ACCCG - POTENTIAL site move

Advertisement
I'm curious how the issue of the transgendered using 'the wrong restroom' became such a hot button issue. Was there a specific incident in North Carolina? A sizable migration of the transgendered population to Tobacco Road? Or was an evangelical windbag just sitting around thinking up laws for imaginary problems?

The only logical place is ORLANDO aka Mickey Town USA.

Tampa nor Jacksonville can touch Orlando when it comes to hospitality and putting on events.

Here is the one issue, that same week is the FHSAA State Finals for 4a to 1a, so the games would have to be moved to Friday and Thursday.

Link
https://www.fhsaa.org/sports/football

Bringing the game to central Florida allows for the most exposure to florida recruits and their families.

Go Canes

[video=youtube_share;tDwI0IGziqw]http://youtu.be/tDwI0IGziqw[/video]

I like Orlando with the new Camping World Stadium. Move the FHSAA back to Gainesville or somewhere else. Money talks and BS walks!

The FHSAA can be moved down the street to the Orlando City Soccer Stadium, and since it would only need to be the smaller classification there shouldn't be a problem.

Go Canes
Yea, not going to happen......

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Advertisement
I'm curious how the issue of the transgendered using 'the wrong restroom' became such a hot button issue. Was there a specific incident in North Carolina? A sizable migration of the transgendered population to Tobacco Road? Or was an evangelical windbag just sitting around thinking up laws for imaginary problems?

Mostly it's the latter.

Went down something like this: Several months back, the city of Charlotte passed an ordinance that codified that trans people could use the bathroom of their choice in any business or public building in city limits. Not a big deal, since A) they'd been doing this already, but without legal protection, and B) there was a lot of precedent for this, since more than 200 cities and 12 states already have similar laws on the books permitting them to do this legally.

The overwhelmingly conservative legislature of NC called an emergency session (they were out of session at the time) to overturn the Charlotte ordinance. Within 24 hours, they passed a bill that not only overturned that ordinance, but it also disallowed LGBT people from being included in non-discrimination policies in the state. And it disallowed any city in the state from making their own anti-discrim policies (many cities control their own policies in this regard, over and above what the state provides for). And, on a totally unrelated note, it disallowed any city from making its own policies regarding minimum wage.

Since then, several businesses that had planned to move HQs to the state have backed out, costing the state tens of millions of dollars and thousands of new jobs. And lately, the NBA pulled the All-Star game out of Charlotte, which will cost that city alone an estimated 100 mil.

Last edited:

Mostly it's the latter.

Went down something like this: Several months back, the city of Charlotte passed an ordinance that codified that trans people could use the bathroom of their choice in any business or public building in city limits. Not a big deal, since A) they'd been doing this already, but without legal protection, and B) there was a lot of precedent for this, since more than 200 cities and 12 states already have similar laws on the books permitting them to do this legally.

The overwhelmingly conservative legislature of NC called an emergency session (they were out of session at the time) to overturn the Charlotte ordinance. Withing 24 hours, they passed a bill that not only overturned that ordinance, but it also disallowed *** and trans people from being included in non-discrimination policies in the state. And it disallowed any city in the state from making their own anti-discrim policies (many cities control their own policies in this regard, over and above what the state provides for). And, on a totally unrelated note, it disallowed any city from making its own policies regarding minimum wage.

Thank you for the recap.

Interesting how NC does not want the federal government dictating policy to them, but are more than willing to dictate policy to cities within their borders. Is Charlotte an educated island in NC, like Austin is in Texas?

I say round up all the **** together and the spanish and the muslims and through them out. I want america back the way it was when I was growing up. America and Republican. Long live the Donald, kick them all out.

Maybe start making a third bathroom? U know a lot of these problems have simple solutions

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

Sounds good, except for the fact that that would be a major imposition on existing businesses that already have only 2 bathrooms. Would take a lot of money for many establishments to carve out new restrooms.

