1/15 Duke at 7:00 PM on ESPN

And we have a tangent from the ****. The post above is only showing you how you’re comparison is insanely wrong. Win the “Coastal”? Not sure how this is relevant kunty.

Make sure you know that I love the fact that you can't refute the comparison. The worst part is how low your expectations are. Kind of like those among Mississippi State football fans.

Advertisement
Duke has the same issue from year to year. Too many guys want to be the man all the time.

I think the issue with this Miami team is actually the exact opposite. It seems like NO ONE wants to be the man to step up, dominate, and score down the stretch. Walker and Brown are too passive. They both play good team ball but at least one of those guys needs that killer instinct to look to score on every touch and dominate stretches in games. That would be a big boon to our offensive woes, especially late in games IMO.

I can see that. Good point. That's a team issue and not a Coach L issue, would you agree?

I think it's a mix of coaching (since Coach L wants unselfish play) but also a personality trait within the players themselves. They just don't have it in them to be selfish and ball dominant. That's not a knock on them as players because I love watching good team play where everyone gets a touch on offensive possessions, but we could really use BB or Walker to be selfish and take over a game this season especially when our offense is stagnant or late in a game. The only somewhat selfish/ball dominant player on the team is Quan and that's someone that has no business doing that (it's always to the detriment of the team when he does).

You guys are way off. This is simply our team playing bad basketball. Not understanding how to pass and move the ball against the zone. No one on our team is scared to take over. Brown has shown it multiple times. Newton is too confident. Lonnie and Lykes have shown they have no issue trying to take over. Amp has never been scared. Dj will shoot any 3 if he has a half of second to do so. It seems like no one wants to take over because due to our lack of effective ball movement the defense remains set and the only shots or lay ups to take are well contested bad shots. Late in games is when teams are even more focused on D and that is why we can't score. Go watch the last 7 minutes of the game again and find one possession where we made the defense move around and scramble due to our passing. I promise you that all you will find is 3 guys on the perimeter getting the ball, holding it for a couple of seconds, and then passing it to another guy right near them on the perimeter. Rinse and repeat.

And we have a tangent from the ****. The post above is only showing you how you’re comparison is insanely wrong. Win the “Coastal”? Not sure how this is relevant kunty.

Make sure you know that I love the fact that you can't refute the comparison. The worst part is how low your expectations are. Kind of like those among Mississippi State football fans.

Ends in year 2. Keep trying kunty.

The funniest part of this porst **** is you assume you know my “expectations” when I haven’t posted as such. I look forward to how you pivot here and go on another kunty tangent.

Side note: is you porst above adding “nothing”?

The funniest part of this porst **** is you assume you know my “expectations” when I haven’t posted as such. I look forward to how you pivot here and go on another kunty tangent.

Winning one conference title ends the comparison? Aim high.

You show your expectations by fighting to the death to defend Mullenaga. You get excited by Sweet 16 appearances.

Winning one conference title ends the comparison? Aim high.

You show your expectations by fighting to the death to defend Mullenaga. You get excited by Sweet 16 appearances.

It demonstrates that Coach L has achieved something that Mullen hasn’t. It ends there because only a **** is unable to see a the difference.

Please bump my posts on “expectations”, please. Then bump your quality porsts that add “nothing”.

Advertisement
It demonstrates that Coach L has achieved something that Mullen hasn’t. It ends there because only a **** is unable to see a the difference.

Please bump my posts on “expectations”, please. Then bump your quality porsts that add “nothing”.

You're afraid to post your expectations because it makes you a Bulldog. The proof is how much you're leaning on one conference title. UNC fans wouldn't be caught dead celebrating a conference title. You, though........

In seven NCAA tournament games at Miami, Mullenaga has one win against top-10 seeds. Not top-10 teams. Top-10 seeds. His 4-3 record includes victories over #14 , #11 , and #15 . The three losses were blowouts. Two of those blowouts were to lesser seeds.

But he's a top 10 coach and exactly the guy who is going to take us to the promised land.

Last edited:

You're afraid to post your expectations because it makes you a Bulldog. The proof is how much you're leaning on one conference title. UNC fans wouldn't be caught dead celebrating a conference title. You, though........

