2025 Roster Discussion

Advertisement
Crowded outfield right now with all the portal additions. Plus a big class of outfielders are coming in August.
Yep. I think all 3 OF portal additions also play 1B and can obviously DH.

If Villegas returns I would assume he is in LF, Kul in CF, and then Hudson, Williams, and Marsh are split between RF, 1B, and DH

Caraballo is the only incoming freshman OF that I see ready to play. De Los Santos is physically ready so interesting to see how he progresses when he comes in. Might be one to watch to contribute. Fabio Peralta is the opposite, I think he's an advanced player but needs to develop more physically. A lot like Kul was this past year.

If Villegas returns I would assume he is in LF, Kul in CF, and then Hudson, Williams, and Marsh are split between RF, 1B, and DH

Caraballo is the only incoming freshman OF that I see ready to play. De Los Santos is physically ready so interesting to see how he progresses when he comes in. Might be one to watch to contribute. Fabio Peralta is the opposite, I think he's an advanced player but needs to develop more physically. A lot like Kul was this past year.
After Catcher and SS, and speedy athletic CF that can leadoff has to be a priority.
Not sure about Kulikowski in Center.

Advertisement

We are still in the market for a CF.

Hoping we upgrade from Villegas but we probably won't.

Advertisement

I've been asking Caraballo for the past two months when does he report to campus and he completely ignores the question. I ask in Spanish and English and no response. I've asked him over 10 times on his IG lives that have 5 people in it.

Also Jean Pierre Ortiz who was committed to us and was most likely going to compete for a starting job has signed with the reds.

Players that have signed to us that are at the MLB Draft combine

Johnny King SP
Lazaro Collera SP
Michael Torres OF
Adrian Areziega SS
Ronny Cruz SS

David Shields is currently on campus taking summer classes, He still most likely will get drafted in the top2 rounds. Will be tough to keep him

@JayCane20 back to Caraballo, have no clue what is up with him, didn't go to the combine/not invited (i have no clue) so I don't know why he hasn't answered the question. I truly don't think he ends up here

Players that have signed to us that are at the MLB Draft combine

Johnny King SP
Lazaro Collera SP
Michael Torres OF
Adrian Areziega SS
Ronny Cruz SS

David Shields is currently on campus taking summer classes, He still most likely will get drafted in the top2 rounds. Will be tough to keep him

@JayCane20 back to Caraballo, have no clue what is up with him, didn't go to the combine/not invited (i have no clue) so I don't know why he hasn't answered the question. I truly don't think he ends up here
That is really weird that Shields would be taking classes on campus, if there's an extremely high likelihood he's gonna get drafted super high and never play for Miami.

Advertisement
That is really weird that Shields would be taking classes on campus, if there's an extremely high likelihood he's gonna get drafted super high and never play for Miami.
He wants to be a 2 way player and is only 17 - maybe we get lucky if he slips into the 2nd round?

He sounds like a mature kid w a lot of confidence in his abilities, and there's a multi-million dollar difference in the signing bonus of a Top 10 pick and mid 2nd round.

He wants to be a 2 way player and is only 17 - maybe we get lucky if he slips into the 2nd round?

He sounds like a mature kid w a lot of confidence in his abilities, and there's a multi-million dollar difference in the signing bonus of a Top 10 pick and mid 2nd round.
Well that's good to hear, we could definitely use him.

This sucks. He's a high ceiling guy.

Probably looking at juco or something.

Advertisement
Is J Dudd recruiting these kids hard and selling them on playing for Alex Cora? These kids that are not going in the 1st round need to be sold hard on coming to school. Get in their face and act excited about the program. Just because they go in the top five rounds doesn't mean they can't be sold on coming to school. He needs to stop holding up the dugout wall with his shoulder and recruit.

Advertisement
Back