AH4 update

Status
Not open for further replies.
View as article
I will say, seeing as how a couple guys have asked Dee a few times about how this weekend has gone and Dee hasn't answered ****, I would go out on a limb and say thats good for us. And Rattler is still MIA.

Because he **** near said too much on Saturday morn! It had to be erased...I worry about him, he may fold under questioning (Pesci voice)

Advertisement
I will say, seeing as how a couple guys have asked Dee a few times about how this weekend has gone and Dee hasn't answered ****, I would go out on a limb and say thats good for us. And Rattler is still MIA.

Exactly what I was thinking. Dee is never shy about sharing info, and he’s been quiet as a church mouse and vague.

Brother you know id love to tell yall whatever went down the whole weekend. But we all know that aint possible. I will say except the hickup with pink & someone else on friday this weekend went AMAZING for us. Please respect we cant talk about any more than that on here. For once we all gonna have to just respect that. By the way what i said about chatfield came straight from someone who would know the exact story. Also said jits a lil short of a full deck. So rational might not be the way go approach this. PLEASE NO MORE PMS.

I didn’t PM you, big fella. I respect that you’re tight-lipped on this. I’ve been of the theory that we are keeping everything quiet on purpose. Your silence just reinforced what I was already thinking.

As for Chatfield being short of a full deck, when he said “those boys are Ok” talking about UM’s coaches I thought that was a peculiar thing for a HS kid to say about college football coaches.

Like I said before with regards to Chatfield...Ask him how he liked LSU and OSU "early" offers. Then ask him how he liked it when he tried to commit there and they didn't let him. What was that early offer worth then?

Something is weird with Chatfield. Ivins thinks we may not have even done an in home with him.

Advertisement
Something is weird with Chatfield. Ivins thinks we may not have even done an in home with him.

Well I hope it's not weird enough that it costs us another kid...We all know sensitive the whole **** high school has been about us not offering every single kid with a pulse there.

Feeling very positive for Wednesday! I’m happy everyone involved has kept it quiet. Seems to have been the plan all along. Go Canes!

Advertisement

Exactly what I was thinking. Dee is never shy about sharing info, and he’s been quiet as a church mouse and vague.

Rattler’s silence has gotten my attention. He has said he’ll let us know if we were out of it. No news from him is good news.

You guys way overestimate what this guy may or may not know. He is obviously not really close to the kid and not very likely that they would tell him anything. Hopefully, TC decides to join the program but don’t expect anything from “Rattler”.

Is this an attempt at baiting Rattler to reply and post some information that is not meant to be shared?

I am not wasting my time with that. Chances are the guy dosent know a thing. What has he ever posted to make you think the Campbell family will tell him anything about TC’s decision?

I believe AH4 will shock the world along w Coburn. Been following recruiting for a long time. In years past, every time we thought we had a lock in the 11th hour of recruiting, we fell flat on our face. This has been the first time when everything is not in our favor.

We thought we had Scarlett, Henderson, McFarland, Thomas, Valentine, Bryant, Cook, Smith....I mean I could go on and on....yet, this time we’re supposed to strike out on TC, Chatfield, Surtain, and Coburn. I don’t know pimps and pimpettes, I think Weds we go in to work pants-less. I feel Richt is setting this up for Miami to be the talk of the town on Weds. It seems EVERY single time it appears TC is showing love to us in one way or another, UGA talk gets flooded. Just a gut feeling, could be all beer I drank and my gut could be wrong, but just a feeling.

With Chatfield can’t it just come down to fit? He’s definitely a fit in their scheme and a role player here. Just saying, might be over-thinking it a bit.

He’s no LB running a 5 flat 40. He’s a DE in the mold of Toolbox. Toolbox wasn’t a OLB either.

A 3-4 OLB and DE and both Edge rushers...they essentially have the same role, except occasionally a 3-4 OLB will drop into coverage. That's why 3-4 NFL teams are looking at Trent Harris as an edge rusher.

no

Don't "no" him, he's right.

Yall are putting way too much stock into this forty time. He's not a 4.9 kid on the field. I know a kid who's ESPN recruiting profile says 4.7 and he ran an electronic 4.47 his freshman year of college.

Yall are trying to use this forty time to validate a reason for him coming here and playing DE in the 4-3. Guys who know a lot more about his ability than we do think he's a 3-4 OLB. His own high school coach thinks he should be a 3-4 OLB and he's been coaching him for years.

In no world is a 6'2" 245lb 4-3 DE considered ideal. Now a 6'2" 245lb OLB...completely different story.
Even if he struggled in space, their DC would make sure they only put him in those situations a limited number of times. (how often you see Von Miller or Suggs in space?) More often than not, you're gonna have your best pass rushing OLB coming off the edge not playing in the flats.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Rattler’s silence has gotten my attention. He has said he’ll let us know if we were out of it. No news from him is good news.

You guys way overestimate what this guy may or may not know. He is obviously not really close to the kid and not very likely that they would tell him anything. Hopefully, TC decides to join the program but don’t expect anything from “Rattler”.

This is provocative and shameful.

Advertisement

Because he **** near said too much on Saturday morn! It had to be erased...I worry about him, he may fold under questioning (Pesci voice)

Could you summarize what rattler said Saturday morning?

NO

NO

**** yall lol, it was that good huh? I've read almost every post on this weekend and I missed that one

Here's the deal with the Chatfields, Briggs and others like them -- the cardinal sin of their recruitment: They just don't want to come to Miami.

Not Richt's Miami, not Golden's Miami, not Jimmy's Miami. We could have Alabama'd the game for the the last 10 years and they wouldn't want to come. I don't know why that is, but you see it every single year. Some kid that everyone pencils into our class because of the almighty "crooting algorithm", which doesn't take into account these guys are human beings and not Playerbot X.

I'm not bashing any of these kids for it either. I'm sure every school has them, we just notice it much more because of the concentration of highly skilled players in this area and how narrowly we've scraped by on talent for the last decade plus. Also because we feel, rightly or wrongly, these kids should have a debt of loyalty to the local program. A debt we would gladly excuse when it comes to the Coburns, DJ Johnsons and Ezzards.

I haven't thought Chatfield or Briggs were coming for awhile because they never showed me they wanted to be at Miami. Everything else is immaterial.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back