247 composite Class ranking

Those top 5 classes sure helped them last season against Clemson

If you wanted to go that route, 7 straight number 1 classes didn't help Alabama against Clemson either

4 rings in 8 years.

I understand that but that's not where the conversation was headed. Ohio State has been in the playoffs every year and they've been pumping out 1st round draft picks like crazy, especially in the secondary. So yeah I'd say those top 5 classes are helping them

I think their offense has taken a step back since losing Herman. Defense has been very good but I also question conference competition.

Advertisement

They were one of the top 4 teams at the end of the regular season last year. Of course their top 5 classes helped them. They've made the CFB Playoffs 2 of the 3 years the playoffs have existed. ****, I think their recruiting rankings may have been the reason they made the playoff this season over Penn State.

I believe the last 4 national champions averaged a top 10 class over a 5 year span.

Osu has a frankenstein class. Yeah, theyre getting elite guys, but theyre from all over the place.

I dont think thats a winning recipe long term. Theyre not even recruiting their home base that hard anymore.

They cheerpick the top kids that they want from Ohio and wait to offer any late bloomers that they want too. They're also killing it in the DMV year after year

Advertisement
I said this a couple months ago. I doubt we finish to 5, but I also don't care where they have us ranked if we clean up with all the top prospects on our board. If we can just get/keep all the guys we are expected we will have an amazing class. And if we can steal another highly ranked guy like Parsons or Marshall, it's just a bonus.

****, every comment in this thread has completely conceded defeat & started waving the white flag 6-8 months out.

Smh, no confidence at all...

Long ways till NSD, we can add a quite a few more commits that keep us in the top spot, not to mention, when we win the battle for Campbell they're not going to have any DB's that outrank ours.

Plus, a lot of our guys can/will get ratings bumps throughout their Senior year, there's a good chance Scaife gets a 5-star, Pope could as well.

Wouldn't be shocked if Brevin Jordan also got his 5-star bump playing at a powerhouse program like Gorman.

In this thread alone we went from #1 , to falling out of the top 5, lol Tighten up, it's okay to have faith & feel confident in our program.

Don't be so scared of ridicule that you have to always be measured & capitulate, there's nothing wrong with being a fan with high expectations, even if it's sometimes unrealistic, that's the point of fandom.

We're not analysts for ESPN, we don't have to be fair & balanced lol.

Last edited:
I looked on 247, I don't see where they jumped us. I agree with liberty city. I also believe we have at least 4 players who should be 5 star, Ivey should be a 4 star , Bubba should be at least a 4 star but they never ask kickers that high. If Kohls is the premier rating system and they have bubba at #1 , then he should be a 5 star on all the other sites.

Advertisement

They were one of the top 4 teams at the end of the regular season last year. Of course their top 5 classes helped them. They've made the CFB Playoffs 2 of the 3 years the playoffs have existed. ****, I think their recruiting rankings may have been the reason they made the playoff this season over Penn State.

The comparison was to Clemson and in jest. I didn't say they sucked, but I also don't view them in the same light as Clemson or Bama. Yes they got beat by the future national champs but they weren't even competitive. What does that say about their conference even as a whole?

Osu has a frankenstein class. Yeah, theyre getting elite guys, but theyre from all over the place.

I dont think thats a winning recipe long term. Theyre not even recruiting their home base that hard anymore.

OSU has always been able to recruit from everywhere...been doing that for a long time

OSU had a stacked class last year and this years is even better. They are doing work. I live in Columbus so I hear all about it...kill me

Pretty much ranking wise, but I'm not trading Miami's class for no one. You can argue a lot of our guys are underranked like jobe, pope who should be 5 stars to go along with lingard. Silvera and scaife are for sure top 150 players and gurvan hall should be a top75 player in the country imo

I agree, I love our class and some of our guys will get the respected bump they deserve and we will land some more great players.

I looked on 247, I don't see where they jumped us. I agree with liberty city. I also believe we have at least 4 players who should be 5 star, Ivey should be a 4 star , Bubba should be at least a 4 star but they never ask kickers that high. If Kohls is the premier rating system and they have bubba at #1 , then he should be a 5 star on all the other sites.

They posted an article of top 50 kid committing to osu and then deleted a few moments later. Regardless he's committing to them today

Advertisement
I'll take our class ranked in the top 5 with most of the class filled with the top kids from the south Florida region over the the 5 stars from all over.

OSU and USC could both be in the top 3 at the end, but it doesn't matter to me.

I suspect the staff identified guys like Pope, Lingered, and Jobe as the top guys at their positions, then we went out and got them. They probably had Nesta as the best at his position in the area and got him. If you trust the staff's ability to evaluate and develop talent, this is a **** of a class and an even better strategy.

I suspect the staff identified guys like Pope, Lingered, and Jobe as the top guys at their positions, then we went out and got them. They probably had Nesta as the best at his position in the area and got him. If you trust the staff's ability to evaluate and develop talent, this is a **** of a class and an even better strategy.

SC class gonna be filthy. Basically our class, but w CA instead of FL animals.

Advertisement
I believe the last 4 national champions averaged a top 10 class over a 5 year span.

Only morons argue stars don't matter. As long as we are in the top 10 yearly we should be good.

SC class gonna be filthy. Basically our class, but w CA instead of FL animals.

It will probably look great on paper, but with USC...something just doesn't add up. They get a TON of 4 and 5 star recruits. They sit on the most complete recruiting base in the country. They can recruit every position within driving distance from campus, every year. Many of those guys get collegiate awards and recognition, but they just don't carry that presence or production to the pros. Who was the last real big time USC WR in the NFL? Last RB? Last QB? And they got 5 stars at those positions EVERY year.

Miami is kind of the opposite. We have studs that do and don't make it but, regardless of coaching staff, we also seem to have guys who end up real NFL players, every year, regardless of recruiting rankings or even college success.

Last edited:
Idk if we will be top 3, maybe top 5. Clemson will be strong, osu, usc and maybe a few others. Just because they'll be ranked higher doesn't mean I'd rather have their class.

Advertisement
Back