Easier solution is just to allow trans folks to go where they want to go. They're not harming anyone, and the fears hat this will be some sort of slippery slope that will lead to pervs randomly going into the women's room to rape women is simply unfounded.
They're businesses. Its way simpler even of more costly to build another bathroom. Personally I feel u shud use the bathroom of the *** you were born with, but u can't make laws for such.

Advertisement

Mostly it's the latter.

The overwhelmingly conservative legislature of NC called an emergency session (they were out of session at the time) to overturn the Charlotte ordinance. Withing 24 hours, they passed a bill that not only overturned that ordinance, but it also disallowed *** and trans people from being included in non-discrimination policies in the state. And it disallowed any city in the state from making their own anti-discrim policies (many cities control their own policies in this regard, over and above what the state provides for). And, on a totally unrelated note, it disallowed any city from making its own policies regarding minimum wage.

Thank you for the recap.

Interesting how NC does not want the federal government dictating policy to them, but are more than willing to dictate policy to cities within their borders. Is Charlotte an educated island in NC, like Austin is in Texas?

It's one of the educated islands. Charlotte, Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill, and Asheville all have high percentages of educated folks, and the cities all lean left. Outside of those (and maybe Greensboro to a lesser degree), the rest of the state is very rural and very conservative. The population of the state is split pretty evenly between urban/rural. But because of gerrymandering efforts around the 2010 midterm elections, the rural counties gained a bit more power in the legislature than the urban areas.

Mostly it's the latter.

Thank you for the recap.

It's one of the educated islands. Charlotte, Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill, and Asheville all have high percentages of educated folks, and the cities all lean left. Outside of those (and maybe Greensboro to a lesser degree), the rest of the state is very rural and very conservative. The population of the state is split pretty evenly between urban/rural. But because of gerrymandering efforts around the 2010 midterm elections, the rural counties gained a bit more power in the legislature than the urban areas.

Thank you again.

Maybe start making a third bathroom? U know a lot of these problems have simple solutions

Sounds good, except for the fact that that would be a major imposition on existing businesses that already have only 2 bathrooms. Would take a lot of money for many establishments to carve out new restrooms.

Easier solution is just to allow trans folks to go where they want to go. They're not harming anyone, and the fears hat this will be some sort of slippery slope that will lead to pervs randomly going into the women's room to rape women is simply unfounded.
They're businesses. Its way simpler even of more costly to build another bathroom. Personally I feel u shud use the bathroom of the *** you were born with, but u can't make laws for such.

Huh?

I'm saying that it costs nothing for businesses to allow trans people to use whatever bathroom they want to. And it doesn't harm or endanger anyone.

I'm also saying that it would cost businesses a lot of money to make new bathrooms. Think about a mom-and-pop restaurant that has limited space already. To build a new bathroom, they'd either have to A) remove seating (which would cost them money in the long run by cutting back on the number of customers they can serve), or B) cut back on kitchen space (which costs them money by reducing the space they have to make the meals for customers). Either way, not only do they have to foot the bill to construct a new bathroom, but they also will suffer lost revenue in the long-term.

Last edited:
I say round up all the **** together and the spanish and the muslims and through them out. I want america back the way it was when I was growing up. America and Republican. Long live the Donald, kick them all out.

There you have it. Merica!

Advertisement

Mostly it's the latter.

Thank you for the recap.

It would be nice if you educated yourself about the 10th Amendment to the US Constitution:

"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."

Mostly it's the latter.

Thank you for the recap.

It would be nice if you educated yourself about the 10th Amendment to the US Constitution:

"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."

I think that kinda misses the point. No one's saying that it's unconstitutional...but rather that it's a bit hypocritical.

Rs are notorious for wanting to decentralize govt. That means not just wresting power away from the federal government and putting it in the hands of states, but also allowing city governments to have a sizable voice and control of their own. At least until the city governments begin to make liberal social policies that conservative Republican legislators don't like, that is.

Last edited:

Mostly it's the latter.

Thank you for the recap.

