Bryce Fitzgerald Safety from Columbus

Advertisement
Advertisement
The opinions here seem pretty split.

I know the speed question looms heavily over this recruitment but, that aside, are there other concerns?

The opinions here seem pretty split.

I know the speed question looms heavily over this recruitment but, that aside, are there other concerns?
From what I gather speed is not the concern with this kid. By all accounts the speed is there. What I’m gathering is that this kid just isn’t running in to muck it up.

If we get Stubbs..wouldnt mind taking this kid as the 2nd pure safety. Let Stubbs be the headhunter and let this kid play centerfield if he doesnt like getting his hands dirty. Stubbs clearly doesnt have a problem with that. But I wouldnt want this kid as a "Well, we didnt get Stubbs so this isnt a bad consolation" type pickup..if that makes any sense.

Advertisement
Everyone complains we dont have enough athletes in the secondary but because this kid isnt "**** Night Train Lane" back there you dont like him. From all accounts hes a **** good athlete....(verfied 4.4 speed and plays WR too and probably plays basketball if Dmoney likes him. LOL)...

I’ll take the athletic upside - I know this is treachery on CIS but one of the greatest to ever do it at DB wasn’t exactly a willing tackler - Prime

We have to take a mix of guys and if this kid checks every box outside of not being super physical, being that he’s from a prominent feeder school AND he’s talented, we have to take him.

Advertisement
D Money just said the kid doesn't tackle (a few posts back).
i think i was one of the firs ones to say give him a look at cb because didnt see much tackling on his film....and he appears to have the covg skills.

Im indifferent on him as a prospect...dude doesnt have us in his top 3 apparently (dont know if he is trolling) but there's other guys i would be on as a safety prospect.

Trey Mcnutt was right there man lol

i think i was one of the firs ones to say give him a look at cb because didnt see much tackling on his film....and he appears to have the covg skills.

Im indifferent on him as a prospect...dude doesnt have us in his top 3 apparently (dont know if he is trolling) but there's other guys i would be on as a safety prospect.

There are enough busts in recruiting kids that have all the pieces...speed, instincts, size and love to tackle. We shouldn't be giving schollies out when some of that is missing from the jump. Everybody on defense should be a tackler, it's kind of what defense is all about.

Can’t tell much about his willingness to get physical from his HUDL highlights other than he had good hands and was a ballhawk. They had him in deep cover I didn’t see him in the box at all much less blitzing. He was picking off a ton of throws though. If Guidry and Chris like him I will trust those two.

In general, I really dislike soft defenders. I didn’t like CJ Henderson back in the day because he was afraid to tackle. I was one of the JW doubters because he would shoulder tackle and was not a downhill guy. So if Fitzgerald avoids contact, he wouldn’t be high on my board.

Advertisement

The Trey McNutt thing baffles me.

This kid just makes plays at these events though which could be fools gold which makes the eval hard. Everyone is so split when it comes to wanting him in the class

Advertisement
Back