2024 OL Isendre “Papa” Ahfua

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
I only know 1 Samoan on staff and his brother is a good friend of mine who coaches back home also. Doug Elisaia is the director of strength and conditioning for football at Utah, he and Joe know each other very well as they are from the same village, home of the Leone Lions. Both played against with and against each other and graduated from the same class.

We'll see how this plays out.
Got it. When it was said he had an uncle on staff I asked if it was a true relative or “uncle” in a term of respect, so I guess it’s the latter. As you said hopefully it works out In our favor

It used to be bookers but now they use writers lol

Lol I was breaking balls

1689454792461.gif

I’m aware of us making real offers and some kids taking it elsewhere for a match/ballpark. I don’t even know that we were low, it just wasn’t enough to move the needle. I think our brand value is lower than we thought.

That’s why I wasn’t criticizing Mario or Joe. And if the NIL guys didn’t want to break the bank on some guys we lost, that’s their right. I said that I hoped they would at least for 5-6 guys we desperately needed and for me JoJo was one who was critical. I think Ahfua is really important. I want the UGA CB and it looks like things are going well with some DL guys we landed and others we can land.
So “suck tax” is real. No surprise to us fans, but I am surprised the program didn’t realize this earlier. Glad we’ve made some adjustments.

Advertisement
So “suck tax” is real. No surprise to us fans, but I am surprised the program didn’t realize this earlier. Glad we’ve made some adjustments.
I think there’s something to it in some instances where we aren’t really their targeted team but a tool to get more from where they want to go. That’s just some. Others are seeing the opportunities and going Bing us a chance.

When people say we need to win on the field, what I’m realizing is that it’s not going to make kids all of a sudden line up - but it will help even the playing field where we are treated with more seriousness and a strong offer from us will get more proper consideration amongst a wider class of the elite players.

Advertisement
I think there’s something to it in some instances where we aren’t really their targeted team but a tool to get more from where they want to go. That’s just some. Others are seeing the opportunities and going Bing us a chance.

When people say we need to win on the field, what I’m realizing is that it’s not going to make kids all of a sudden line up - but it will help even the playing field where we are treated with more seriousness and a strong offer from us will get more proper consideration amongst a wider class of the elite players.
I also think a major part is kids like the idea of going to Miami but it’s a risk and when it’s time to make that call some get scared because we have been a train wreck for so long and they are scared of obscurity

Advertisement
Advertisement
I can see the writers have already started the baby face turn for you, next thing you know you’ll be turning on Wario Cristobum and saving TOC from his uncalled for attack. Then you embrace as the show ends and start a run with the tag team straps known as the “ slurpers of doom “

Yeah TOC/OBM caught me by surprise with that cheapshot since I don't remember ever having a conversation with him (or any worth remembering anyways) . I'm not going to complain to the mods, I knew my offseason heel turn was going to get nuclear heat like when the Iron Sheik beat Bob Backlund in the early 1980s. Im a professional, so even though he suckerpunched me, I'll still try to get him over, and we can get a lot of PPV buys for a Money in the Bank match next July.

If he wants to extend his hand in apology I'll consider it.

ezgif-1-58b908d19c.gif

@grover
I definitely think the suck tax is real and Im glad Cristobal swallowed his pride (if Cristobal needs pointers, @OrangeBowlMagic can provide helpful advise on swallowing) and now Mario seems willing to acknowledge the situation. Maybe Venables popping off was exactly what we needed.

Iron Sheik Win GIF

Yeah TOC/OBM caught me by surprise with that cheapshot since I don't remember ever having a conversation with him (or any worth remembering anyways) . I'm not going to complain to the mods, I knew my offseason heel turn was going to get nuclear heat like when the Iron Sheik beat Bob Backlund in the early 1980s. Im a professional, so even though he suckerpunched me, I'll still try to get him over, and we can get a lot of PPV buys for a Money in the Bank match next July.

If he wants to extend his hand in apology I'll consider it.

ezgif-1-58b908d19c.gif

@grover
I definitely think the suck tax is real and Im glad Cristobal swallowed his pride (if Cristobal needs pointers, @OrangeBowlMagic can provide helpful advise on swallowing) and now Mario seems willing to acknowledge the situation. Maybe Venables popping off was exactly what we needed.

Iron Sheik Win GIF
I don’t think a whole lot of this stuff is in Mario’s hands like you think.

There’s a whole money side that’s beyond his control. That side of this is significant. He can win the favorite coach award from a recruit but money also matters. What he can fix is our on-field performance so we’re treated more seriously by kids who looked at us as nothing more than a leverage opportunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back