2025 Ben Hanks Jr 4* CB from Booker T Commits to the Gator

Advertisement
Advertisement
Happy Feel Good GIF

I have no problem with Hanks, except he doesn't seem to want the U. Pickett and Antoine should be at the top of the payroll.
You know, that’s a great statement right there. With the portal, you really have to invest in kids that truly want your program. Signing day bragging rights aside, what matters are the players you keep.

Advertisement
Let me clarify, in modern times lol last 20 years.

NIL world has lessened the importance of W/L to some degree

I mean we had kids choosing us over UGA, Michigan, Ohio State etc last year who had far more successful seasons than us ON the field

Even with a week 1 W, that schedule is a murderers row and that staff will be wiped out and all our goals are still within reach. And we will be there when these UF commits are back at the table in late November

Us fans imo overrate 1 game as opposed to the big picture, and more importantly recruits eyes

Advertisement
Advertisement
NIL world has lessened the importance of W/L to some degree

I mean we had kids choosing us over UGA, Michigan, Ohio State etc last year who had far more successful seasons than us ON the field

Even with a week 1 W, that schedule is a murderers row and that staff will be wiped out and all our goals are still within reach. And we will be there when these UF commits are back at the table in late November

Us fans imo overrate 1 game as opposed to the big picture, and more importantly recruits eyes
This is the most important game for Mario. I’m aware our secondary isn’t elite. But the roster overall is as good as it’s been since 03 ( 11-2) with an elite QB. He needs this game and he needs at least a 10 win season.

If he's leaning/picking Florida, that means his Parents (Pops) is making the decision.

If he's allowed to pick on his own, I would bet on it being Miami.

If we haven't pushed all the chips in & offered this kid a monumental NIL deal, then something has gone terribly wrong.

The South FL CB's that yall overhype every year is who this kid actually is. He's the pinnacle of what yall think the others are but really aren't. Cannot concede defeat in this recruitment, sorry, just can't.

If he's leaning/picking Florida, that means his Parents (Pops) is making the decision.

If he's allowed to pick on his own, I would bet on it being Miami.

If we haven't pushed all the chips in & offered this kid a monumental NIL deal, then something has gone terribly wrong.

The South FL CB's that yall overhype every year is who this kid actually is. He's the pinnacle of what yall think the others are but really aren't. Cannot concede defeat in this recruitment, sorry, just can't.
Probably smart not to push all in right now though, wouldn’t you say? Why offer the massive NiL now just for UF to promise more than that come NSD anyways? Like bidding against ourselves.

Probably smart not to push all in right now though, wouldn’t you say? Why offer the massive NiL now just for UF to promise more than that come NSD anyways? Like bidding against ourselves.
Considering that he plans on shutting down his recruitment once he commits somewhere I'd say it's best to get him now than wait til late in the year.

In this era, anything can happen, but the odds aren't in our favor if we don't come away from the Summer with the foundation stones of the DB Pyramid already precut & in place.

If we don't get Big Bank Hanks this Summer, the likelihood of flipping him in the winter/December isn't very high.

Advertisement
Back