Billy Gibson

Hall was no plan B, total stud. As for the other guys, Carter, Bolden and K Smith, there are probably 20 out of the top 25 schools who wished they had that 2-4 list. Stevenson and Battle may be Day 1 / Day 2 kids. We sucked last year, and they went to BCS teams... All that said, I do agree with you that Banda hasn't been the ace recruiter we thought he was.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Hanna has no pop, Gibson would knock your head off and played as a rover Safety along with OLB.

I have only seen Hanna line up as an OLB, and his film is extremely weak IMO.

Please Banda, land some studs so we don't have to settle for Hanna.

But with the way Banda has been whiffing, Hanna seems like he may get into this class, and that IMO would be horrible with our need at that position.

Banda's Whiffs at Safety:

Josh Jobe
Jordan Battle
Brendan Gant
Tyriq $tevenson
Avantae Williams
Ladarrius Tennison
Bro Banda did all he could with Stevenson. We won 7 games and he got a bag. Don’t know why y’all expected different

Advertisement
Why is it Karma? Smh. Kid opted for another program and it didn’t work out. Is karma with the players we flip and they don’t work out. Sometimes it’s just a system fit. The young man is a good kid. Just never worked out at Oregon.

The kid played games and ended up playing himself. If that isn’t karma idk what is.

You sound like a dude who got cheated on and apologized afterward

Name a Safety that he recruited that went to the NFL. Then name a safety that is actually starting and not just a Backup/ST player

That has little to do with what the coach did for him. Elite speed and or size and at least flashing pro bowl potential ability on film gets you drafted high (flowers, dorsett, Burns, and Njoku), not “development”.

Our best NFL corner since probably Duane Starks was Sam Shields, who only played the position for 1 year in college. Meanwhile, the corner on the other side (Brandon Harris), busted as a 2nd round pick — despite being technically sound, fast, and physical. Artie Burns broke the Miami record for ints, not because Paul Williams is a DB guru.

Every step and technique individual drills have to be approved/usually assigned by the coordinator, so it fits the system.

Agree on the recruiting faults by both Banda and rumph.

That has little to do with what the coach did for him. Elite speed and or size and at least flashing pro bowl potential ability on film gets you drafted high (flowers, dorsett, Burns, and Njoku), not “development”.

Our best NFL corner since probably Duane Starks was Sam Shields, who only played the position for 1 year in college. Meanwhile, the corner on the other side (Brandon Harris), busted as a 2nd round pick — despite being technically sound, fast, and physical. Artie Burns broke the Miami record for ints, not because Paul Williams is a DB guru.

Every step and technique individual drills have to be approved/usually assigned by the coordinator, so it fits the system.

Agree on the recruiting faults by both Banda and rumph.

This was only about Banda. People always say look at the safetys he put in the league. Just my opinion but he hasnt done anything but shake pom poms. We have missed on just about every Plan A safety(besides maybe Hall). If we wanting to compete with the big boys on game day you cant have plan B guys. I know we not on Bama/Clemson level where its Plan A across the board. And it wont be for awhile

The kid played games and ended up playing himself. If that isn’t karma idk what is.

You sound like a dude who got cheated on and apologized afterward

Naw I sound like a rational adult that don’t hold grudges against kids for making their own choices. That was 3 years ago. You must be 12. I never understand people being happy when things don’t work out for a recruit that opted for somewhere else. I mean just last cycle we got the commitment of Jakai Clark. The young committed and decommitted from like 3 schools. It’s part of the recruiting game. We’ll lose some but we’ll gain some.

For you to compare this to someone cheating in a relationship shows your immaturity.

Advertisement
Naw I sound like a rational adult that don’t hold grudges against kids for making their own choices. That was 3 years ago. You must be 12. I never understand people being happy when things don’t work out for a recruit that opted for somewhere else. I mean just last cycle we got the commitment of Jakai Clark. The young committed and decommitted from like 3 schools. It’s part of the recruiting game. We’ll lose some but we’ll gain some.

For you to compare this to someone cheating in a relationship shows your immaturity.

If the kid doesn’t become a cane I could care less what happens to them. In this particular case the kid was a better fit here, but decided to play games and it turned out bad for him.

Apologists like you are part of the reason he made a choice to be stupid. If he had real mentors, they would’ve told him to quit f***** around and sign with Miami, where you fit best. Instead they said, “go where they show you the most love.” Life has consequences and he’s learning that the hard way.

Yes he landed solid replacements but whiffed on all of his top targets.

Why did we get Bolden?

B/c he whiffed on $tevenson.

K Smith played more LB than actual Safety and may end up at Striker if he can’t get better in coverage.

He was also a replacement as he was waiting on his offer for a few months and our top 3 Safeties at the time were $tevenson, Battle and Gant.

Everyone ******* about Rumph, but Banda is just as bad if not worse.

Keontra Smith was not a “replacement” recruit. That’s crazy. You don’t know what you are taking about.

People on here love “combine numbers” so go look at his and then get back to me and tell me he was a “replacement”.

Advertisement
If our guys at safety were “consolation prizes” then I’ll take that all day. Again, Bolden and Hall are elite recruits. Smith is a combine warrior and Carter is no slouch. This ain’t Jeff Popovich like you are trying to make it seem.

Hahahaha!! Fck this seed. There is an inordinate amount of scum who fck with UM and later washout. Beware. You can ruin your life fcking with UM.

But no wonder it happens.

We have slime on this site that will applaud these mercenary divas and tell them “go get yours, young bull”...what do these geniuses have to say when they wash out

Advertisement
Back