Bud Elliot is a Douche

Advertisement
And Diaz came into a completely different situation at Miami then Norvell did at FSU..
And Diaz has what to do with your original comment and my subsequent reply?

What will be the excuse if Miami manages to easily handle FSU once more this year? What if FSU once again struggles to get even bowl eligible? Are you going to chalk it up to Norvell being dealt a bad hand?

Diaz inherited a good team.

Year 3. Still looking like year 1.
We weren't good lol We were 7-6. Average team. Manny sucks, I get it but he's better than what the Noles have had since Fisher left. Also you're comparing what Norvell did at the G5 level. He did worse than Tagfart at the P5 level last year. I'm sure Manny would have been better off coaching at Temple.

Advertisement
I catch your drift but I disagree. I think Norvell is a good coach who runs a program well. I hope I’m wrong.

ND sucks this year IMO, for the record.
Laugh Really Hard Season 10 GIF by ABC Network

Advertisement
We were a program that was capable of winning at a high level by year 1-2 with the right transfers/staff.
This I’ll agree with. If Jalen Hurts and three great offensive linemen had transferred here, Miami could have easily won 10 games.

I get that Manny Diaz hasn’t been a great coach. I won’t argue that. But please, stop saying every garbage coach in college is better than him.
What makes you think that Norvell is garbage? Maybe he is.. Maybe not. It seems awfully biased to form that conclusion at this point.

I’m done. I don’t even care this much to argue over Miami.. much less FSU.. while driving lol 🤦🏻‍♂️

/Go Bucs

Advertisement
Norvell had top rushing offenses at Memphis, and it looked decent the other night. Defense and passing game are a different story though.

Advertisement
I would agree to this as well.
We were ranked 8th to start Richts last year. Was #2 team at end of season previous year. Record doesn’t always reflect roster. We weren’t in bad shape.

What makes you think that Norvell is garbage? Maybe he is.. Maybe not. It seems awfully biased to form that conclusion at this point.

I’m done. I don’t even care this much to argue over Miami.. much less FSU.. while driving lol 🤦🏻‍♂️

/Go Bucs
You're right. So far he's 3-7 at FSU. Too early to call him total garbage. We'll have to see how well they do for the rest of the year.

Fuente was 26-23. Norvell went 38-15. That’s not maintaining, it’s called improving. He’s known for hiring great staffs. In just a short time, he has an impressive coaching tree started.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.commercialappeal.com/amp/4050767002

What’s he’s done through the portal (roster turnover) & recruiting has been impressive so far..

I get why y’all hate. Blinded by FSU rivalry.. realistically, he seems solid. We will see. He might suck, he might not.

I knew this ****e was coming.

Larry Porter went 3-21 in 2 seasons at Memphis. Fuente went 4-8 in Year 1, and 3-9 in Year 2 when Memphis jumped from C-USA to the AAC. He then went 10-3 and 9-3 before he was hired to replace Frank Beamer at VaTech (and he only didn't get a shot at the 10th win in Year 4 because he didn't coach in the bowl game). Does that not constitute "building a program up", when you replace a guy who was fired after a 1-win and 2-win season and take the program to 10 wins by Year 3?

So now Fuente has the program at the 10-win mark (effectively) by his third and fourth year. And you probably wouldn't argue that what Fuente inherited and what Norvell inherited WERE TWO COMPLETELY DIFFERENT THINGS.

And Norvell manages to post EIGHT-WIN years in Years 1 and 3 (THAT'S NOT MAINTAINING, THAT'S REGRESSING), and a 10-win season in Year 2 (OK, now THAT is "maintaining"). The ONLY year in which Fuente "improved upon" what Fuente built up was his final year, when he won 12 games.

Can we review? Nobody disputes that Fuente's first two years were a build-up, and that his final two years averaged 9.5 wins. And then Norvell averaged...wait for it...wait for it...9.5 wins over his 4 years.

SOUNDS LIKE MOTHERFVCKING MAINTENANCE TO ME.

"Improving". Good lord, Norvell actually regressed, for 3 years, from what Fuente handed him, before he finally had one good year and got the fvck out of Memphis.

Don't give me overall W-L records without analyzing the context. And stop it with the "blind hate". I don't give a DAMMMMN about Norvell because of who cuts his paychecks, I was not that impressed with him when he was at Memphis.

"What he's done through the Portal"? Did he have any choice? "Recruiting"? It's freaking September. Let's see where he is in December or February. I'm not crowning him yet. "Coaching tree"? What a joke. Yeah, in 5 or 6 years, he's churned out quite a coaching tree.

Hilarious.

Advertisement
Back