2015 DB McFadden is Elite

Well I'd say having McFadden is better than no one at this point. **** I think we were expecting to get SBB, and that doesn't look like it's happening. He's still better than most CB's, I mean ESPN has him as the #6 CB, and 247 has him as the #5 CB, while Rivals has him at #4.
I'd definitely take him. Who's better, that we have a really good chance at getting? Because to me, he wanted to be here, until he felt we didn't want him, **** if we picked up recruiting him he prob would still want to come...

See, that's the stuff that cracks me up with these recruiting sites.

He wasn't the best CB on his team last year. How can he be a top-10 CB in the country?

I bean saying this since last year, he's the most overrated prospect I've seen down here in forever. He literally got his 5-star ranking because of his size and above average athletic ability, nothing else.

Size and athletic ability is a good combo

Minus the ability to cover WR's and play the ball in the air?

Yeah that's a great combo. LOL

IMO...What he has is good size and athletic ability which you can't teach so schools see his potential that can be developed with good coaching

His size and length and part of the reason he doesn't have the feet for CB.

And he gets coached NOW. Mike Rumph is his head coach.

The CB opposite him last year didn't "need coaching".

Advertisement
I'll refer to another Heritage prospect that fans are enamored with, Torrence Gibson.

You want to sign a QB that doesn't even play QB on his stud 7-on-7 team?

You want a CB that doesn't even cover opposing team's best WR's during the season?

Yes we do take Gibson as a Qb, because the absolute worst that would happen if he came here is:
1) He can't play against us.
2) He's a backup qb, and I'd much rather have a backup qb with his talent than someone like Crowe.
3)If it doesn't work out, he might then be willing to play WR where he can be an absolute stud.

As for McFadden, the fact that he has ideal size and above average athletic ability, as you said, is incredibly important. Yea he may not be a great cover man when he begins practicing with us, but he has all the tools needed to become a dam good CB with the right coaching. This is what positional coaches are paid to do. They get a kid that has a lot of Natural Talent, and make him a good player.

Coaching is not the reason he's not a great CB right now.

The CB opposite him was a true lockdown CB and got the same coaching.

He doesn't have the TOOLS to be a great CB. Not fast, doesn't have great feet and has terrible ball skills.

See, that's the stuff that cracks me up with these recruiting sites.

He wasn't the best CB on his team last year. How can he be a top-10 CB in the country?

I bean saying this since last year, he's the most overrated prospect I've seen down here in forever. He literally got his 5-star ranking because of his size and above average athletic ability, nothing else.

IMO...What he has is good size and athletic ability which you can't teach so schools see his potential that can be developed with good coaching

I agree Dowels was better then McFadden

Look the kid has good size and is pretty dam athletic. I don't care if he'd be better at safety, or not. I'm not even saying we need him in this class. All I'm saying is that it's stupid not recruiting a kid with his talent, when it's definetly possible we might not get all the guys we originally wanted. If we end up flipping Cole, and landing the Davis', along with Irvin and JJ, then we don't need McFadden so it's all good. But if not....

Advertisement
Wildcat have u seen any other the other CB targets live? What's your analysis of them?

Can't honestly say I know anything about any other CB's. Sorry. I only noticed McFadden cause I watched every Heritage game.

I heard the kids at Miramar are legit though.

Advertisement
Look the kid has good size and is pretty dam athletic. I don't care if he'd be better at safety, or not. I'm not even saying we need him in this class. All I'm saying is that it's stupid not recruiting a kid with his talent, when it's definetly possible we might not get all the guys we originally wanted. If we end up flipping Cole, and landing the Davis', along with Irvin and JJ, then we don't need McFadden so it's all good. But if not....

Fair enough. Good point.

Yeah your right he sucks, everybody in the country is going hard after him but trust the tie

The kid has excellent feet and hips!!!

