Believe The Hype

Advertisement
right. I think the outcome will be similar to last year but we will get there in a much different way. hopefully Duke and a few others are FR phenoms and we get some playmakers but I'm not expecting it right away

This. It'm much more interesting to finish 6-6 with a bunch of very promising freshmen playing their guts out as I'm sure they will than see a bunch of underachieving slobs finish 6-6 like last year. Also, for the heck of it, I will predict we even do better than last year, and close it out 7-5 before foregoing our bowl game.

An 8 win season would make me extremely excited for the future. I still expect what most of you said though, 6-6 or 7-5. Also I think our defense is going to be top 15 in the nation and will surprise many people. If morris ends up being a stud I could see us getting 8 wins somehow

I think 6-6 or 7-5 but we probably go to the bowl IMO

This is what my head says as well, but looking at that schedule I feel like we could win 8-9 games. As Jhall pointed out we are going to be in a lot of close games, hopefully in year 2 of Golden's program we come out on the winning end of more games than last year.

I still wouldn't mind seeing us take another bowl ban, unless we some how make it to a BCS bowl. A 2 year bowl ban shows the NCAA that the University is taking this matter very seriously.

Advertisement
Agreed on 6-6 or 7-5. I think you have to take the bowl ban if sanctions haven't been handed down yet. Pretty much no chance we go to a major bowl, but if we did AND sanctions hadn't been handed down, should we take a ban?

8-4 is credible. 9-3 at high end, 7-5 at low end, is my view of range. 6-6 is not a good job, and 10-2 is coach of the year material.

I do believe though. I think AG is the right guy for the job. There isnt a coach in the country other than Saban who i would trade him for, to be honest. Meyer's credible but a scumbag.

Sounds fair to me

8-4 is credible. 9-3 at high end, 7-5 at low end, is my view of range. 6-6 is not a good job, and 10-2 is coach of the year material.

I do believe though. I think AG is the right guy for the job. There isnt a coach in the country other than Saban who i would trade him for, to be honest. Meyer's credible but a scumbag.

Cant have a reasonably decent season without a QB that isnt a turn over machine and has it between the ears. Im still skeptical of our qb duo right now. Until proven wrong, no better than 6-6.

Advertisement
on paper RIGHT NOW we have a top 25 schedule and a bunch of unproven guys all over the place. not a good recipe.

I haven't looked but I would think the line for our reg season win totals would be 6.5

8-4 to 10-2 if
1. The WRs step up and somebody distinguishes themselves as a play maker, preferably Phillip Dorsett.
2. Mike James runs like a mad man. There is no way he is going to reproduce Miller's numbers but if he gets close to them then that will suffice. Maybe 900 yds rushing splitting with Duke and co.
3. Someone becomes a difference maker, one that can take control whatever side of the ball they are playing on and opposing teams have to game plan to stop.! There has been none since I've started watching UM in 2008. Somebody needs to become a Tavon Austin, a Marcus Lattimore, a Manti Te'o, a Jarvis Jones, and the list goes on of current stars/difference makers in College Football today who in turn make the team better.
With only 1 of those likely imo I see 7-5. 2013 is the year I'm looking forward to.

Advertisement
on paper RIGHT NOW we have a top 25 schedule and a bunch of unproven guys all over the place. not a good recipe.

I haven't looked but I would think the line for our reg season win totals would be 6.5

Good point on the schedule. Who knew KSU would ball last year? Just never know how these schedules will shake out till the end.

This sounds about right.

I just have this weird feeling that we are going to beat expectations though.

idk bro Michigan coach was a good find..

Advertisement
Put me on board for a 6-6 or 7-5 and foregoing a bowl.

Too many of "Randy's kids" need to step up and be really impact players to be better than that...and listen, I just know they don't got'it in'em.

sad how far we have fallen... we expect to lose 5 to 6 games now... smh... whatever happened to no excuses?

Eh, we've had some bad teams. This just seems to be the first time in 10+ years that we realize it. 2007 wasnt much better but we couldnt admit to it preseason. Truth be told, there's no real difference between 6 and 8 wins for us.

sad how far we have fallen... we expect to lose 5 to 6 games now... smh... whatever happened to no excuses?

Who cares what grade these guys are in if they are developed physically and mentally by the coaching staff? If they show good fundamentals and work extremely hard there are plenty of freshman,redshirts,and sophomores around the country who have impact on their respected teams.So sick of hearing that excuse.These guys are bigger,stronger and more fundamentally sound than last year.Staff got rid of the dead weight,and it's going to show on the field.

9-3

Advertisement
Back