2025 Roster Discussion

Almost brought this up a few weeks ago. Went to a River Dogs game in Charleston, knew the name sounded familiar and looked him up and took me a few but I finally remembered he was committed at one point. Anyway, he was 0-4 with 3 K's that day and the BA on the scoreboard was like .208. Looks like it hasn't gotten any better for him. Looked rough at the plate. Fooled and swinging at everything.

On a side note.. that Charleston lineup is one of the worst I've ever seen in the minors. They're hitting like .210 as a team and 5-9 hitters probably wouldn't cut it at the plate at the mid-major college level
1) Only been there once but thats a cool little field. No bad seats.
2) you werent kidding...I clicked on 5 random players and the highest avg was .202
3) That team had a lot of young international players (Dominican Rep especially...all who were baaaad) I wonder in the coming years if teams will continue to sign young foreign players or the move will be similar to college vs high school in the states. Older and closer to being ready

Advertisement
If I'm the kid, I counter that signing was probably the right decision for him. With the leverage of going to Miami he got far more money than he would've gotten by giving up that leverage, coming to Miami, getting exposed as overrated, then getting next to nothing.
Yeah, who knows how he hits in the ACC. I dont know his contract but he probably got low 6 figure signing bonus and a similar salary maybe a touch more. (200K?).

If I'm the kid, I counter that signing was probably the right decision for him. With the leverage of going to Miami he got far more money than he would've gotten by giving up that leverage, coming to Miami, getting exposed as overrated, then getting next to nothing.
💯

Advertisement
Lebron is a Freshman All-american at Alabama. How did we miss on this kid? He is literally in our backyard.
Those in the know explain to me how Jimenez was taken over Lebron?

Lebron is a Freshman All-american at Alabama. How did we miss on this kid? He is literally in our backyard.
Those in the know explain to me how Jimenez was taken over Lebron?
https://www.perfectgame.org/players/playerprofile.aspx?ID=529308

8.5 isnt getting it done. 9.0 min.

Forget that he is 6'2 and these numbers are from 3 years ago. Which scares me because they likely saw this kid when he put up those numbers...and likely wrote him off immediately. Committed to Rice real early and then mid to late 2022 flipped to Bama. I'm willing to bet this is a kid who probably even went out of his way to get Gino and staff to get him (despite being fairly sought after by others).

Last edited:
Advertisement
He went to the same high school as Jimenez.
Anderson really needs to go and mend any differences the program has with the Palmer brothers up in Broward. We cannot lose quality players or in this case overlook top notch players.

Draft Combine attendees - Rafe, Herick, Gage, and Walters

High School Signees - Collero, King, Torres, Areizaga, and Cruz

Shields not attending. Nothing to prove for him. But the few mocks I have seen dont have any of our guys in the top 60. If JD really does have some NIL juice we should have a plan if our top 2-3 guys dont go early enough. Esp if they slip a touch and then end up in a state with crap taxes.

Shields is likely gone regardless. Not sure Collero's situation.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Draft Combine attendees - Rafe, Herick, Gage, and Walters

High School Signees - Collero, King, Torres, Areizaga, and Cruz

Shields not attending. Nothing to prove for him. But the few mocks I have seen dont have any of our guys in the top 60. If JD really does have some NIL juice we should have a plan if our top 2-3 guys dont go early enough. Esp if they slip a touch and then end up in a state with crap taxes.

Shields is likely gone regardless. Not sure Collero's situation.
every random pitching ranking I've seen on IG only mentions King and Shields.. Never mentions Collero.. Not sure if he had a bad season or what and dropped.

Advertisement
The right hitting coach could unlock something in him potentially. But I think what we saw is basically who he is. Would be smart to go to a mid major in the hopes he hits 12-16 bombs and his average goes up a touch. His make up would prob get him drafted at that point

D1 has Urso heading back to Tampa
Sucks he left for a Year and missed the Natty. Although they will reload

North Greenville will be very good. They got Rocco Brzezniak Absolutely rakes. Was supposed to go to Louisville. Not sure what happened. Then Was committed to Southeastern but decommitted when Dinkel left.Check out his stats at Juco (D3 non scholarship school in NJ)

Freshman year at RCGC https://www.njcaa.org/sports/bsb/2022-23/div3/players/rockobrzezniake495

Sophomore Year at Brookdale who is Rcgc’s rival…kid is a weight room animal too. But he must have some demons.

https://www.njcaa.org/sports/bsb/2023-24/div3/players/rockobrzezniak5ruz

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back