Bartow: Harley shuts down recruitment, sticks with WVU

Advertisement
Uf fans are hilarious, talk all that sh*t about Miami yet can't beat us on the field

With or without him the WR class isn't up to par. He's not a class changer (and yes I've said this lots of times).

We need real difference makers like Jeudy to take the next step.

This registers about a .0000001 on my rustle-meter.

The fact that this staff can't recruit a dead body at WR should rustle yo jimmies, friend.

Advertisement
This was also done on the eve of the our game tomorrow. Hologram just spit in Richt's face.

With or without him the WR class isn't up to par. He's not a class changer (and yes I've said this lots of times).

Missing on Jeudy hurt, but was sort of expected. Missing on Harley, a kid who would have came here if we offered earlier, is a pathetic fail by this staff. They are really stinking up the joint in this recruiting cycle. If they miss the two Heritage lineman, then this may be one of the worst classes we have had in years (in terms of landing players for the positions we need desperately).

The fact that this staff can't recruit a dead body at WR should rustle yo jimmies, friend.
I guess that's my point. I'm already rustled, a guy like Harley makes no difference. He's a Kermit Whitfield type. Sure it's better than not getting him but still he wasn't going to prove anything to me about this staph.

Kinda of ironic that Rick is having such a problem with St. Thomas.

WTF is with that school?

Of the 17 St Thomas players currently in the NFL, only 3 of them attended Miami (Dorsett, Hankerson and Linder).

When the most prolific NFL talent producing HS in the country is 30 miles from your campus and you only own 18% of that market, something is wrong.

Advertisement
Next time, listen to the Living Legend. I told you cats it was far from a done deal even while Pete kept assuring you he was coming. If it was such a done deal then it would have been done already.

No way Harley was going to fvck Hologram like that and decommit on him on the last week of the cycle after they offered him and were good to him. He was stringing it along because he wasn't sure what he was going to do. He wasn't doing it to fvck Hologram over at the last minute.

Yep, no doubt he also had people in his circle talking to him how UM didn't really care for him much early on and he should remember that - you know, typical sofla groupthink.

Not a big surprise. And tbh, I wouldn't be surprised if we lose Herbert as wel.
If we can't get a 3 star midget from STA then nothing is a guarantee. We start losing recruiting battles to WVU then we are officially in trouble.

Only bright spot, if there is one, is that the immortal Butch David (in the eyes of the mooks on here) lost a couple recruits to WVU including Osa Nosa.

But yeah. We're in a world of trouble if we can't beat WVU for a local 3 star midget.

Missing on Jeudy hurt, but was sort of expected. Missing on Harley, a kid who would have came here if we offered earlier, is a pathetic fail by this staff. They are really stinking up the joint in this recruiting cycle. If they miss the two Heritage lineman, then this may be one of the worst classes we have had in years (in terms of landing players for the positions we need desperately).
I hear ya. Certainly don't blame people for feeling this way

Smart move, kid would never be more that 5th WR and special teams contributor here. Have fun playing midget ball in hicktown.

Classic, here comes all the excuse fans saying "he's not that good," when everyone on this board was saying we drastically needed him because of how electric he is.

Well it's true. Very few 150lb kids workout and even less of them go on to be top4 on the depth chart. He's a special teams loss not a WR loss.

Mike Harley is essentially the exact same player as Phil Dorset.

I guess that's my point. I'm already rustled, a guy like Harley makes no difference. He's a Kermit Whitfield type. Sure it's better than not getting him but still he wasn't going to prove anything to me about this staph.

Advertisement
Right...

150 pound kids like Travis Benjamin, Phil Dorset, Roscoe Parrish, Tavon Austin, etc.

Harley is a stud and this is not good.

Smart move, kid would never be more that 5th WR and special teams contributor here. Have fun playing midget ball in hicktown.

Classic, here comes all the excuse fans saying "he's not that good," when everyone on this board was saying we drastically needed him because of how electric he is.

Well it's true. Very few 150lb kids workout and even less of them go on to be top4 on the depth chart. He's a special teams loss not a WR loss.

Whoever Petes source is, is an over confident staff member. They thought holloman was coming (noone believed that), thought harley was an easy flip (nope), and they still think Smith is realistic (nope). Richt has some explaining to do.

Advertisement
It's alarming enough for a staff to miss on every premier WR target in their first full year when there is so much immediate playing time available.

It's outright pathetic when you can't land a three-star receiver from your own backyard in a battle against f***ing West Virginia. And the staff deserves 100% of the blame on this one when they initially prioritized both Rodney Scott & Kevaughn Dingle while dragging their feet on Harley, refusing to offer until November.

WR recruiting is laughably inept. Unacceptable.

Spot on, especially the bolded

Mike Harley is essentially the exact same player as Phil Dorset.

Nobody asked you, Chud

WVU WR's ball out and have been getting drafted into the league. Especially the speedy guys. Kevine White, Bailey, and Tavon Austin. I-Mac sucked though.

Ya that's why i said it's a good move for him. He'll actually get burn there.

You don't know if pete was actually wrong what if this kid told people he was coming then had a change of heart it happens kids are still kids man no worries pete

Advertisement
Back