Believe The Hype

GoldenEra

Recruit
It seems like every year us Canes fans find a reason to be hyped about the upcoming season, only to be dissapointed by a mediocre season. But this year there is a vibe with the players and coaches, that tells me this might be the best class in years. Sounds cliche but Al Golden will have these boys ready come Sept. 1st. Who will be the playmaker this year offense or defense.Who stands out to you? :neonu:

Advertisement
I know we have beaten this subject into the ground over the long off season but its going to be a tough year. I expect we will be in a lot of close games. We don't have a high powered offense and we have a solid defense that usually doesn't get a lot of turnovers and sacks. Dogfights week in and week out so hopefully the mental preparation that we have preached will set in.

QB is usually the focal point of a team but our hopes ride on Morris more so than most teams. He needs to have a good year for us to do anything.

Advertisement
right. I think the outcome will be similar to last year but we will get there in a much different way. hopefully Duke and a few others are FR phenoms and we get some playmakers but I'm not expecting it right away

right. I think the outcome will be similar to last year but we will get there in a much different way. hopefully Duke and a few others are FR phenoms and we get some playmakers but I'm not expecting it right away

I am trying to keep my expectations for Duke, Howard and some of those guys down, but when you see so many of our games hinge on one big play (offensively or defensively) its hard not to imagine those guys making a difference in some games last year.

****, Dandy.

You coulda waited until the second page or so . . . . nothing like freezing urass off high in the Cascades, getting that match lit to just get the kindling started and Dandy shows up and dumps five gallons of cold water on you, the fire, the match, the kindling . . . . and your small wood supply.

7-5 with a nice win streak to end the season. Anything more than 6 wins would be a great season. Need one more year to start talking double digit wins.

Advertisement
****, Dandy.

You coulda waited until the second page or so . . . . nothing like freezing urass off high in the Cascades, getting that match lit to just get the kindling started and Dandy shows up and dumps five gallons of cold water on you, the fire, the match, the kindling . . . . and your small wood supply.

Golden will get this program to the promised land or close to it but this is going to be a long slog.

Advertisement
I'd honestly be happy with a 7-5 regular season (as long as we keep games close and play our asses off) with our first bowl win since 2006, building momentum towards 2013.

8-5 with a young team would be alright

I say we lose no more than 4 games... its time... Al is not preaching to win later, he is couching to win now!

DESERVE VICTORY!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back