d be fine if you said Fuentes did the hard part but geez, you sound like a politician talking out both sides of his mouth.

Are you ******* kidding me? How am I "talking out both sides of my mouth"?

I have CORRECTLY analyzed what happened under Fuente and Norvell by looking at the details of what they inherited and what they accomplished. You were the one who tried to obscure everything by hiding under the covers of "overall W-L record".

What did I say that was incorrect? You have demonstrated NOTHING to rebut what I said. Did Fuente inherit a garbage program? Yes. Did Fuente build it from a 1.5 wins per year program in the two years prior to his arrival to a 9.5 wins per year program in his final two years? Yes. Did Norvell average 9.5 wins per year for his four years as head coach? Yes.

Why are you digging your heels so hard? Why are you so desperate to die on the "Mike Norvell is Gawd" hill?

And you still have no answer to the issue that what Norvell inherited at Memphis is VERY different to what he inherited at F$U. Some coaches are good at repairing disastrous situations, some are not.

Maybe someday Norvell will deserve his hype. But not today.

I said he’s a better HC than Manny. That’s it. Not crowning him.. just pointing we probably shouldn’t spend all our time laughing at FSU. Look in the mirror people.

Goddammit, we can walk and chew gum at the same time. This is not a Diaz-Norvell debate. And we are allowed to analyze other programs besides our own without having to wear sackcloth and ashes just because Miami is no longer an annual national championship contender.

Go back to the thread title. This is about Bud Elliot, and F$U. There are a million other "Manny Sux" threads. Let's try to maintain lanes.

Again, Norvell has not yet done anything very impressive or noteworthy, other than to have the good fortune to be hired twice as a head coach. And all the "but, but, but Manny Diaz" arguments in the world won't change that.

You are the only person in this thread who has tried to turn a Bud Elliot/Mike Norvell discussion into Manny-bashing. More importantly, most of the debate past the first page has focused on YOU typing THIS: "I think Norvell is a good coach who runs a program well."

Leave Manny out of the discussion.

Goddammit, we can walk and chew gum at the same time. This is not a Diaz-Norvell debate. And we are allowed to analyze other programs besides our own without having to wear sackcloth and ashes just because Miami is no longer an annual national championship contender.

Go back to the thread title. This is about Bud Elliot, and F$U. There are a million other "Manny Sux" threads. Let's try to maintain lanes.

Again, Norvell has not yet done anything very impressive or noteworthy, other than to have the good fortune to be hired twice as a head coach. And all the "but, but, but Manny Diaz" arguments in the world won't change that.
I never read OP or listened to bud Elliott. Just title. It’s bud Elliott. I mean come on.

I got looped in a few post early for responding to a guy slamming FSU/fan base for optimism. I simply asked if he felt that Miami should be more optimistic?! Maybe it’s the wrong thread for it. Regardless it’s all moot. Norvell is an unknown & Manny sucks. Go Bucs

Advertisement
I never read OP or listened to bud Elliott. Just title. It’s bud Elliott. I mean come on.

I got looped in a few post early for responding to a guy slamming FSU/fan base for optimism. I simply asked if he felt that Miami should be more optimistic?! Maybe it’s the wrong thread for it. Regardless it’s all moot. Norvell is an unknown & Manny sucks. Go Bucs

But if you didn't read the original post or you don't listen to Bud Elliot, I'm not sure why you are even in this thread.

And you still said this: "I think Norvell is a good coach who runs a program well."

Which is what most of us are discussing. Not whether we feel "more optimistic" about Manny. Literally, you are the only one who keeps shoehorning Manny into this thread.

Just stick to why you think Norvell is a good coach who runs a program well. You seem to give random reasons of "W-L record at Memphis" and "coaching tree" and "Portal" and "2022 recruiting class", but I think all those points have been thoroughly debunked.

Norvell maintained (but didn't improve) Fuente's program for 4 years. Norvell had a good running game at Memphis, but passing and defense were nothing special. Norvell has "run" the F$U program very poorly, with multiple gaffes and missteps. Norvell has been putting together a good recruiting class, but he is 3 months from Early Signing Day with a bunch of probable losses on the schedule.

Maybe Norvell will eventually prove himself.

Advertisement
Would you be more optimistic with Diaz or Norvell? Just curious. No judgment.
They only have one game between the two of them and it was a lopsided win for Diaz. Otherwise, I would say they are on equal footing.

Great opportunity for King to light their asses up, then the Twitter crew can take it from there and roast this guy.

Advertisement
I wish I could conveniently forget our loss to bama like the noles can forget the 52-10 drubbing, it’s like that never happened to those clowns

So King isn't a good passer now? lol okay. Did they not just watch Jordan Travis on Sunday? Sure King isn't an NFL QB most likely (I could see him making a practice squad or something) but he's a very good college quarterback.
Why is he a very good college quarterback? I just don’t see great decision making, good accuracy, good pocket presence, the right audibles based on coverage reads. The RS freshman Bama QB had that. The 6th year senior, not so much.

What has he done against good to great defenses?

Why is he a very good college quarterback? I just don’t see great decision making, good accuracy, good pocket presence, the right audibles based on coverage reads. The RS freshman Bama QB had that. The 6th year senior, not so much.

What has he done against good to great defenses?
I'd take him over any QB since Dorsey. I liked Brad but his lack of wheels killed us because we had a poor offensive line.

Advertisement
Back