1/15 Duke at 7:00 PM on ESPN

Offense never tried to penetrate the Zone at all. I believe this team needs to recruit some bigs the ones we’ve been is flat out not good enough. Until then we will be a 15-25 program that can make it only to the second round of the NCAA and that’s about it.

Advertisement
Bottom line is the team isn't as good as the hype. They'll make the tourney but that's about it.

I will continue to say this until I’m Blue in the face.

Newton is bum juice. Doesn’t need to play anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Our game is inside, attacking the basket gottdammit! All our loses have been due to the 3 point bricks! Why can’t they accept that we ain’t a 3 point shooting team and focus on the high percentage shots inside? F@ck!!!

WE need to get those **** rebounds.

Maybe if we practice it more we will eventually get the hang of it.

Obviously. What are you trying to prove with that dumb comment?

I think he was being sarcastic. He was arguing with me that it's possible to get better at free throw shooting by practicing. He thinks it's not possible. He has a brick for a brain. Probably thinks you can't get better at anything with practice. Just ignore him.

Advertisement
Bottom line is the team isn't as good as the hype. They'll make the tourney but that's about it.

You can say that bolded part in just about every Coach L season at this point. This is year SEVEN. Seven years. He is like a Dan Mullen at Mississippi State. Cool, he occasionally knocks off a big boy, but he doesn't have what it takes to take a program to an elite level.

Advertisement
I think he was being sarcastic. He was arguing with me that it's possible to get better at free throw shooting by practicing. He thinks it's not possible. He has a brick for a brain. Probably thinks you can't get better at anything with practice. Just ignore him.

Exactly. We just need to practice things like free throw shooting and rebounding missed free throws. In the offseason, no one thought we would ever see those scenarios in actual games.

I will continue to say this until I’m Blue in the face.

Newton is bum juice. Doesn’t need to play anymore.

And Lykes is a liability on defense right now. He’ll get better but he takes too many risks.

Our help defense in non-existent.

You can say that bolded part in just about every Coach L season at this point. This is year SEVEN. Seven years. He is like a Dan Mullen at Mississippi State. Cool, he occasionally knocks off a big boy, but he doesn't have what it takes to take a program to an elite level.

While I agree with you, the team was 8/22 on layups. At some point, the team has to execute just as much as L has to push the right buttons.

Advertisement

Exactly. We just need to practice things like free throw shooting and rebounding missed free throws. In the offseason, no one thought we would ever see those scenarios in actual games.

Those should be easy for them to replicate.

I'm a total homer, but I'm actually not sure about the tourney. We could realistically lose 8 more ACC games and finish well below .500 in conference.

They shot 55% from the field. We shot 37%.

BB has regressed offensively big time. Walker scored some points but still shot poorly. Our pre-season ranking was based on BB and LW being much better than they have been. Huell's unexpected emergence has offset that some but not enough. When we were up 13, we had a chance with some chippies where we coulda stretched that lead to over 20.

you arent a good basketball team when #3 has to play that many minutes

we blow against zone badly

may want to consider going with the best 5 and adopting a Louisville type system moving forward

Advertisement
Back