2025 Ben Hanks Jr 4* CB from Booker T Commits to the Gator

I think way too many people put emphasis on one game. Miami could roll up to the Swamp, beat UF by 3 toudies, and Hanks still sign with UF.

Its more about season as a whole. Direction of program, but family ties are hard to break.
Agreed, but it is hard to shake the feeling that the outcome of the UF game will also foreshadow the rest of the Canes season. If we lay an egg, all the good vibes that came back with the portal additions and strong close to the 24 class will be gone. Not so say they couldn't rebound from an L, we just know the history of the last 20 years...

Advertisement
Let's hope for some Mario Magic as we close in on decision-time. The predictions to UF are telling, but I haven't seen one from the national guys yet. With UF, I can see why they'd hold off.

Love this kid as a prospect. For me, he'll be a Cane until he's not.

Yeah okBilly is not getting fired this year unless the bottom completely falls out. The buyout is too prohibitive and they're still on the hook paying Dan Mullen.
Thinking What GIF by HBO Max

Advertisement
Advertisement
I'm from Northwest Washington & the rivalry up here with UW/WSU doesn't come anywhere near what i would imagine the Florida schools have. Probably different for everyone but how much does the alumni hate overcome the "better decision for their kid" aspect?

I'm from Northwest Washington & the rivalry up here with UW/WSU doesn't come anywhere near what i would imagine the Florida schools have. Probably different for everyone but how much does the alumni hate overcome the "better decision for their kid" aspect?
"Better decision for their kid" is completely subjective and is heavily influenced by a number of factors.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Billy is not getting fired this year unless the bottom completely falls out. The buyout is too prohibitive and they're still on the hook paying Dan Mullen.

What does “the bottom completely falls out” look like, exactly?

Their win total is 4.5. Four point five.

If they go 4-8, that’s not underperforming much. It’s pretty much what’s expected.

And if you think he survives going 4-8, well, you’re a jillion percent wrong.

Billy is not getting fired this year unless the bottom completely falls out. The buyout is too prohibitive and they're still on the hook paying Dan Mullen.

If Napier has a 3rd straight losing record, no way UF can bring him back. The new ESPN SEC deal kicks in this year so they will have the money.

Only coach I could think of that started with 3 losing seasons and turned it around was Gary Barnett at Northwestern in the 90s. Even Bill Snyder got then hapless Kansas St into a 7 win in year 3. Art Briles got 7 wins in year as well.

Advertisement
Back