2025 Ben Hanks Jr 4* CB from Booker T Commits to the Gator

He’s still not committing for like 3-4 weeks right? Or am I thinking of someone else?

That’s a lifetime in recruiting lol
If the kid was dead set on Florida I think he would've committed by now. I think he wants Miami but his father wants florid but ultimately it will be a signing day thing and he will go to the team that is heading in the right direction.

Advertisement
If you were a former Miami Hurricanes player, how would you feel about your son going to play for UF or FSU?
I would want my son going to the school that best positions him for success and would try to leave personal support for my school aside. Who has the most stable program? Who has the best coaches? Have the latter improved the athletes and developed them? That's what I would be looking for. If he's a potential NFL player, what program best guides him towards that career.

I would want my son going to the school that best positions him for success and would try to leave personal support for my school aside. Who has the most stable program? Who has the best coaches? Have the latter improved the athletes and developed them? That's what I would be looking for. If he's a potential NFL player, what program best guides him towards that career.
I won't turn this into a pro Billy debate but uf has consecutive years of players being drafted 1st rd. That scenario may not be in our favor.

this. people gotta put their fandoms aside.

Advertisement
This kid is ours if we beat UF who then goes on to have a losing record ... AND they either:
1. keep Billie creating uncertainty for the future, or​
2. they fire Billie and fail to replace him with a Top 10 HC+NIL+program budget.​

Another Napier type (or Al Golden / Manny Diaz type), or lack of program/NIL to invest in the program, and the Hanks family won't bet his future on the Gators. A Richt/Mario type with budget, and he's theirs. JMHO.

Advertisement
I will NEVER get upset about a legacy kid going to their legacy school.... I know it's not the end all be all factor in a kids decision but regardless of what they say, it definitely holds a lot of weight. I never expect real interest from rival legacy kids anyway so this wouldn't even be a let down for me lol.

Quick question tho... Who was our best legacy kid that we missed out on?? If any actually panned out.

I won't turn this into a pro Billy debate but uf has consecutive years of players being drafted 1st rd. That scenario may not be in our favor.
True, but what college regime is likely to have more long term continuity. That would be a factor as well. Also, what position groups does the program favor? If my son was a wide receiver, I’d consider a Paul Johnson team radioactive.

Advertisement
I would want my son going to the school that best positions him for success and would try to leave personal support for my school aside.
You’re not thinking like a parent. There would be a lot of emotion involved in that decision.
Who has the most stable program? Who has the best coaches? Have the latter improved the athletes and developed them? That's what I would be looking for. If he's a potential NFL player, what program best guides him towards that career.
If you could tell in high school that he already has NFL potential, there would be many schools beside a hated rival that could help him achieve his goals.

Advertisement
You would do every single possible mental somersault to convince you and your kid that Miami fit the bill.

Advertisement
Back