Stacy Coley Observations

I cant find fault with your argument Peter.

As the official bandwagon driver, I have to keep hope alive until the staff says no mas. McDonald was there last night; it would have been nice to get his thoughts on what he saw. Hope he gets his ish together; how good would a 2 year haul of Coley and Lane be?

Advertisement
I cant find fault with your argument Peter.

As the official bandwagon driver, I have to keep hope alive until the staff says no mas. McDonald was there last night; it would have been nice to get his thoughts on what he saw. Hope he gets his ish together; how good would a 2 year haul of Coley and Lane be?
This!

He's got a whole year to work out the attitude/character kinks. The staff is doing the right thing in continuing to monitor the situation, and we have an alumni guy in place to keep the coaches abreast of progress/regression.

This kid is an incredible athlete and talent, and while this info early on is disappointing, its too soon to give up on him. The same guys who are saying pass will be the same guys pom pomming if he bounces back with a huge performance next game.

This will be my last post on the matter. I'd suggest those that can see the kid for themselves do and form their own opinions because I didn't feel as negatively about it as Tito did. No offense to him but he seems like he's letting his feelings get in way of his observation.

To make a read on the kids behavior based on him coming out the locker room last or how he ran his lap is silly since a NE coach told me the team as a whole needs to take a better approach to there pregame. Coaches and players after seeing how organized Columbus was. So why single him out for something that's program issue not just a player. Also I played with and saw some greats back in the day that took it easy in pregame and it had no affect on their play in game and was not a reflection of their character at all. some of them are guys that are viewed as some of the best to ever play UM.

Also trying to insinuate a behavior problem because of a conversation from a far is again imo a bit much. Unless you were a part of the conversation and know what happened kind of hard to say kid has an attitude based on what you thought the tone of the conversation was. Hey LeBron has a bad attitude and purposely tried to and embarrass his coach by targeting him and shoulder bumping him during a timeout against Dallas. Or atleast that's what I was told am I right.

As far as the game kid only dropped on catchable ball that was the screen. He got open against a double team constantly and his qb couldn't get him the ball. As far as a forty yard play that he dropped what are you talking about. The bomb before halftime that was under thrown and he came back for ball underneath both Columbus db and went up and attacked ball at it highest point but lost it as he came down. It would have been great if he held on to it but it would've have been a spectacular catch not some run of the mill play. Kids made plenty of those types of catches so it's not like he can't make the difficult catch but he's not going to make them all the time. No wideout does. Did he makes some bad plays ofcourse he jumped offside once on a slant play that he would've gotten atleast a 15 yard gain on. On the int on the slant in the endzone I wish he would've fought harder to get the ball but qb was late and high with pass. Also at the end of the 30 yard run I need him to secure the ball better because NE got lucky fumble rolled out of bounce. However he did some positive thinks like his blocking during running plays when NE OC realized he needed to take some pressure off his young qb. Which is what actually got Ne back in game and later opened up plays in passing game including the 50 yard bomb that called back. When they attempted to throw he got open without needing 80 moves to do it. That's a positive not a negative thing. Hopefully they'll upload video of game on Bluestein site so people can get a glimpse of some of the in game action.

People thinking it would be okay to let this kid leave are the ones ok with mediocrity imo. You can't build a team full of 5 heart type players and expect to play for championships. You need playmakers also and hes the best one in Florida this year. But whatever I'm done with it won't say another thing about it don't care that much. Btw enjoy the site.

Advertisement
If we can get Cunningham we really don't need coley

Cunningham will be a Cane if we want him

This is why I dont agree with slow-playing him. Take his commitment and be done with WR's for the year. Coley is vey talented but many uber-talented recruits with academic/effort/attitude issues have gone on and been BUSTS!

College is a completely different animal and most kids who have trouble in a supervisored atmosphere like HS, dont go on to be scholars... Take Cunningham and start working LANE right now!

If we can get Cunningham we really don't need coley

Cunningham will be a Cane if we want him

This is why I dont agree with slow-playing him. Take his commitment and be done with WR's for the year. Coley is vey talented but many uber-talented recruits with academic/effort/attitude issues have gone on and been BUSTS!

College is a completely different animal and most kids who have trouble in a supervisored atmosphere like HS, dont go on to be scholars... Take Cunningham and start working LANE right now!

