Bat Signal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
If it is big Juan, I do find it weird 247 has him unranked with
20230417_170824.jpg
all these offers.

This board tends to forget how last summer went. We are in it for a bunch of blue chippers this go around as well. If we are looking this bare come September I’ll start worrying.
Yeah, and we were freaking out last spring as well. I’d say for good reason but in the end we got it going. Given what happened last year, I just can’t bring myself to freaking out, even though I wish we were doing better. I will say though, one difference that made things a bit easier was that both FSU and UF were in the gutter all spring and summer as well. They are currently doing very well.

Advertisement
Yeah, and we were freaking out last spring as well. I’d say for good reason but in the end we got it going. Given what happened last year, I just can’t bring myself to freaking out, even though I wish we were doing better. I will say though, one difference that made things a bit easier was that both FSU and UF were in the gutter all spring and summer as well. They are currently doing very well.
The last half is a fair take. But it’s very difficult to keep a class together if you season falters, as we all know very well. Sometimes the slow burn yields better long term results.

It's a study in human behavior. It's wild. People can't help themselves. Mario's obvious strategy is hold off on taking most of the highly recruited kids commitments until they've had a chance to be around the program a lot, whether that's a ton of UOV's (Chance) or usually OV's with parents. It's wild that everyone has forgotten that we used to be decommit U. He is making sure kids are sure and that we've survived other teams taking a big swing at them before we accept them. It's smart as ****, btw.

If anyone is still confused about how it's going to go, just revisit last year, day by day. Last year at this time we had a handful of low rated commitments (the early arrivals among them look good btw) + Robby Washington. Seem familiar? And for gods sake, look at the amount of elite talent that's visited this spring. That's your key indicator IMO. Expect June and July to be bonkers. I do.

Advertisement
Day, Minaya, and the in-state SAF (assuming the CB's turn into a commitment) are good pulls. Control the controllable. These are guys the staff really likes, have the green light and are ready to pop. Minaya will get evaluated ranked as a 86-87, same with Day. Add in the in-state SAF and we're creeping up on 20th in the rankings for those that care about that the most. I do, too.

Just don't understand the disappointment in getting guys that have the look and tape of what we want.

Advertisement
None of the big 4 star and 5 star guys we in it for are ready to commit. Y’all going to have to wait til June/July-august or December
And most of them will want to see improvement. I don't think Miami could pull another class like last year with a 5-7 6-6 type season.

No super highly ranked dude we've been linked to has popped for another program outside of Air Noland, and Smith if we're back-tracking to last year (I'm not).

We will get the big fish this summer during OV season.

Oh, and the DT commitments will be contagious. Just need one to join and BOOM!

Advertisement
And most of them will want to see improvement. I don't think Miami could pull another class like last year with a 5-7 6-6 type season.
Nope. 7-5 gets us close to last year so long as the offense and defense are aggressive and flash. 8-4 or more shows REAL progress.

I'm rolling with 8-4 and the 5th ranked class.

The main thing Mario does well is recruit, he will never have a class outside of the top 15 so there is no reason to worry.

Nope. 7-5 gets us close to last year so long as the offense and defense are aggressive and flash. 8-4 or more shows REAL progress.

I'm rolling with 8-4 and the 5th ranked class.
I don't think the schedule is that tough either. A&M at home which is good, then games like Pitt, UNC, FSU will be tough. I think NC State lost a lot of guys. 8-4 seems like a fair prediction. Hopefully Miami adds some more key pieces in the portal.

Edit: Forgot to add Clemson. I realize this post will get a lot of laughs. Sorry guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back