2025 Roster Discussion

Wonder if we give D'Angelo Ortiz (Big Papi's kid) from Miami Dade College a spot. Probably the only player worth taking at MDC this cycle.

Advertisement
So much for Torres staying I guess.
Crushing day but I'm beginning to get excited about the impending phone call with some slapdick from the ticket office asking about whether I'd like to renew for 2025. That poor intern is going to receive an earful.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Vital to keep both Cuvet and Robert at this point, and get off to a hot start signing new players out of the portal. Even if Cuvet intends to return now, it's a long month before the portal closes, and I'm sure he'll be watching closely to see what we're surrounding him with.
If cuvet goes they need to just fire JD on the spot. It was a terrible lazy hire and I get giving him another year to try to correct it but if he loses all 3 of his core offensive guys there is just no defending that. Bad enough he already lost 2 of them. When was the last time miami had nearly a total rebuild of basically the whole roster?

If cuvet goes they need to just fire JD on the spot. It was a terrible lazy hire and I get giving him another year to try to correct it but if he loses all 3 of his core offensive guys there is just no defending that. Bad enough he already lost 2 of them. When was the last time miami had nearly a total rebuild of basically the whole roster?
The 2018 is probably the closest you'll get after trying and failing to plug with old guys in 2017.

The 2018 is probably the closest you'll get after trying and failing to plug with old guys in 2017.
Ya, that '17 team was anemic offensively (.231 BA).

At least there's the portal now, although I hope they're not too distracted by it, because the 2024 recruiting class seems to be pretty solid.

Advertisement
Ma

Yes, ten names to be in the portal....
Gaby, Carrier, Naturman, Scinta, Olivera, Villegas, Reyes....still lots of dead weight to be cut.
One situation where you wish the draft was earlier...with Rafe and Dorian. Do they stay or sign?
Ya just feels like a total roster rebuild that I can't remember ever happening since I've followed them. I'd love rafe and Dorian back but not sure that will be back. Cyr and Torres really hurt. Lots of work to be done

Advertisement
Ma

Yes, ten names to be in the portal....
Gaby, Carrier, Naturman, Scinta, Olivera, Villegas, Reyes....still lots of dead weight to be cut.
One situation where you wish the draft was earlier...with Rafe and Dorian. Do they stay or sign?
I thought I saw Scinta was in the portal

Ya just feels like a total roster rebuild that I can't remember ever happening since I've followed them. I'd love rafe and Dorian back but not sure that will be back. Cyr and Torres really hurt. Lots of work to be done

Dorian has a perfect 10 “Canesness” score. He went to one of the Big Three Christian Cartel Schools (Belen). His father played here. He grew up near campus rooting for the Orange and Green. His godfather is the Head Corch. The only thing that could deduct points from his stellar rating is if his 23 and Me comes back sans 100% verifiable Cuban ancestry.

As such, he should be promoted to coach immediately. If not baseball, something. The club Quidditch team needs a coach. He’s earned it. In fact, a GPS should be placed on his ankle to ensure he never gets further than a 5-mile radius from campus, unless extenuating circumstances permit, like somehow improving his Canesness score.

You can win a Nobel Prize, raise a billion dollars fo the school, or get a tattoo of Sebastian on your left butt cheek and Maniac on the right and you will never achieve such a score.

Sometimes you just need to accept your lot in life and know that we are not all created equal.

I get that Dorian is JD’s godson but he’s one of the very few we should not be complaining about. The young man has developed into a very good acc player with in my opinion all conference potential next year. We have a lot of problems. He isn’t one of them

Last edited:
Advertisement
You watched the same team as me this past season.
3rd -Cuvet
7th- Dorian
8th- PSU transfer
That's six spots in the lineup that need portal guys or freshmen. I prefer to only have two freshmen in the starting lineup.
The pitching situation is just as dire. We need three starters and two bullpen guys.

Dorian has a perfect 10 “Canesness” score. He went to one of the Big Three Christian Cartel Schools (Belen). His father played here. He grew up near campus rooting for the Orange and Green. His godfather is the Head Corch. The only thing that could deduct points from his stellar rating is if his 23 and Me comes back sans 100% verifiable Cuban ancestry.

As such, he should be promoted to coach immediately. If not baseball, something. The club Quidditch team needs a coach. He’s earned it. In fact, a GPS should be placed on his ankle to ensure he never gets further than a 5-mile radius from campus, unless extenuating circumstances permit, like somehow improving his Canesness score.

You can win a Nobel Prize, raise a billion dollars fo the school, or get a tattoo of Sebastian on your left butt cheek and Maniac on the right and you will never achieve such a score.

Sometimes you just need to accept your lot in life and know that we are not all created equal.
You know, I was worried that if I brought that up, people would label me here. "The only thing that could deduct points from his stellar rating is if his 23 and Me comes back sans 100% verifiable Cuban ancestry" is 100%!!!!!

Dorian Gonzales or Antonio Jeminez would start over Pat Burrell at this point in the program's situation. It's why J Dopey is coaching here still and got his shot. It's why we don't go after the Tampa and Jacksonville Kids. Hence, why we get our asses handed to us by the other Florida teams.

You know, I was worried that if I brought that up, people would label me here. "The only thing that could deduct points from his stellar rating is if his 23 and Me comes back sans 100% verifiable Cuban ancestry" is 100%!!!!!

Dorian Gonzales or Antonio Jeminez would start over Pat Burrell at this point in the program's situation. It's why J Dopey is coaching here still and got his shot. It's why we don't go after the Tampa and Jacksonville Kids. Hence, why we get our asses handed to us by the other Florida teams.
I like Dorian. He had a solid season. Just pointing out that a school with alumni from dozens of countries and all 50 states is heavily influenced by a very specific cartel of locals from Jesuit schools.

You watched the same team as me this past season.
3rd -Cuvet
7th- Dorian
8th- PSU transfer
That's six spots in the lineup that need portal guys or freshmen. I prefer to only have two freshmen in the starting lineup.
The pitching situation is just as dire. We need three starters and two bullpen guys.
You don't see jimenez in the plans for next yr? He looked like he was starting to turn the corner in the acc tourney. I think he slots in at a starting spot if he continues to grow this offseason

Advertisement
Back