Ball State at Miami - 9/14/2024

Well we look like **** imo in terms of the basics again. He got Florida right but had all off season to prepare. Give Mario a week and expect sloppy play and wasting timeouts I guess.

I was quoting a funny Instagram dude…not giving coaching advice

Advertisement
We will lose to good teams if we can't run the ball
Don’t get me wrong, I’m very concerned about that. But Cam Ward is ELITE when he’s not pressured. Our O-line is elite at pass blocking. There isn’t a team on our schedule with a top 50 pressure rate. I don’t think anyone in the ACC except Miami does. Not even Clemson.

Are we national title contenders without a run game? No. But this is the perfect year to have a sub par run game. We can legitimately make the semis, depending on the quarter matchup, until it becomes a real issue.

Advertisement
I'm gunna guess Cam plays 2 drives then Emory comes in for the rest of the game. Maybe Judd will play a couple snaps to end it...

Advertisement
Poff will be the backup until we get to late in the season. Emory will likely want to save his 3 games for late in the season if all goes right.
Why does it matter lol in the transfer portal era play the dudes you have whenever and just see what happens

I agree poff is the back up and you have to keep him loose but he really didn’t inspire much whenever he was in and I’d entertain getting Emory looks

Advertisement
Passing teams don't win national championships. Even with hiesman qbs. He **** sure wants to be balanced.

Balance shouldn’t mean 50% pass 50% run. It should mean equally distributing the ball to the playermakers so that an opponent can’t shut one person down and end the scoring threat. Miami is very well balanced. Look how many playmakers are getting their hands on the rock. If Ward throws a 1 yard pass to his RB in space and he runs 25 yards- does it matter that it doesn’t count a run on the score sheet? Functionally it works just as well.

Advertisement
As awesome as our OC is at drawing up some creative passing routes he struggles to get anything with the run

I’d love to start seeing jet sweeps… option… zone read… counter… the only thing is we still have yet to play a true challenger (yeah the gators suck ***) so we’ll see how it is when we get to the meat of our schedule
Preach on. I would love to see those concepts. But that might be too far a reach for his system. At least don’t telegraph the run the way we do. We have 6-7 on the line and only 2 wide - of course you are going to invite 8 in the box. Put some trust in a 5 man front and give your rb a chance to make someone miss. Our condensed lines don’t allow us to really bounce anything outside.

LSU and Joe Borrow
They passed 500 times and ran 500 times. Had a 1400 yard rusher who rushed for 6.6 ypc. That team was very balanced with a heisman qb and 2 generational receivers.

To go undefeated and win a natl championship. You have to be balanced. Yall acting like I'm saying you have to run the ball 70% of the time lol. You have to be able to attack defenses with both to win the big games.

Advertisement
Back