4-star ATH commit Washington "locked in" with UM, speaks on Legends Camp

View as article
Advertisement

Attachments

• F98795C1-692D-4049-A1C3-7417C4B0A7FC.jpeg
    F98795C1-692D-4049-A1C3-7417C4B0A7FC.jpeg
    50.9 KB · Views: 146
Advertisement
They've never been considered a cane lock by anyone in the know though. Robby is someone widely known as one of two kids that may end up elsewhere. Before anyone asks not gonna say who the other kid is so don't ask please and thanks.

Dammit I hope it’s not Francis!!

6FA6D9F4-75A2-4FA8-9F9E-41ABF7B33F36.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Probably doesn’t, but Emory posted something similar too. Could be orchestrated or absolutely nothing.

I know I may be on the out side but I think this kid is going to be legit as fck. He just oozes confidence that really can't be explained. And if you have cept up on his highlights this kid really tosses the ball around and makes just about every throw. There's not much to not like. I honestly feel like this whole class is that way as we stand. Just really good athletes that if they work hard should have no issue panning out. Its up to them at this pointe.

Nobody can predict teenagers. Most of their minds change by the minute as they're just figuring out life.

Mario has a lot of experience with it, but what is Ruiz'z experience besides just being a father?

I just thought your statement was odd.
Let me explain.

As a business man, he should understand what game he is in.

There are more teams trying to sign elite prospects than there are enough elite prospects to make elite teams. The recruiting process is years long with the value of prospects rising and falling based on performance and potential as they get closer to the signing day for their class.

Until they sign a letter of intent, nothing is binding. In the NIL era that means elite prospects will be receiving offers all the way up to signing day and the closer they get to signing day, the higher their value is likely to be.

Coaches like to get commitments early for various reasons. What has changed is that before nil, everything a prospect evaluated to pick a school remained pretty much static except for coaching changes or an illegal bag offer. But now businesses can offer game changing, lucrative contracts at the last minute that can completely change a prospects mind.

As schools get closer to signing day, they become more desperate to ensure the signings and increase their offers.

Only a fool would believe that what the offers were in April or May are going to be the same in December(ESD), February (NSD), or even later in some cases. What seemed like a good deal come spring could be a very bad deal by fall/winter and there is nothing binding that player to take what has become a bad deal.

Ruiz does not strike me as a fool so he has to understand this. The fans don’t like it because it makes the recruiting game more volatile than ever.

If you think things are crazy now, wait until December. Teams are strategically making offers to get commitments without bidding against themselves and driving prices out of control. They want the momentum that big time commits give to a recruiting class. But when it gets real and signing becomes imminent, there is going to be a lot more activity and the true bidding wars will begin.

Advertisement
He was super lame but Banda could recruit. He pulled some legit safeties, especially compared to the results we’ve seen so far in secondary recruiting.
Again, while banda was personable people gave him credit for things he wasn't necessarily responsible for. He would be listed as a primary recruiter for dudes he was barely involved with.

Advertisement
Back