247 composite Class ranking

How many more commits could we fit into this class? I want to have an idea of what we'll end up with in terms of class size.

Advertisement
Regular top 10 classes with a competent coaching staff gives Miami a shot at NCs in those years when we happen to have a big time QB. Keep reeling in top talent every year and hope to grab a star QB like Clemson just did.

Sit is coming.....

I been saying this for a minute.. Don't care about being the #1 class I just want 90.00+ Composite Rating Class Average. Lucky for us Richt is usually around top 5-7 in recruiting historically at UGA. 90.00+ is elite recruiting and no one in the coastal would be able to handle us except VT because they somehow do and they are elite at developing good CFB players.

VT is definitely well coached and plays us tough every year, even sometimes coming out with the W. However, I would not go as far to say that they "handle" us, especially not moving forward.

Advertisement
We have an elite class right now. At this point in time, even if we don't add someone it's a top 8 class. I would be stunned baring an on the field meltdown that this isn't a top 5 even a top 3 class.

Osu just jumped miami to #1 in the composite after the commit of matt jones a top 50 offensive lineman. They will finish #1 this year . However i think Miami will definitely finish top 3 in the country. Still will be an elite class for Miami regardless the ranking

People need to settle down with this stuff.

Miami is one of the TOP Power-5 schools in the country for graduation rates. You know what happens when guys graduate? You don't have as much attrition. And when you don't have as much attrition, you can sign classes with over 25 kids every year.

And, yes, I know, I know, we have had SOME attrition, but it's not as much of the flunked out/committed too many crimes guys that usually flame out and never graduate from any institution, even a JuCo.

If we are able to sign 25 players that would move 247 composite rating to over 300 which only 3 teams bettered last year. Two newcomers to top rankings this year will be Texas and PSU along with of course OSU and Bama. However believe Bammer takes a couple losses this year which hurts their closing out with a big late haul like they usually do. With that being said believe Canes will finish number 3 in rankings, but a class good as any.

If we are able to sign 25 players that would move 247 composite rating to over 300 which only 3 teams bettered last year. Two newcomers to top rankings this year will be Texas and PSU along with of course OSU and Bama. However believe Bammer takes a couple losses this year which hurts their closing out with a big late haul like they usually do. With that being said believe Canes will finish number 3 in rankings, but a class good as any.

yes top 3 littered with south florida finest is 1 in my book

Advertisement
I don't see a top 3 class happening this time around. To get a top 3 class every major piece would have to fall our way. Terrace Marshall, Tyson Campbell, some of the big name DT's like Michael Thompson, Tyler Friday, Trevor Trout, and get Micah Parsons. Top 10 for sure with a GREAT DB class maybe the BEST, a GREAT RB class, a GREAT TE class, a GREAT WR class , a GOOD OT class, a GOOD DT class, and One of the TOP Kickers. I don't know what we end up with LB and DE.

But I'm fine with not having a top 3 class if we get the pieces that we need. Top 10 for sure

I been saying this for a minute.. Don't care about being the #1 class I just want 90.00+ Composite Rating Class Average. Lucky for us Richt is usually around top 5-7 in recruiting historically at UGA. 90.00+ is elite recruiting and no one in the coastal would be able to handle us except VT because they somehow do and they are elite at developing good CFB players.

VT is definitely well coached and plays us tough every year, even sometimes coming out with the W. However, I would not go as far to say that they "handle" us, especially not moving forward.

Al Golden beat them more times than not so I'd lax off the "handle" term

I don't see a top 3 class happening this time around. To get a top 3 class every major piece would have to fall our way. Terrace Marshall, Tyson Campbell, some of the big name DT's like Michael Thompson, Tyler Friday, Trevor Trout, and get Micah Parsons. Top 10 for sure with a GREAT DB class maybe the BEST, a GREAT RB class, a GREAT TE class, a GREAT WR class , a GOOD OT class, a GOOD DT class, and One of the TOP Kickers. I don't know what we end up with LB and DE.

But I'm fine with not having a top 3 class if we get the pieces that we need. Top 10 for sure

I expect a bump for a bunch of our recruits through out the process. Scaife is gonna climb a bunch and a couple of our guys will be in contention for 5 star status with Pope being almost a lock. Tyson should end up a 5 star also, and we have a very good chance there. Lastly, our DL play this year coupled with an attractive depth chart at DT will help us land some DT studs. This ain't randy or the golden regime anymore.

Advertisement

I expect a bump for a bunch of our recruits through out the process. Scaife is gonna climb a bunch and a couple of our guys will be in contention for 5 star status with Pope being almost a lock. Tyson should end up a 5 star also, and we have a very good chance there. Lastly, our DL play this year coupled with an attractive depth chart at DT will help us land some DT studs. This ain't randy or the golden regime anymore.

HAHAH yes Randy and Golden times are gone, and thank you Lord for that.
I do agree with you on the bump some of the guys will get. Pope and Campbell should be 5 star guys for sure and Scaife should be way up there as a 4 star guy. I hope those DT's come knocking.

remember when Shannon had that number 1 recruiting class back in '08? I do. lol

remember when Shannon had that number 1 recruiting class back in '08? I do. lol

Randy's 08 class was too heavy but weak at the bottom. Now I realize we had some high end busts there but strictly talking about on paper this class is much stronger. You know it's a good class when the only guy you can question on the commit list is a top 100 overall QB commit.

Advertisement
I believe another big-time DT , Ol and JUCO 4* would put Miami in great position to solidify a top 3 class. Every other position is a dime a dozen.

Hate to admit it but.. yes they have handled us.. since joining the ACC.. VT is 8-5 against us and been to the ACC championship game about 6-7 times and won 4 ACC titles.. meanwhile we can't get to one ACCCG.

They've beaten us any and every time we've had a chance to sniff a 10 win season.. '04, '09, '13, and '16.. We're 1-4 as a ranked team against them while they are 6-1 against us as a ranked team.. 1-3 when both are ranked.. If Miami was doing this to VT.. I'd say we're handling VT..

To put it bluntly, we can't beat VT when it matters since joining the ACC.. Whether it was to ruin their season or create momentum for ours we drop the ball against them every time.. Other then '05 we've only beaten them when neither team was going anywhere. ('08, '12, '14, '15)..

Based on the stats I've provided.. They've handled us. As for going forward, lets hope so... VT finds way to compete with us even when we had championship type rosters ('01, '02, '03, '04, '05) Im just saying.. Most Miami fans don't respect VT as legit rivals even though we should because they've been taking it to our *** the last decade.

That why the game at Home against VT is huge because if we really do want to take the next step we gotta beat em.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back