Ball State at Miami - 9/14/2024

Advertisement
CIS: “Mario runs the ball too much! Let Cam pass! Air raid!”

Cam 317 and 4 TDs in the first half

Also CIS: “We need to run the ball more. Too much passing!”

Never change, CIS.

No Way What GIF by NBA

Balance shouldn’t mean 50% pass 50% run. It should mean equally distributing the ball to the playermakers so that an opponent can’t shut one person down and end the scoring threat. Miami is very well balanced. Look how many playmakers are getting their hands on the rock. If Ward throws a 1 yard pass to his RB in space and he runs 25 yards- does it matter that it doesn’t count a run on the score sheet? Functionally it works just as well.
I'm not ****ting on the team. I'm saying what it has to take to go undefeated and win a NC. They have to figure it out to be successful in a 12 team playoff.

You don't beat GA with that recipe you just said. At times you have to be able to line up and pound the rock.

We can be 60% pass and 40% run and be balanced. The run game needs to be efficient and effective for us to reach out goals is all im saying.

I'm not saying we should run just to run if we're averaging 2 ypc. I'm saying they have to figure out what this team does well in the run game. Last year and 3 games this year, inside zone isn't it.

Advertisement
Don’t get me wrong, I’m very concerned about that. But Cam Ward is ELITE when he’s not pressured. Our Online is elite at pass blocking. There isn’t a team on our schedule with a top 50 pressure rate. I don’t think anyone in the ACC except Miami does. Not even Clemson.

Are we national title contenders without a run game? No. But this is the perfect year to have a sub par run game. We can legitimately make the semis, depending on the quarter matchup, until it becomes a real issue.
I'm thrilled that we have Ward, he's a good QB. I don't think he's elite. I'm very happy that we are a much better team overall and that we have an easy schedule. I think GA would curb stomp us. I still see a fairly large gap between us and the best teams in college football

Advertisement
Why does it matter lol in the transfer portal era play the dudes you have whenever and just see what happens

I agree poff is the back up and you have to keep him loose but he really didn’t inspire much whenever he was in and I’d entertain getting Emory looks
I agree that Poff isn’t all that. But they are going to let Poff either sink or swim. He’ll be the portal guy this offseason imo.
I get the thinking burn Emory’s shirt with no guarantee. But I think the coaches are playing the long game with Emory in case the portal don’t give us another Cam next offseason.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back