10/30 Exhibition Game: IUP Crimson Hawks @ Miami Hurricanes, 2pm, ACCNX/ESPN+

We have more depth this year if everyone stays healthy.

We’re smaller in the front-court in terms of traditional post play, but I think we’re more of a modern era squad that you see playing small ball 4 & 5-out that allows for a lot more versatility & flexibility in the offensive sets & with Omier we can really utilize the High-Screen pick & rolls to create good shots from mid-range or high percentage looks at the basket when driving.
L wants positionless ball, and he realizes that it's tough for him to get the kind of size programs like FSU tend to possess. Miami is going to be athletic as ****, with versatile tweeners as bigs.

Looks like he wants to be uptempo, and with the waves of bodies at his disposal, he should be able to run teams into the ground.

Advertisement
L wants positionless ball, and he realizes that it's tough for him to get the kind of size programs like FSU tend to possess. Miami is going to be athletic as ****, with versatile tweeners as bigs.

Looks like he wants to be uptempo, and with the waves of bodies at his disposal, he should be able to run teams into the ground.
Precisely, this is the Warriors method.

We may suffer some on the boards with a smaller squad (although Omier is an Elite rebounder), but we’ll also be able to punish teams on the offensive side of the ball because most bigs won’t be able to guard our G’s/F’s on the perimeter in switch out situations & against Zones our improved shooting will create headaches for a number of teams we play in the ACC.

Both Pack & Wong can create their own shot putting the ball on the floor & are very good shooters as well, that will give teams fits trying to guard 5 guys who can basically score from all the levels on the court.

We’d be in trouble if we were in the B1G lol, but in the ACC aside from a couple teams we’ll actually have the advantage on Offense due to how we’re structured & the depth we’ll have.

He plays taller for sure, and its real nice to see him hover near the basket when a perimeter shot is taken (and missed)... he just sunk the miss, hope we see more of that rather than retreat-regroup so quickly as past.
Elite 2 foot jumper and great bounce off the 2nd jump which is a very overlooked trait in athletic somewhat undersized big men like himself

I’m very excited to watch him and Jordan Miller play this year… and the team as a whole

Advertisement
It’s D2 but IUP made the final 4 last year and basically returned their whole team. L finds unique teams to scrimmage to challenge them. That was a really experience team that is a Nc contender with D1 transfers. Kind of how they played Nova last year so they could see. The offense they run now.

I don’t remember a time where we went into a season with sweet16 type “legit” expectations.

Last edited:
Advertisement
It’s D2 but IUP made the final 4 last year and basically returned their whole team. L finds unique teams to scrimmage to challenge them. That was a really experience team that is a Nc contender with D1 transfers. Kind of how they played Nova last year so they could see. The offense they run now.

I don’t remember we a time where we went into a season with sweet16 type “legit” expectations.
They’re actually pretty similar to the Providence team we’ll face in 3 weeks.

Advertisement

I don’t remember a time where we went into a season with sweet16 type “legit” expectations.
Nova absolutely embarassed us on the offensive glass, 18-2. At least Jim is settled running 5 out and scramble this year.

Advertisement
217E26CA-6E8D-49AC-82F7-3535EFE4A3D3.jpeg

I was at the game. What stood out the most to me was #15's physicality. He tries to tear the rim down on every dunk and is active on both offensive and defensive boards. #24 is smooth, can get his shot any time he wants, and is a threat to finish at the rim as well (had a couple of nice euro-step moves that he finished at the cup). #2 is still our go to guy and it looks like he's put on about 10-15 lbs of muscle since he got here (getting that body ready for the next level) Last thing, our boy Wooga shot way too many shots today, hopefully it was due to the fact that it was an exhibition. 7-15 is not bad, but he's gotta be way lower on the fga chart than the 3 players I mentioned along with #11

A little surprising that with a deep roster, it seems like we will only have a 7 man rotation, at least judging by today’s exhibition game. I never expect L to rotate 10+ guys, but I thought we’d be a little deeper than 7 now that we finally have a full roster.

I was not able to watch, but was it a concern at all that Omier had 4 fouls in 20 minutes? I know he had an issue with foul trouble at Arkansas state.

Last edited:
I like what I saw from the team today. It looks like we're going to be primarily a seven-man rotation. Hopefully, Coach L can find some minutes for Aire, Jakai, and Beverly if he wants to expand to a 10-man rotation.

Advertisement
Back