🚨🚨Poll: Predict Miami’s Record - 2023 Season 🚨🚨

What will be the Canes’ record for the 2023 Season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Voted 8-4 but honestly should be 9-3 with a shot to win 10 in December.

No excuses. TAMU will tell me everything I need to know.
I've been saying this too but the closer it gets I really don't think it will. A&M is a wild card. I could see them in the playoff picture or Jimbo fired before November and everywhere in between. A win and everyone is going to shrug it off and say A&M sucks and a loss and people are going to say Miami sucks and same ole Miami.

I don't think we actually figure anything out until October 14 and 21, unless there is another loss (other than A&M) before those 2 games.

Advertisement
I voted 8-4, but I literally have no clue what our record will be.

This is the most unsure I’ve ever been about a season. I could see us realistically only winning six games, but there’s also the possibility of winning 10 games. Although I find the high-end is less likely.

Last year’s record was not only due to bad coaching/coordinator hires, there really was a dearth of talent and depth at key positions. How well we replenished the talent (remember, we’ve had pretty significant turnover on the roster) will determine where we go.

While I’m optimistic about the coordinator hires, there are always transitional bumps along the way.

I just can’t imagine that anyone here has a real good feel about what our record will be next year, I know I don’t.
Spot on. 2011 was the last time I was this unsure about how a season would go. And that was before all the suspensions were announced.

This offensive line should run over everyone not named Clemson tamu fspoo. Barring injury of course. I really think this is the best line we’ve had since stoutland was here.

That guarantees us nothing of course. Drake Maye is a handful, Jordan Travis is a handful, loserville has hype, Clemson and tamu have talent advantages over us. It’s a tough schedule. No doubt.

If I'm betting, I'm saying 8-4 but since I'm playing with house money here, I'm going 9-3.

Honestly, anything worse than 7-5 and the athletic department should just call it a day and go full in on basketball.

Never give up.

In sports many coaches have had a mediocre first couple of seasons and then gone on to do something great. Or maybe the next coach is the guy. Not saying that’s what would happen, but I’m just not built to quit. I’ll quit they the day they put me in the ground.

Advertisement
The opening games are huge. Provided we take care of business against the other Miami we go into a big one against tamu. A season shifter. If we take care of business there we have huge momentum and exercise early season sec game demons.

Then we head into easy street with Bethune and temple. Temple stinks I think so that gets us to 4-0. Next I think is Georgia tech who’s been gutted by transfer and just stinks in general. New coach also. 5-0.

Then we got a massive one against unc. Must win. Need to get the monkey off the back.

Everything hinges on that tamu game. Cause after the first five games it gets tougher

Natty ... sky's the limit - better culture - OC on sideline with tvd - we have the best rb's and best oline imo on paper - tvd jerseys not touching the grass

depending on snaps on defense and how many snaps and pt the freshman lb's and bain gets will determine success on defense

should be 2 forsure 1st round picks - kam and LT

#bainforheisman

4-8

for realz.
Ya'll gonna drown in tears, but I'm telling you...you forget easily who is running the ship.

Advertisement
I came up with 7 wins and 5 losses based solely on the respective talent and coaching of UM and UM's opponents. I didn't factor in the potential effects of a loss or losses on team morale. Would 7-5 be satisfying as a fan? I doubt it, but I guess it would be a step in the right direction.

head says 7-5. lose to ATM but enter UNC 4-1, but UNC and Clemson b2b end up being losses (4-3) and season goes off the rails from there (lose to FSU and then likely BC bc nothing to play for).

heart says 9-3 (lose to UNC Clemson and FSU however the b2b losses I think pushes this team down a circus of losses)

I came up with 7 wins and 5 losses based solely on the respective talent and coaching of UM and UM's opponents. I didn't factor in the potential effects of a loss or losses on team morale. Would 7-5 be satisfying as a fan? I doubt it, but I guess it would be a step in the right direction.
unfortunately 7-5 would be a bad sign imo even tho I have us down as the same. 9-3 would be a step in the right direction (lose the games you should, beat ATM, and win the easy ones)

Advertisement
I've been saying this too but the closer it gets I really don't think it will. A&M is a wild card. I could see them in the playoff picture or Jimbo fired before November and everywhere in between. A win and everyone is going to shrug it off and say A&M sucks and a loss and people are going to say Miami sucks and same ole Miami.

I don't think we actually figure anything out until October 14 and 21, unless there is another loss (other than A&M) before those 2 games.
if we lose another game beyond ATM before b2b that will likely decide the year then we suck beyond belief.

If we were still landing big time 5 stars and showing up to recruiting meetings with wheelbarrows full of LifeWallet $ I’d be ok with 7-5 and good wins and no blow out losses because I would be able to tell myself the wins would follow the talent.

He’s not here anymore to help us land difference makers and kids are going to need to see results on the field. I feel like this season has much more at stake than before

Really hope we do better than 8-4 but trying not to buy the camp hype either and have measured expectations

Advertisement
if we lose another game beyond ATM before b2b that will likely decide the year then we suck beyond belief.
but Miami should thump TAMU. It should THUMP THEM.

They won't.
College Football GIF by Miami Hurricanes

If you guys aren’t ready for disappointment after 2 decades, I don’t know what to tell you.

8-5…7 win regular season and finally win a bowel game against a mid tier SEC or Big10 team..think we hang tough in a majority of our losses

Advertisement
Back