Bryce Fitzgerald Safety from Columbus

Is he gonna play free safety? If you guys are saying he plays soft and doesn’t tackle well or isn’t willing to stick people find someone else. This scheme requires safeties to tackle.
No way that Fitz ends up at Safety here for that reason alone.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Ya I know others disagree, but I think Wallace stays at safety, tape is excellent there…I guess size is the question.

But I guess besides the beast Stubbs...They are just recruiting versatile corners and 1 of them end up at safety (Merritt, Manford, Ewald all could be kids that end up there?) and the safe bet although he will get his first look at corner for DJ Pickett imo is still safety. Do we want him to be a 6'4 stud at corner? Of course... But safety still the safe bet imo

I guess Lo'Kavion Jackson (committed to Miss St), TJ Branch (PSU), and Ladarian Clardy are the next wave behind Stubbs if we are indeed passing on Fitz? No idea how staff ranks those kids though.
No way Ewald ends up at Safety. Aside from that I agree with the premise of your post.

@DMoney in the June 28, 2024 Bank

Miami is continuing to fight for top defensive backs. Two battles to watch closely: DB Bryce Fitzgerald (who may have his best upside as a corner based on recent showings)

Agree with quote. Fitzgerald absolutely has the best upside as a CB. That and the fact that he has absolutely has no business at Safety based on his lack of physicality. At Safety, Fitzgerald would be a TD waiting to happen.

I played with Bryce when I was a senior at Belen and he was a freshman. His freshman year he played JV not varsity until the last game. I was never close to him, but I remember people saying he didn't want to play varsity because of the physicality, and he was scared of getting hit.

After his sophomore season at Belen, I briefly talked with him and remember him telling me Miami was his top school unless Georgia offered. I believe they did but don't think he's a take for them. He's now at Columbus and I haven't talked to him since but talking with people who have connections to Columbus and people who know him, it seems he's going to play WR and CB. Saw the Columbus game vs. CAI last year and he didn't want to tackle, hesitated a lot and looked bad overall. Don't know how much that's changed, but I will say this kid is a legit athlete and ball hawk.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back