Im a fan of Dowels at CB too but u have to realize that coaches were going away from McFadden. One game, Dowels has 9 pass deflection and Mcfadden didnt have a single pass attempted his way. He had a stellar sophmore season!
I will be the first to admit he has a flaw. He will get beat running 60 yards down the field but he is a 6'3" 180 lb corner who is a rising senior. We are talking about a kid who will be 6'3" 210lbs who can cover WRs/RBs/TEs and play the run. Lamarcus Joyner and Xavier Rhodes had the same flaw coming out of hs but the defense didnt expose them. They highlighted their strength by playing Joyner at S and keeping a safety over Rhodes.

I will admit that he did go off on a rant when he was at the UM camp but they did list him at 6 foot and he didnt get MVP when he was clearly the best db there that day. He is a fierce competitor with no personality flaws and tons of upside. The same ppl saying he suck because of his flaw are the same ones that wouldnt take deion because of his tackling abilities. Lol

Advertisement
I think some people forget that we are 3 short years from Mike Williams and converted RB's dressing up like cb's on saturdays for us. Our starters are decent, but we need an influx of young hungry ball hawks ASAP. I don't really know much about these kids, but the staff better feel REALLY good about the 3-4 kids we constantly hear about on their radar.

Advertisement

The kid has excellent feet and hips!!!

Im a fan of Dowels at CB too but u have to realize that coaches were going away from McFadden. One game, Dowels has 9 pass deflection and Mcfadden didnt have a single pass attempted his way. He had a stellar sophmore season!
I will be the first to admit he has a flaw. He will get beat running 60 yards down the field but he is a 6'3" 180 lb corner who is a rising senior. We are talking about a kid who will be 6'3" 210lbs who can cover WRs/RBs/TEs and play the run. Lamarcus Joyner and Xavier Rhodes had the same flaw coming out of hs but the defense didnt expose them. They highlighted their strength by playing Joyner at S and keeping a safety over Rhodes.

I will admit that he did go off on a rant when he was at the UM camp but they did list him at 6 foot and he didnt get MVP when he was clearly the best db there that day. He is a fierce competitor with no personality flaws and tons of upside. The same ppl saying he suck because of his flaw are the same ones that wouldnt take deion because of his tackling abilities. Lol

Uh...

Teams were going away from McFadden because Dowels was covering their primary WR. McFadden normally played the boundary and covered opposing team's 2nd best WR. Dowels covered everybody's stud so naturally he's gonna get more opportunities to break up balls.

The only time I seen McFadden cover anybody was against Immakolee. After being victimized by JC Jackson a couple times Heritage had to stick Dowels on Jackson. Immakolee even moved Jackson to the slot to try to create some mismatches but Heritage simply put McKenzie at CB, moved Dowels to the slot and shut down Jackson.

You're implying that teams went away from McFadden cause he was lockdown but that couldn't be further from the truth. They went away from him cause he was coveing the boundary and usually covering opposing team's secondary WR. The teams that ignored his stature and went at him succeeded.

Not gonna make this a McFadden vs. Dowels debate but everybody in the county, including people at Heritage, knows who's better out of the two so please don't go there.

Ahhhhhh, I see:

Syracuse, N.Y. — Juwan Dowels drew the assignment the moment he stepped onto the practice field for American Heritage High School. Its coach, Mike Rumph, already possessed one of the top junior prospects in the country in defensive back Tarvarus McFadden. To find out if he had a second lockdown cornerback, Rumph stuck Dowels on a receiver named Isaiah McKenzie, a four-star recruit who is deciding between Notre Dame, Mississippi and Florida.

By the end of the week, Dowels did not allow McKenzie to catch a single ball, Rumph said. Whether that's slightly laced with hyperbole is inconsequential. As Rumph described it, the Dowels-McKenzie battles were like an alley cat fight, both competitors going at each other day in, day out under the hot Florida sun.

http://www.syracuse.com/orangefootball/index.ssf/2014/01/syracuse_football_recruiting_c_1.html

Advertisement
Back