In six NCAA tournament games at Miami, Mullenaga has zero wins against top-10 seeds. Not top-10 teams. Top-10 seeds. His 3-3 record includes victories over #14 , #11 , and #15 . The three losses were blowouts. Two of those blowouts were to lesser seeds.

But he's a top 10 coach and exactly the guy who is going to take us to the promised land.

You’ve convinced me of the following:

1. You’re capable of dropping an atrocious comparison. Mazel tov.

2. You don’t know what proof means. Please bump my actual words and not more kunty logic.

3. You haven’t contributed any serious posts on this board. Otherwise you would’ve bumped them.

In six NCAA tournament games at Miami, Mullenaga has zero wins against top-10 seeds. Not top-10 teams. Top-10 seeds. His 3-3 record includes victories over #14 , #11 , and #15 . The three losses were blowouts. Two of those blowouts were to lesser seeds.

You’ve convinced me of the following:

1. You’re capable of dropping an atrocious comparison. Mazel tov.

2. You don’t know what proof means. Please bump my actual words and not more kunty logic.

3. You haven’t contributed any serious posts on this board. Otherwise you would’ve bumped them.

Every post I make has substance, and we know that because of how frustrated you are. I'm pointing out that Mullenaga has a ceiling and you're coming back with one conference title.

Advertisement
There aren't 10 CBB coaches in the nation that I would take ahead of L.

Because of the conference title or the Cinderella season 12 years ago?

Because of his accomplishment at George Mason (not only the final four year, but 5 NCAAT appearances). Because of how quickly he turned our program around after the Clark/Haith disaster to win the ACC. Because of his player development (for examples Shane Larkin, Gamble, Sheldon Mac, ARod, Reed, Huell). Because of his recruiting (Brown, Huell, IV, Lykes). Because of his record against top competition (see UNC and Duke). The L bashing is ridiculous. He's not Jim Morris.

Jagr, please stop ruining every thread on here. This isn't the baseball board (even though you're right about Morris, it's annoying as ****).

Because of his accomplishment at George Mason (not only the final four year, but 5 NCAAT appearances). Because of how quickly he turned our program around after the Clark/Haith disaster to win the ACC. Because of his player development (for examples Shane Larkin, Gamble, Sheldon Mac, ARod, Reed, Huell). Because of his recruiting (Brown, Huell, IV, Lykes). Because of his record against top competition (see UNC and Duke). The L bashing is ridiculous. He's not Jim Morris.

Because of his accomplishment at George Mason (not only the final four year, but 5 NCAAT appearances) - 5 appearances in 14 years
Because of how quickly he turned our program around after the Clark/Haith disaster to win the ACC - Admirable, doesn't change the argument that he has a ceiling
Because of his player development (for examples Shane Larkin, Gamble, Sheldon Mac, ARod, Reed, Huell) - Admirable, hasn't led to an elite level of winning
Because of his recruiting (Brown, Huell, IV, Lykes) - See previous response
Because of his record against top competition (see UNC and Duke) - Yikes.....see NCAA tournament record while at Miami

The L bashing is ridiculous. He's not Jim Morris - Truth. Jim Mullenaga has not won two championships.

Advertisement

Because of his accomplishment at George Mason (not only the final four year, but 5 NCAAT appearances) - 5 appearances in 14 years
Because of how quickly he turned our program around after the Clark/Haith disaster to win the ACC - Admirable, doesn't change the argument that he has a ceiling
Because of his player development (for examples Shane Larkin, Gamble, Sheldon Mac, ARod, Reed, Huell) - Admirable, hasn't led to an elite level of winning
Because of his recruiting (Brown, Huell, IV, Lykes) - See previous response
Because of his record against top competition (see UNC and Duke) - Yikes.....see NCAA tournament record while at Miami

The L bashing is ridiculous. He's not Jim Morris - Truth. Jim Mullenaga has not won two championships.

Do you know how many NCAAT appearances George Mason had prior to L? One. Ever. Do you know many conference titles Miami had prior to L? Zero. Ever. I get that coach bashing is your thing, but this is dumb.

Do you know how many NCAAT appearances George Mason had prior to L? One. Ever. Do you know many conference titles Miami had prior to L? Zero. Ever. I get that coach bashing is your thing, but this is dumb.