Maybe the staff doesn't think Cunningham is good enough or that with limited scholarships its worth taking 2 WRs. Or they want more time evaluating the current FR to see if we need to take 2 WRs.

I'm fine with 1 WR as there are far bigger needs on this team.

Advertisement
He's got a whole year to work out the attitude/character kinks. The staff is doing the right thing in continuing to monitor the situation, and we have an alumni guy in place to keep the coaches abreast of progress/regression.

This kid is an incredible athlete and talent, and while this info early on is disappointing, its too soon to give up on him. The same guys who are saying pass will be the same guys pom pomming if he bounces back with a huge performance next game.

This will be my last post on the matter. I'd suggest those that can see the kid for themselves do and form their own opinions because I didn't feel as negatively about it as Tito did. No offense to him but he seems like he's letting his feelings get in way of his observation.

To make a read on the kids behavior based on him coming out the locker room last or how he ran his lap is silly since a NE coach told me the team as a whole needs to take a better approach to there pregame. Coaches and players after seeing how organized Columbus was. So why single him out for something that's program issue not just a player. Also I played with and saw some greats back in the day that took it easy in pregame and it had no affect on their play in game and was not a reflection of their character at all. some of them are guys that are viewed as some of the best to ever play UM.

Also trying to insinuate a behavior problem because of a conversation from a far is again imo a bit much. Unless you were a part of the conversation and know what happened kind of hard to say kid has an attitude based on what you thought the tone of the conversation was. Hey LeBron has a bad attitude and purposely tried to and embarrass his coach by targeting him and shoulder bumping him during a timeout against Dallas. Or atleast that's what I was told am I right.

As far as the game kid only dropped on catchable ball that was the screen. He got open against a double team constantly and his qb couldn't get him the ball. As far as a forty yard play that he dropped what are you talking about. The bomb before halftime that was under thrown and he came back for ball underneath both Columbus db and went up and attacked ball at it highest point but lost it as he came down. It would have been great if he held on to it but it would've have been a spectacular catch not some run of the mill play. Kids made plenty of those types of catches so it's not like he can't make the difficult catch but he's not going to make them all the time. No wideout does. Did he makes some bad plays ofcourse he jumped offside once on a slant play that he would've gotten atleast a 15 yard gain on. On the int on the slant in the endzone I wish he would've fought harder to get the ball but qb was late and high with pass. Also at the end of the 30 yard run I need him to secure the ball better because NE got lucky fumble rolled out of bounce. However he did some positive thinks like his blocking during running plays when NE OC realized he needed to take some pressure off his young qb. Which is what actually got Ne back in game and later opened up plays in passing game including the 50 yard bomb that called back. When they attempted to throw he got open without needing 80 moves to do it. That's a positive not a negative thing. Hopefully they'll upload video of game on Bluestein site so people can get a glimpse of some of the in game action.

People thinking it would be okay to let this kid leave are the ones ok with mediocrity imo. You can't build a team full of 5 heart type players and expect to play for championships. You need playmakers also and hes the best one in Florida this year. But whatever I'm done with it won't say another thing about it don't care that much. Btw enjoy the site.

nice to meet you cousin Coley, welcome to canesinsight.

Advertisement

trying too hard...we made him this way..yes the internetz crowned him

Nothing wrong with a second set of eyes and a second opinion. We have the rest of the season to get a sense of Coley as a player.

As a guy I don't care if another guy is c ocky,overconfident, or a douche, as long as he's a good teammate and doesn't do anything to hurt the team. Most teams have prima donnas who win, but if they go against the team goal that's a problem.

Advertisement
Great writeups by all three of the observers. Looks like Coley inspires passion on both sides, and it will be fun to watch him develop over the year. Cunningham, too.

I say bring the kid in. Guys like Duke, Chick, Tracy, and Denzel will keep the locker room straight.

Following the game, I asked Coley if he could give me an Interview and he said yes. but following his team's huddle Coley had a stern talking to his coach, his coach looked furious with him. Coley then ran off, I chased him down using my 4.4 speed but when he turned around he said "My coach isn't letting me do interviews." Personally, I was more upset about that then his performance but that's another thing.

So, are we now saying that it´s a sign of bad character when a kid doesn´t ignore his coaches orders?

Advertisement
Back