Stacy Coley Observations

Advertisement
you guys are judging the kid based off a bunch of rumors and have never met or talked to him once. Just let
him play football in peace

Wait, so a HS kid didn't show up for one game? That's odd. Yeah, not everyone can be a like Duke and ball out every high school game. He's young, I'll give him a pass for this.

However, he if he strings this on for a streak of games here and there, then you have to question his work ethic. One game will not define this kid.

Advertisement
Wait, so a HS kid didn't show up for one game? That's odd. Yeah, not everyone can be a like Duke and ball out every high school game. He's young, I'll give him a pass for this.

However, he if he strings this on for a streak of games here and there, then you have to question his work ethic. One game will not define this kid.

The thing with Coley is this is the continuation of his character/work ethic issues that have been his major problem since his sophomore year.

While Tito and Peter may have spoken about his effort this one game, as someone who has followed Broward players in general, and Coley specifically for years, this is not a one-time occurrence. Coley has to work on this, and soon.

Should we go after Richard Benjamin since he decommitted from UCF?

I think we are prepared to go forward with AJL only this year. If we can land an elite player then do it but no, a guy like Benjamin won't have a spot. He definitely would be a Cane if we had shown him any love but we never really recruited him.

It's harder to show up if your a WR than a RB.

Advertisement
I'm not going to make excuses for the kid, even though I really like his skillset; if his attitude is in the crapper, then it needs to improve. I just hope he wants to be here bad enough to change, because we need a playmaker like him.

I will say this tho, if people think we're going to win big with a bunch of choirboys, they're in for a rude awakening; as great as character guys are, playmakers are every bit as important.

Last edited:
Lane and Cunningham, call it a day. Plus AJL showing up with another year of experience...I'll take that class.

Advertisement
I agree...Cunningham looks like a solid route runner with pretty good hands. No sizzle....no moves....not explosive....nothing screams special about him. We better start getting some difference makers on that wr core soon.

AJL could be the one but he is still very raw. Not impressed with Scott....Dorsett runs afraid after the catch and Hurns is another stiff possession type who gets minimal rac and struggles to get consistent separation.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back