Billy Gibson

Advertisement
Yeah wasn't this a situation where Banda told him to keep it 100 about whether he was contacting Oregon and he lied and setup a visit without alerting the staff so we dropped him? This was a weird set of events I remember.

Yeah wasn't this a situation where Banda told him to keep it 100 about whether he was contacting Oregon and he lied and setup a visit without alerting the staff so we dropped him? This was a weird set of events I remember.

Yup

Shocker...Loved him out of HS. Kills everything moving as an in the box safety. Some similiarities with Robert Hanna from Palmetto. Gibson may be a little bigger, Hanna looser in the hips.

Not sure we have room though.
WTF?

Billy Gibson is 10 times the Safety prospect that Hanna is and we still don't want him.

Please go compare their films.

If Hanna is in this class, we will have failed miserably in recruiting this cycle.

Banda really needs to step it up.

Advertisement
giphy.gif

lmao i'm not vouching for him, just passed the news

WTF?

Billy Gibson is 10 times the Safety prospect that Hanna is and we still don't want him.

If Hanna is in this class, we will have failed miserably in recruiting this cycle.

WTF?

Nope, I disagree...And I don't give two f**ks about your opinion like you don't about mine, so save the dramatics.

Both play basically an OLB in high school. Very comparable type players. Gibson was kinda bow-legged and stiff in coverage but I still wanted him at UM because he was violent. Probably not welcome with the way things ended, although there were rumors at the end the kid wanted out/had to get out because of street **** with some close around him.

Nope, I disagree...And I don't give two f**ks about your opinion like you don't about mine, so save the dramatics.

Both play basically an OLB in high school. Very comparable type players. Gibson was kinda bow-legged and stiff in coverage but I still wanted him at UM because he was violent. Probably not welcome with the way things ended, although there were rumors at the end the kid wanted out/had to get out because of street **** with some close around him.
Hanna has no pop, Gibson would knock your head off and played as a rover Safety along with OLB.

I have only seen Hanna line up as an OLB, and his film is extremely weak IMO.

Please Banda, land some studs so we don't have to settle for Hanna.

But with the way Banda has been whiffing, Hanna seems like he may get into this class, and that IMO would be horrible with our need at that position.

Banda's Whiffs at Safety:

Josh Jobe
Jordan Battle
Brendan Gant
Tyriq $tevenson
Avantae Williams
Ladarrius Tennison

Hanna has no pop, Gibson would knock your head off and played as a rover Safety along with OLB.

But with the way Banda has been whiffing, Hanna seems like he may get into this class, and that IMO would be horrible with our need at that position.

Josh Jobe
Jordan Battle
Brendan Gant
Tyriq $tevenson
Avantae Williams
Ladarrius Tennison

Yeah I disagree on Hanna, although I do have questions about him as a deep safety for sure.

I don't care about Banda, I'm not having a conversation about him this morning. And I disagree about Hanna there's pop there, and even when he doesn't get the kill shot he gets em on the ground, he's an eraser. And for a lanky kid, I like that he is still good in space.

Advertisement

Josh Jobe
Jordan Battle
Brendan Gant
Tyriq $tevenson
Avantae Williams
Ladarrius Tennison

This is a little unfair. Hall and Bolden are elite talents. KSmith has elite measurables and many posters on here think very highly of him.. Carter is **** good as well. We are a solid 2 deep at the position. How many safeties do we need?

Now as far as this cycle..would love for him to get a great class but the facts are that there is no playing time next year at Safety since all 4 I just mentioned return in 2020. Recruits see that too. Lets let it play out before we say he is striking out.

This is a little unfair. Hall and Bolden are elite talents. KSmith has elite measurables and many posters on here think very highly of him.. Carter is **** good as well. We are a solid 2 deep at the position. How many safeties do we need?

Now as far as this cycle..would love for him to get a great class but the facts are that there is no playing time next year at Safety since all 4 I just mentioned return in 2020. Recruits see that too. Lets let it play out before we say he is striking out.
Yes he landed solid replacements but whiffed on all of his top targets.

Why did we get Bolden?

B/c he whiffed on $tevenson.

K Smith played more LB than actual Safety and may end up at Striker if he can’t get better in coverage.

He was also a replacement as he was waiting on his offer for a few months and our top 3 Safeties at the time were $tevenson, Battle and Gant.

Everyone ******* about Rumph, but Banda is just as bad if not worse.

Yes he landed solid replacements but whiffed on all of his top targets.

Why did we get Bolden?

B/c he whiffed on $tevenson.

K Smith played more LB than actual Safety and may end up at Striker if he can’t get better in coverage.

He was also a replacement as he was waiting on his offer for a few months and our top 3 Safeties at the time were $tevenson, Battle and Gant.

Everyone ******* about Rumph, but Banda is just as bad if not worse.

BIG FACTS!

Love how no one wants to acknowledge this. Banda is would be a good QC guy or an off the field coach / recruiting department.

Advertisement

We got the Plan B guys is the problem. If you happy with competing in the ACC Coarstal but getting killed in ACC championship and bowl games then be happy with the Hall/Smith etc.... And your excuse for no playing time cause this guy and that guy are returning....how all these other schools getting kids to come and sit for a year or two?

Advertisement
We got the Plan B guys is the problem. If you happy with competing in the ACC Coarstal but getting killed in ACC championship and bowl games then be happy with the Hall/Smith etc.... And your excuse for no playing time cause this guy and that guy are returning....how all these other schools getting kids to come and sit for a year or two?

Wait Gurvan Hall was a Plan B kid?

BIG FACTS!

Love how no one wants to acknowledge this. Banda is would be a good QC guy or an off the field coach / recruiting department.

Name a Safety that hasn't went to the NFL under his watch at UM.

Advertisement
Back