2025 Roster Discussion

Apparently the rule returned in the new CBA: "The draft-and-follow rule returns, allowing clubs that select players who opt to attend junior college to sign them between the end of their juco season and the beginning of the next year's Draft. Any bonus amount over $225,000 will count toward teams' bonus pools. A similar rule existed before being eliminated with the 2007-11 CBA."

Advertisement
Apparently the rule returned in the new CBA: "The draft-and-follow rule returns, allowing clubs that select players who opt to attend junior college to sign them between the end of their juco season and the beginning of the next year's Draft. Any bonus amount over $225,000 will count toward teams' bonus pools. A similar rule existed before being eliminated with the 2007-11 CBA."

My brain is so full of useless information, I can't imagine having to remember all these draft rules, and portal related dates.

Advertisement
This will definitely get worse before it gets better.

Season ticket renewal in jeopardy.

Advertisement
This will definitely get worse before it gets better.

Season ticket renewal in jeopardy.
Doesn't have to ...yes losing Cyr hurts.
We have a great opportunity here. $$ to spend. Give it a week and see who we sign.
I said, keep Cuvet and maybe 7-8 others off the 2024 roster.

If you go on twitter right now the portal is bordering on ridiculous.

Not a lot of guys who walk in and start on P5's Friday Night. But a lot of kids (a few who I have posted) who can be very good Saturday/Sunday guys, some big bats, some speed.

The job now is finding the right mix, developing the few you bring back and taking these portal kids up that notch or two and maybe they become a Friday guy.

If you go on twitter right now the portal is bordering on ridiculous.

Not a lot of guys who walk in and start on P5's Friday Night. But a lot of kids (a few who I have posted) who can be very good Saturday/Sunday guys, some big bats, some speed.

The job now is finding the right mix, developing the few you bring back and taking these portal kids up that notch or two and maybe they become a Friday guy.
Pressure's on the staff then to deliver what we were promised, and JD can't use the "we were late to the portal" excuse next year.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Vital to keep both Cuvet and Robert at this point, and get off to a hot start signing new players out of the portal. Even if Cuvet intends to return now, it's a long month before the portal closes, and I'm sure he'll be watching closely to see what we're surrounding him with.

Advertisement
Back