AH4 update

Status
Not open for further replies.
View as article
You know what’s worse than a thread going innocuously somewhat off topic when there’s literally no news during a dead period.

Moderating lessons from a relatively new porster with RealDBC in his name. Isn’t by definition that off topic as well?

Advertisement
401FE1C2-7E09-4B8A-9F5E-919F66DF6DF4.webp

You know who drizzy riding with

I’d like to think the mods vetted dsj and didn’t ban him b/c they confirmed he’s the real deal.

Advertisement
Some more quotes from Canesport gathered from Surtain Sr.

Says a bunch of speculation regarding the 4 of them that has gone crazy but no one knows.

When asked that Miami is the only common school: “Well the only school that’s in common is Miami and there’s always a possibly until you sign on the paper. Those guys are close, have talked about it probably 100 times. We’ll find out at 10 o’clock on Wednesday morning as everyone else in the country will. It’s a big-time event here.”

Lmao at all the dumb asses in here hanging on Sileo’s every word.

Dummies

I’ll say this... IF the person who ran that DSJ account was trolling, I couldn’t detect any residue of trolling.

He could’ve EASILY trolled and said we’re getting all 4, yet he just continued to be adamant about only two of them coming (PS2 and Silvera).

Usually, trolls aren’t modest with their trolling. They’ll go all out to see just how gullable people are. So just by DSJ only being sure about 2 of them, it goes against that.

This is like using the bible to try to prove creationism.

Advertisement
Just to let you guys know, we have 21 current guys (signed or transferring in) that will count as initial counters. The limit appears to be 28 for this class. Is it possible we have room for 29-30? Yes, but unlikely.
This means anyone making predictions should cap the number at 7. And we already have 3 commits - Nesta Silvera, Jordan Miller, Nigel Bethel.
That reduces the number of New Commits to 4.

- Nesta is a Cane Lock. Best and most important player in our recruiting class IMO.

- PS2, TC, and Coburn. All 3 of these guys have spots regardless. Add these 3 with Nesta and we have an absolutely elite Class (possibly best in CFB), and we are the big winners of NSD. Coburn is the least likely of the 3. And the chances of landing BOTH AH CBs aren't great. Will be tough to pull even one of these 3. But if/when we do we should be throwing a party. These 3 change everything for the remaining targets. We land these 3, and we only have 1 spot left due to guys already being committed.

- Jordan Miller is a commit and his spot should be guaranteed at this point too. If we don't land Coburn we absolutely NEED him. And even if we do get Coburn we are weak at 1tech DT depth. We get him and Nesta will for sure be a 3tech DT for us, which is exactly what we want. Just with Nesta and Miller this is a good DT haul. After watching his tape, Imo he's a better DT prospect than both Chatman and Briggs (and Carson).

- Chatman looks like the staff is planning on using him as a SDE. Personally I think the kid isn't as good as most others do and I think his future position is DT - He's basically the same as Pat Bethel. The thing about both of those guys is they are "tweeners". They don't have the length/athleticism to be SDE's who contribute in the pass game, but they also don't have the mass to contribute at DT in the run game. But SDE is a major position of need, so he's probably more important of a take than Bethel or Ezzard still. I think he's got a spot regardless what happens with PS2/TC/Coburn.

- Since Nigel Bethel is another commit I doubt he'd flip somewhere else, though there always is the chance that if PS2 and TC commit on NSD, he will flip somewhere else - And I really wouldn't mind that in the slightest. I mean if we get those 2 studs, It probably would be in his best interest to go somewhere else. IMO his main contribution would be on special teams until he was an upperclassman and ready to contribute as a DB. Chances are really good that he sticks. If we got everyone listed above and Bethel, than that would fill ALL our remaining spots.

- Ezzard imo is definitely a take and he looks like he's been a silent commit for like the last month. However, I really don't think we NEED 4 WRs in this class - he's expendable. All 7 guys above him are a higher priority, and we only have 7 spots available. So basically only way imo we get him is if we miss out on one of those 7 listed above, or somehow we pull an extra scholarship out of our ***.

- Chatfield looks like he's going to UF. But really if he didn't have insane production as a HS prospect and wasn't a teammate of the AH3, I don't think we'd offer him. Kid isn't that athletic and doesn't have great length or size. At best we'd hope he'd be like toolbox, but he's nothing special. He just produced really well in HS - and I dobut that production would remain in the ACC (or SEC). Though with Kool teaching him, I'm sure he'd do well. But the other problem is he should be a 34 OLB imo. Only way we have enough Scholarship spots for him is if we don't land 2 of PS2/TC/Coburn.

I would rather see Bethel move back to DE than have Chatman play there. Maybe I'm wrong but Chatman does not have the look of a DE. Is he athletic enough? I say beef him up and throw him out there at DT against LSU for a few plays.

I would rather see Bethel move back to DE than have Chatman play there. Maybe I'm wrong but Chatman does not have the look of a DE. Is he athletic enough? I say beef him up and throw him out there at DT against LSU for a few plays.

Yeah, Chatman is a lot thicker than Bethel was as a HS Senior. Out of necessity, one or both will likely play DE next year because of our lack of depth there. Everybody has been complaining about DT, but we're actually much thinner at DE.

Long-term in all likelihood Chatman is a DT.

- Chatfield looks like he's going to UF. But really if he didn't have insane production as a HS prospect and wasn't a teammate of the AH3, I don't think we'd offer him. Kid isn't that athletic and doesn't have great length or size. At best we'd hope he'd be like toolbox, but he's nothing special. He just produced really well in HS - and I dobut that production would remain in the ACC (or SEC). Though with Kool teaching him, I'm sure he'd do well. But the other problem is he should be a 34 OLB imo. Only way we have enough Scholarship spots for him is if we don't land 2 of PS2/TC/Coburn.

Agreed. Between talent and position, there's a clear top tier (Surtain/Campbell/Silvera/Coburn in some order) and then a group that would be nice but not program-changing. Even in that second tier, I'd still rather have Chatman and Ezzard than Chatfield.

Advertisement

Chatman is plenty athletic to play the strong side DE. Watch his film again

Well more rumors going around that Bamas Bag game is going real strong right now.

What an insightful post.

Also heard family (not Tyson) is very pro Bama right now.

Heard from?

A buddy that knows one of the family members (important family member). Who previously was very pro Georgia. Tyson’s decision like Rattler stated, but family like Saban

I heard if you wait until Wednesday @ 10am you will find out 100%

Chatman is plenty athletic to play the strong side DE. Watch his film again
These people just say anything man smh...

Advertisement
Lmao at all the dumb asses in here hanging on Sileo’s every word.

Dummies

I’ll say this... IF the person who ran that DSJ account was trolling, I couldn’t detect any residue of trolling.

He could’ve EASILY trolled and said we’re getting all 4, yet he just continued to be adamant about only two of them coming (PS2 and Silvera).

Usually, trolls aren’t modest with their trolling. They’ll go all out to see just how gullable people are. So just by DSJ only being sure about 2 of them, it goes against that.

You're used to the awful trolling on here. They burn too hot.

.....maybe jalen Patterson playing the fool, However, the sentences were too well written to be him probably.

It’s clear that campbell or Silvera for that matter aren’t factoring in rumph being at Miami in their decision, yeah they all are close with him but each of them have downplayed that being the deciding factor. Surtain did however spoke highly of him in some interview I saw Today from die hard. We will see how it plays out Wednesday man

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back