So he has improved two programs. Kind of like taking Mississippi State from 4-8 to 10-3. But he's not a championship coach. We can give him time to build it, but not too many guys taste their first elite success at age 75.

Why anyone wastes their time engaging in a dialogue with Jagr is puzzling. The guy is an idiot who is only happy when Miami loses not when they win. He and AustinCane are the two worse posters on this site and it isnt even close. Put them both on ignore and you will be better off.

Advertisement
Duke has the same issue from year to year. Too many guys want to be the man all the time.

I think the issue with this Miami team is actually the exact opposite. It seems like NO ONE wants to be the man to step up, dominate, and score down the stretch. Walker and Brown are too passive. They both play good team ball but at least one of those guys needs that killer instinct to look to score on every touch and dominate stretches in games. That would be a big boon to our offensive woes, especially late in games IMO.

I can see that. Good point. That's a team issue and not a Coach L issue, would you agree?

I think it's a mix of coaching (since Coach L wants unselfish play) but also a personality trait within the players themselves. They just don't have it in them to be selfish and ball dominant. That's not a knock on them as players because I love watching good team play where everyone gets a touch on offensive possessions, but we could really use BB or Walker to be selfish and take over a game this season especially when our offense is stagnant or late in a game. The only somewhat selfish/ball dominant player on the team is Quan and that's someone that has no business doing that (it's always to the detriment of the team when he does).

You guys are way off. This is simply our team playing bad basketball. Not understanding how to pass and move the ball against the zone. No one on our team is scared to take over. Brown has shown it multiple times. Newton is too confident. Lonnie and Lykes have shown they have no issue trying to take over. Amp has never been scared. Dj will shoot any 3 if he has a half of second to do so. It seems like no one wants to take over because due to our lack of effective ball movement the defense remains set and the only shots or lay ups to take are well contested bad shots. Late in games is when teams are even more focused on D and that is why we can't score. Go watch the last 7 minutes of the game again and find one possession where we made the defense move around and scramble due to our passing. I promise you that all you will find is 3 guys on the perimeter getting the ball, holding it for a couple of seconds, and then passing it to another guy right near them on the perimeter. Rinse and repeat.

You're correct about our team not being able to beat the zone and costing us the game (and this has been a frustrating theme with this team even dating back to last season), but we simply don't have a ball dominant player that can take over a game to beat the zone. And your point about a bunch of passes around the perimeter before chucking up a difficult, contested shot illustrates my point about not having that go to dominant player that takes over a game. They keep passing around the perimeter because no one wants to be that guy. We don't have one player who will penetrate the zone to collapse the D and kick to an open shooter for an easy shot or draw a foul or pull up and hit the outside shot rendering the zone ineffective. Walker or Brown (or both) should be that guy.

You're correct about our team not being able to beat the zone and costing us the game (and this has been a frustrating theme with this team even dating back to last season), but we simply don't have a ball dominant player that can take over a game to beat the zone. And your point about a bunch of passes around the perimeter before chucking up a difficult, contested shot illustrates my point about not having that go to dominant player that takes over a game. They keep passing around the perimeter because no one wants to be that guy. We don't have one player who will penetrate the zone to collapse the D and kick to an open shooter for an easy shot or draw a foul or pull up and hit the outside shot rendering the zone ineffective. Walker or Brown (or both) should be that guy.

Ball dominant players can't take over a game against a zone especially when due to the lack of effective passing and the lack of shooters the defense just packs it in. How do you score on five people sitting in the lane? We have plenty of players who are capable of penetrating a zone and making a play. But you need the defense to be moving in order to have a lane to penetrate. Brown, Walker, and Newton are all slashers. Any time a team goes man on us all three of these guys attack at will and eat. They can't do that when the defense is just packed in the paint. Brown has shown in the past he can dominate games against ranked teams. He did this by using his athletic ability and strength to get to the rim at will and finish. This year, teams have adjusted to packing it in and now he can't do that. Now if you want to say we don't have a guy who can consistently hit threes and make the defense stretch out than you're right on there. But to say we don't have ball dominant players is flat our wrong. We have too many ball dominant players and it's why we have an awful assist to turnover ratio.

Advertisement
Back