Bryce Fitzgerald Safety from Columbus

Almost like he only makes plays on 7v7 because you don’t tackle there. He can get 10 int in a season but if you don’t have fundamental tackling, you are not going to be a good football player.

Advertisement
Almost like he only makes plays on 7v7 because you don’t tackle there. He can get 10 int in a season but if you don’t have fundamental tackling, you are not going to be a good football player.

Oh I agree…I wouldn't take him if he plays soft either, but just saying, he does make plays in games too.

The Trey McNutt thing baffles me.
They had guys higher on the board i'm sure Fitzgerald is one of them.

The problem i saw with that is they offered lesser prospects IN MY EYES to Mcnutt after that situation.

Im not clear on our safety board at all. I remember being like this with Manny at linebacker early on and sensing it would be a problem.

They had guys higher on the board i'm sure Fitzgerald is one of them.

The problem i saw with that is they offered lesser prospects IN MY EYES to Mcnutt after that situation.

Im not clear on our safety board at all. I remember being like this with Manny at linebacker early on and sensing it would be a problem.

Ya I know others disagree, but I think Wallace stays at safety, tape is excellent there…I guess size is the question.

But I guess besides the beast Stubbs...They are just recruiting versatile corners and 1 of them end up at safety (Merritt, Manford, Ewald all could be kids that end up there?) and the safe bet although he will get his first look at corner for DJ Pickett imo is still safety. Do we want him to be a 6'4 stud at corner? Of course... But safety still the safe bet imo

I guess Lo'Kavion Jackson (committed to Miss St), TJ Branch (PSU), and Ladarian Clardy are the next wave behind Stubbs if we are indeed passing on Fitz? No idea how staff ranks those kids though.

Advertisement
Advertisement

The HUDL doesn’t show that though. Only his ints and PBUs. You can argue that the very omission of box play, blitzes and downhill tackling tells you what you need to know. But it “could” be scheme driven. Or maybe Guidry is confident he can develop him? I don’t know. But I agree we want someone who isn’t afraid to thump when it’s called for.

@DMoney in the June 28, 2024 Bank

Miami is continuing to fight for top defensive backs. Two battles to watch closely: DB Bryce Fitzgerald (who may have his best upside as a corner based on recent showings)

True. At Safety yes, at CB not as much.

Actually, the only reason my former Safety isn't currently starting at Oregon State is because he's reluctant to come into the box and tackle. (and this is a kid that led the state in INT's)

Not showing the willingness to "show up" in the run game and be physical will keep kids off the field at the college level.

Actually, the only reason my former Safety isn't currently starting at Oregon State is because he's reluctant to come into the box and tackle. (and this is a kid that led the state in INT's)

Not showing the willingness to "show up" in the run game and be physical will keep kids off the field at the college level.

Unless you’re Gerod Holliman lol. One of, if not the softest CFB players I have ever seen on tape but had insane ball production at UL. Several different opinions across the NFL on him when he was coming out, but obviously he didn’t last very long.

Advertisement

With all these spread formations that teams love to run from, the safety not willing to tackle sound like the recipe to get ran on for 300 yards.

With all these spread formations that teams love to run from, the safety not willing to tackle sound like the recipe to get ran on for 300 yards.
Georgia has their Safety read the offensive tackle, and he's "buzzing his feet" and checking for run BEFORE he drops to his deep zone.

College DC's want their Safeties involved in the run game.

Advertisement
Unless you’re Gerod Holliman lol. One of, if not the softest CFB players I have ever seen on tape but had insane ball production at UL. Several different opinions across the NFL on him when he was coming out, but obviously he didn’t last very long.
It’s honestly insane how no one talks about that 2014. Most INTs ever in a single season. Shoutout Gerod.

Is he gonna play free safety? If you guys are saying he plays soft and doesn’t tackle well or isn’t willing to stick people find someone else. This scheme requires safeties to tackle.

Advertisement
Back