8 million NIL deal shiiiiiiiiiit

Even the NFL figured out that upproven rookies need a cap. This now makes the bag game look like a joke and this is the final nail in the death of college football. The rich are only going to get richer and the boosters will be calling the shots even more publicly.

Advertisement
Not really worried about what someone else is making...never have

IF they think that's what the kid deserves for doing something...then great for the kid or anyone else getting BIG $$$

Any market has a way of correcting itself. The small % of HS players having successful college careers means that there is a lot of risk in doing this.

While, the risk of a "can't miss" prospect being a bust in college is lower, it does happen.

For example, can you imagine if someone had paid for our recent can't miss recruits over the years and paid Willie Williams, Kyle Wright, Robert Marve, Deleon Farr, Aldarius Johnson, Arthur Brown ....ALL top rated high school players millions of $$$....ALL total BUSTS in college here.

After paying one failure ...I think you'd be extremely reluctant to keep doing so. But there are suckers born every minute
The longhorns do it every year. Nothing out of the ordinary.

I'm sure u know about those recruitments also. So I'll simply say although they each got some bread,it's not the bread that made them leave. I agree we have built in advantages but as I said previously that only works for the kids that just want a lil incentive to go along with paradise. Dudes chasing bread are different in themselves.
Yes sir. You aint stopping the ones chasing big bread regardless. We just saw that.

Im in the mind though...if we are WINNING...we are a legitimate problem. Its us and USC. Big problems to the rest of the country. I firmly expect USC to take over the west quickly because its terrible ball out there and the minute they showed an emphasis...you are already seeing Riley make some kids stay. The same will happen here...And we will go nationally for kids who just want to live in Miami....i mean **** back int he coker days we had randoms like Lesean Mccoy commit to us unexpectably.
As far as PJP it was undoubtably the bread, Dwayne Bowe same thing, Amari id say not as much. The other 2 were when we were actually winning and hat they got was noticable..dad moving for a job in Baton rouge, name change etc., brother receive schollie. James Coley delivering D BOWE etc.

Yes sir. You aint stopping the ones chasing big bread regardless. We just saw that.

Im in the mind though...if we are WINNING...we are a legitimate problem. Its us and USC. Big problems to the rest of the country. I firmly expect USC to take over the west quickly because its terrible ball out there and the minute they showed an emphasis...you are already seeing Riley make some kids stay. The same will happen here...And we will go nationally for kids who just want to live in Miami....i mean **** back int he coker days we had randoms like Lesean Mccoy commit to us unexpectably.
As far as PJP it was undoubtably the bread, Dwayne Bowe same thing, Amari id say not as much. The other 2 were when we were actually winning and hat they got was noticable..dad moving for a job in Baton rouge, name change etc., brother receive schollie. James Coley delivering D BOWE etc.
Far as pat goes, who was without question the catch out of all them I'm close with pat. He turned down good money from alot of places. His old boy simply got tired of the games onion was playing and wanted to see him make an emphasis. The man was one of the best cb prospects I've EVER seen and he only took 75k... That was all on onion. Amari was more related to neglect and from my understanding Dwayne just didn't feel like we really cared if he came or not. Felt neglected by the coaches. If u know more about that recruitment I'll conceed it to you. I'm good with Dwayne and know he wanted to come here but him and I ain't close. So maybe we just didnt drop the facades.

What legal standing would states or CFB/NCAA have to create tighter NIL rules and cap NIL deals? Seems like this would need some type of agreement with player representation.

Advertisement
I don’t understand how a HS senior can get $4m but someone like TVD gets $50-75k from Ruiz our biggest donor and he stays. Why wouldn’t TVD go to Tennessee for $4m if that was the case. I just don’t think these kids are getting this much.

TVD reportedly has close to $1M in total NIL. There is a lot going on we don't know.

"There are at least 45 Hurricanes football players on the LifeWallet roster — from Van Dyke, who is making close to $1 million with more than 10 NIL deals — to long snapper Clay James."

TVD reportedly has close to $1M in total NIL. There is a lot going on we don't know.

"There are at least 45 Hurricanes football players on the LifeWallet roster — from Van Dyke, who is making close to $1 million with more than 10 NIL deals — to long snapper Clay James."

Thanks for posting this.

I would be okay with this if the kids are obligated to stay all four years and graduate.. Also stipulations for not transferring or sitting out bowl games would be nice too. If you are going to take money you should be loyal to your school. If not you have to pay back all the money.
Might save College football in the long run if they can do things like that.
They can’t. NIL deals cannot be tied to a specific school, nor includes game performance incentives. Or so I’ve read on these boards as posted by those with knowledge of NIL laws.

They can’t. NIL deals cannot be tied to a specific school, nor includes game performance incentives. Or so I’ve read on these boards as posted by those with knowledge of NIL laws.
Cannot be tied to specific schools seems confusing since Ruiz's seems tied to Miami.

Game performance I understand but does that relate to student performance and graduation?

There's always a loophole or a chance for the laws to be amended somehow.

Advertisement
It is the essence of capitalism. The market needs to set itself and that takes time.
This is exactly correct. Once you have a few diamonds in the rough and a few serious busts, you'll start to see things find their level.

Let's just hope it isn't like the turn of the century when we had another brand new market and places were spending ridiculous money for domain names and everything web related. That turned into a bubble.

Advertisement
Cannot be tied to specific schools seems confusing since Ruiz's seems tied to Miami.

Game performance I understand but does that relate to student performance and graduation?

There's always a loophole or a chance for the laws to be amended somehow.
Oh, I agree.

Deals seem to have an implied association to school, but the contract language can't specify Miami or wherever. At least that's what I read here from posters familiar with NIL regs.

Does seem vague.

I wonder if the $1.4M deal with the Ohio State QB who transferred to Texas is still valid?

Advertisement
Oh, I agree.

Deals seem to have an implied association to school, but the contract language can't specify Miami or wherever. At least that's what I read here from posters familiar with NIL regs.

Does seem vague.

I wonder if the $1.4M deal with the Ohio State QB who transferred to Texas is still valid?
I thought that was a state NIL issue if they can specify a school or not?

Oh, I agree.

Does seem vague.

From my understanding it's pick and choose the terms on the contracts I've heard as short as by semester while majority seem to be yearly(renewal or termination rate). Maybe Pete or @apfenny3 could straighten that out.

Advertisement
Back