🚨🚨Poll: Predict Miami’s Record - 2023 Season 🚨🚨

What will be the Canes’ record for the 2023 Season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
FSU is a rivalry. That's a toss up everyday of the week and twice on Sunday. Last year was an aberration same way us blowing out FSU 52-7 at the rock was an aberration. We were down bad last year and they caught us on a down year and did what they were supposed to do.
That may be true in theory, but it’s not how you should look at it when looking at win totals.

Advertisement
Miami Ohio: W
Texas A&M: W
Bethune: W
Temple: W
GT: W
UNC: W
Clemson: L
UVA: L
NC State: W
FSU:W
Louisville: W
BC: W

We lose a heatbreaker to Clemson and that hurts us against UVA. We recover and win out finishing 10-2 and a rematch with Clemmie in the ACC Sip which we take in a thriller. 11-2 CFP Bound baby!

I'm going with 9-3. I'm almost always one game over, so I won't be surprised with an 8-4 record. Last year, I think I predicted 10 wins. I can't put into words how wrong I was...

Someone mentioned rewatching the spring game.. I also rewatched and saw a few troubling signs (penalties, TVD's ball placement, ball security, Brown's inaccuracy). I almost put 8-4, but my fandom won't let me pick anything less than 9-3 for a season prediction when I think about all the talent that's here this year that wasn't with the team last year.

Clemson: W
UVA: W
FSU: W

We'll win every game, but somehow end up with a 9-3 record. *shrug*

It's Kool-aid season, men.. Drink up! :king-pour:

Advertisement
This season has the potential to be a 98’/99’ type season. Continue developing kids and win the games you’re supposed to. Be competitive with the ones you’re not supposed to win. Maybe even pull an upset or two. I can totally see us beating FSU but losing to UNC/ NC State.

The A&M game has serious potential to impact the season. A victory can establish serious confidence that would carry over to the rest of the season. I just don’t think we are there yet. A&M has good talent.

9-4 with a bowl win to carry momentum into 24’.
I'm usually the one to point out that conference games are more important than non-conference games.

Not this year.

Because the A&M game comes early, it is a tone-setter for the season.

As many have pointed out already, even if one thinks we take some Ls late, there's a real importance (and value) to winning our first six games.

We need to beat A&M. We need to beat FSU. We need to win our bowl game. Full stop.

I'm usually the one to point out that conference games are more important than non-conference games.

Not this year.

As many have pointed out already, even if one thinks we take some Ls late, there's a real importance (and value) to winning our first six games.

We need to beat A&M. We need to beat FSU. We need to win our bowl game. Full stop.
I do agree the A&M game is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. Lose and the season isn’t technically over but a victory (to your point) can be significant for our growing pains. This team needs to learn to win games and beat teams with equal or more talent. I believe this is part of the process to returning to dominance. It won’t happen over night but as long as we improve every game and season, I’m okay with it.

I can’t stress enough how impactful the FSU game is for us. Miami needs to send a message and begin a new streak. Because 24 and 25 we are coming.

Not this year.

I picked 8-4, but could see an upset(s) of TAMU/UNC/FSU moving it up to 9-3 or 10-2. However, I have a hard time seeing a bowl win if you consider draft eligible opt outs (TVD, X, Lee, Cowen, Mesidor, LT, Kam, Keke, etc.). Not all would sit, but pick 3-4 who had the best season. Non-playoff bowls aren't what they used to be.

Clemson: L
UVA: L
FSU:W

We lose a heatbreaker to Clemson and that hurts us against UVA. We recover and win out finishing 10-2 and a rematch with Clemmie in the ACC Sip which we take in a thriller. 11-2 CFP Bound baby!
Uva might be worse than temple

Advertisement

24/7 guys are down on us. Have us as the 2nd most over rated team in the ACC and predict us to finish fifth to ninth in the conference. I can’t remember a year that the “experts” were so down on Miami.
Good. We’ve constantly underperformed expectations. Over performing will be great for us and the narrative assuming we win games.

Let the kids have a chip on their shoulder

This season has the potential to be a 98’/99’ type season. Continue developing kids and win the games you’re supposed to. Be competitive with the ones you’re not supposed to win. Maybe even pull an upset or two. I can totally see us beating FSU but losing to UNC/ NC State.

The A&M game has serious potential to impact the season. A victory can establish serious confidence that would carry over to the rest of the season. I just don’t think we are there yet. A&M has good talent.

9-4 with a bowl win to carry momentum into 24’.
Pretty logical. I never make predictions anymore but I went 8-4 and I think the same, we will actually go into a bowl game prepared because I like our coaches. 9-4 is where I’m at.

Not sure how it shakes out, I think we drop a close one to A&M that gives me the opposite feeling as the loss we had last year. Last year after the Southern Miss fiasco and then the way we shrunk in the second half against A&M it felt like the season was in serious trouble. I think we could lose but feel differently if that makes sense

Just depends on what kind of offense and mentality we have. I am all for running the ball and being tough and physical, but sometimes that makes you play games closer than it should be. So we go through our ACC schedule often times and every game is tight and those can swing one way or another on just a few plays

I don’t think FSU is as good as other people think they are but they are the other measuring stick for the progress of this teams mentality. I didn’t even watch the **** game last year because we were so unprepared to deal with that type of game which is kind of the enduring image of Mario’s first season for me

I expect a much much better team this year but 7-5 or 8-4 seems the right place to start but we go out and kick A&M *** and all bets are off

I picked 8-4 earlier because I thought we’d be better than last year but not great. The Kool aid is starting to get to me. I still have a ton of questions and some doubts but that sense of optimism is returning hard right now.

Going to wait and see how we look against other jerseys, but I’m so excited for the games to start. Think if our team is as good as the coaches and insiders are saying we should go 9-3 or better.

Advertisement
Bleacher report has us at 7-5 and 4-4 in ACC play which has us finishing 7th in the conference. No mention of us throughout the preview.

Should be 9-3 because of roster and schedule.

Could be 5-7 because we don't have a backup QB and any injury to TVD or 2022 version of him forfeits season.

Will be 7-5 because its what Miami does to people. QB?, WR?, LT?, TE?, CB2?, DT? Coaching?. None of that leaves me confident.

Advertisement
Is it too late to change my vote, I'd like to take the over on my original wager

Salute to the real 💯

:backyard-pool: :stormwarningflag-sm: :neonu: :grinch:

IMG_0849.jpeg

Advertisement
Back