🚨🚨Poll: Predict Miami’s Record - 2023 Season 🚨🚨

What will be the Canes’ record for the 2023 Season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I’m posting a new one for this season similar to what Inday posted for last season.

This thread is for the purpose shown. 👀 Vote and tell us where you’re at. Put the record…

…on the record???
I didn't want to vote.

Edit: I almost wanted to say 7-5, tbh.
🤷🏿‍♂️
I need to see how this team gels, esp. the OL. All these new faces, im sure theres gonna be some kinks to work out, but I definitely don't see us going 10-2 or better. But I dont see 6-6 or worse, either.
7-5 the floor, 9-3 the ceiling, so I voted 8-4.

Advertisement
10-2 or better.

For a change, things go very right for us this season. Injuries, esp big names, are kept to a minimum.

Also need a little luck no matter who you are in the rankings, and we are long overdue.................. I say things go our way this year!

Happy Dance GIF
This is so creepy

Advertisement
The sunshine coming from the Hecht is all about these three positions.

If recruiting this year is any indication, it’s false bravado and those spots are in deep ****.

I'm not following this. ... Since last year's 5-7 record, we've added Ray Ray, Robbie, Harrell and Kirk. Restrepo is back from injury, Young is verifiably leaner, faster and stronger. Other "receivers" include Arroyo and Chaney who are also back from injury, plus new freshmen TEs and RBs. The only "receiver" with production that we lost was Mallory. Our OC went from 1970s Pro Offense (or whatever you want to call it) to Air Raid.

These are all facts. I'll give you that the Hecht can be sunshine pumping about how much they've improved, how much George's and B Smith's attitudes have adjusted, etc. Maybe Dawson is as bad as Gattis and Holgerson was the genius behind Houston. Those are within the realm of possibility. But there's been a ton of change. Are they showing "false bravado" about it all?

Hard not to drink the kool aid this year. So used to let down every year.

I think this is the more talented roster we haved in the past couple years. I also think the same for the staff. Football is also such a lucky sport and you need luck. Only thing to help that is culture and hard work. Sounds like this team is that.

It’s so hard not to look at our schedule and not want to pencil 8 wins automatically.

Miami OH. Bethune. Temple. GT. UVA. NC State. Louisville. BC.

Can we just go 7-1 in those and steal 1or 2 from the below.

A&M. UNC. FSU. Clemson.

With that. Anything less than 8 is an utter failure.

OrnateCompassionateFirebelliedtoad-max-1mb.gif

Advertisement
9-3 I hope. Given up on actually having expectations & just rather let stuff happen.

TVD. What are we going to get from him. I'm sure he'll put up good numbers but will he be in controll of the offense? Just like a play caller needs to manage the flow of the game, so does the QB.
His success seems to come in spurts rather than steadily over the course of a full game.

If Tyler can be more decisive, distribute the ball a bit better & play with confidence in himself & his team then I think we'll have a good shot at beating any opponent on our schedule.

Most Likely : 9-3/8-4
Medium Likely : 10-2/7-5
Least Likely : 6-6/worse

Advertisement
I'm not following this. ... Since last year's 5-7 record, we've added Ray Ray, Robbie, Harrell and Kirk. Restrepo is back from injury, Young is verifiably leaner, faster and stronger. Other "receivers" include Arroyo and Chaney who are also back from injury, plus new freshmen TEs and RBs. The only "receiver" with production that we lost was Mallory. Our OC went from 1970s Pro Offense (or whatever you want to call it) to Air Raid.

These are all facts. I'll give you that the Hecht can be sunshine pumping about how much they've improved, how much George's and B Smith's attitudes have adjusted, etc. Maybe Dawson is as bad as Gattis and Holgerson was the genius behind Houston. Those are within the realm of possibility. But there's been a ton of change. Are they showing "false bravado" about it all?

All I’m saying is I have to see it on the field, and not hear it from the team.

If the direction of recruiting is any indication, then it’s pretty obvious to me that there’s a narrative being set regardless of the actual performance.

When I see the WR group actually getting separation in coverage, I’ll believe this offense has a chance.

Advertisement
I voted 8-4, but I literally have no clue what our record will be.

This is the most unsure I’ve ever been about a season. I could see us realistically only winning six games, but there’s also the possibility of winning 10 games. Although I find the high-end is less likely.

Last year’s record was not only due to bad coaching/coordinator hires, there really was a dearth of talent and depth at key positions. How well we replenished the talent (remember, we’ve had pretty significant turnover on the roster) will determine where we go.

While I’m optimistic about the coordinator hires, there are always transitional bumps along the way.

I just can’t imagine that anyone here has a real good feel about what our record will be next year, I know I don’t.

If I'm betting, I'm saying 8-4 but since I'm playing with house money here, I'm going 9-3.

Honestly, anything worse than 7-5 and the athletic department should just call it a day and go full in on basketball.

Advertisement
Back