I think that kinda misses the point. No one's saying that it's unconstitutional...but rather that it's a bit hypocritical.

Rs are notorious for wanting to decentralize govt. That means not just wresting power away from the federal government and putting it in the hands of states, but also allowing city governments to have a sizable voice and control of their own. At least until the city governments begin to make liberal social policies that conservative Republican legislators don't like, that is.

The constitution defines our federal system; it has nothing to do with municipalities.

Funny how you want to define what Republicans ("Rs") are "notorious for." If anything has been learned this election cycle, it's that the "Classic Republican" i.e. a free trade, no support for manufacturing, and Neo-Con interventionist is not the freely nominated party standard bearer. The "Rs" openly nominated someone diametrically opposed to these philosophies, while the Democrat elites (See Wasserman-Schultz, Debbie, See Super Delegates) have nominated a candidate bankrolled by Goldman Sachs, Saudia Arabia, and is an avowed interventionist (See Iraq, See Libya).

Don't like a state law? Then work to change it. Complaining about gerrymandering is a cop-out; both parties do it. Seems these "educated enclaves" can't learn how to gain a legislative majority or the governership.

I'm all for anything All Carolina Conference being out of NC, but trying to make a political statement out of it is foolish, especially if taken to the illogical liberal activist end: No student should attend any North Carolina state-supported institution to deny any possibility of tuition payments, fees, etc. making it into the state's coffers.

I may love Tobacco Road being starved, but John Swofford may rue the day he put the metephorical gun to his head and to that of his his beloved Heels (okay, wouldn't mind that happening either).

Last edited:
Advertisement
I have three little girls and I don't want some confused dude in a restroom with them. Where the **** are my daughter's rights??? Flipping political correctness will kill this once great country. While we are worried about hurting someones poor little feelings, other countries are planning the long term destruction of the USA. We are helping them.

By the way, a title game in Miami would make sense, since we'll have one darn fine stadium. Might give us a little something to play for.

It needs to be within driving distance. You have to remember the fan base of the schools that are in the ACC. They are not coming to Miami or Tampa. Atlanta works well for the SEC bc it's within driving distance to most of the schools, especially the major players. So it's easy for those fans to make the trip over in a weekend and pack the place. Also you factor it has a roof so in December you dont have to be freezing your butt off to watch the game. There is a convenience and comfort factor at play. The best place probably would be ATL for the ACC. Next maybe Orlando since you also have Disney there so you could make it a family trip.

Last edited:
It needs to be within driving distance. You have to remember the fan base of the schools that are in the ACC. They are not coming to Miami or Tampa. Atlanta works well for the SEC bc it's within driving distance to most of the schools, especially the major players. So it's easy for those fans to make the trip over in a weekend and pack the place. The best place probably would be ATL for the ACC. Next maybe Orlando since you also have Disney there so you could make it a family trip.

Driving distance is nice, but a title game in Miami won't stop Clemson fans from coming down. If we were talking about a series of games, yeah, but one game isn't a big deal. Especially seeing as how flying into Miami isn't exactly bank breaking.

It needs to be within driving distance. You have to remember the fan base of the schools that are in the ACC. They are not coming to Miami or Tampa. Atlanta works well for the SEC bc it's within driving distance to most of the schools, especially the major players. So it's easy for those fans to make the trip over in a weekend and pack the place. The best place probably would be ATL for the ACC. Next maybe Orlando since you also have Disney there so you could make it a family trip.

Driving distance is nice, but a title game in Miami won't stop Clemson fans from coming down. If we were talking about a series of games, yeah, but one game isn't a big deal. Especially seeing as how flying into Miami isn't exactly bank breaking.

I disagree. For a family of four from podunkville, SC it would break the bank to try to fly to Miami. Again you have to recognize the fan base. Most of the fans packing the SEC title game are your middle class fans that can afford the cost bc they can drive over the day before or even same day and it not cost them an arm and a leg. Now you throw in travel to a bowl game or a playoff site after the fact it gets steep.

Advertisement
Back