Miami Junior Day list (Jan 13th)

I'm seeing Trevor Darling and Travis Rudolph as our 2014 commits as of now. With the kids coming in for Junior Day, who would be the best for us to commit early? Can any of these guys be like Duke and be AL's "go to" for this class?

Also, any film or comments on Travis Rudolph?

The way things have been going, I'd actually prefer nobody commit to us early

True, but once we have our LOA, kids won't be hearing all the BS about how hard we are going to get hit. AL will be able to handpick these kids in SoFla, and have them in the ear of every OOSoFla target, throughout the quiet and dead periods.

Advertisement
ESPN- WR Corey Holmes

ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. -- Corey Holmes (Ft. Lauderdale, Fla./St. Thomas Aquinas) had a relatively quiet holiday season in terms of recruiting.

With the dead period in swing, his contact with college coaches was limited. Miami (Fla), though, seems to have begun to show some effort in getting the 6-foot-1, 170-pound receiver on campus.

"I think it was just this week, I heard from Miami and they invited me to a thing that they have down in Coral Gables," he said. "So far, that is the only the school to hit me up."

St. Petersburg Catholic LT Reilly Gibbons, who happens to be 6-foot-4, 274 pounds, ran a 4.64 40 today at UA combine. Wow.
7:21pm - 4 Jan 13

Advertisement
I'm seeing Trevor Darling and Travis Rudolph as our 2014 commits as of now. With the kids coming in for Junior Day, who would be the best for us to commit early? Can any of these guys be like Duke and be AL's "go to" for this class?

Apparently, you were spot on......

ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. – Class of 2014 wide receiver Travis Rudolph (West Palm Beach, Fla./Cardinal Newman) has been committed to Miami for several months. But the 6-foot, 177-pound junior might be having some second thoughts.

“I’ve been hearing from a few other programs so I’m going to try to see some of them over the summer,” Rudolph said while participating in the Under Armour National Combine. “I’m probably going to look to get to Florida and Georgia for sure, but not until the summer because I’m going to focus on the SAT this spring.”

Until the,n Rudolph said he’s continuing to communicate with the Miami staff.

ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. – Class of 2014 wide receiver Travis Rudolph (West Palm Beach, Fla./Cardinal Newman) has been committed to Miami for several months. But the 6-foot, 177-pound junior might be having some second thoughts.

“I’ve been hearing from a few other programs so I’m going to try to see some of them over the summer,” Rudolph said while participating in the Under Armour National Combine. “I’m probably going to look to get to Florida and Georgia for sure, but not until the summer because I’m going to focus on the SAT this spring.”

You should also know that Devin Hester is his cousin

Advertisement
General question: Are people really close with their cousins in SFla? I always see people post so and so is (insert NFL player/former Canes player) cousin. I have a **** load of cousins, most of who I never talk to or see. Is there some kind of cousin bond that I don't know about?

Rudolph said a few months back his commitment status was 70% or some **** like that.

Here's what happened. We identified him early and he committed. Once his tape got out there and he played his junior season, his recruitment blew up because the kid is a ******* baller.

Sound familiar? We will be ok in the long run though.

Advertisement
We need Keyon Brown. The Kid can straight up ball and i would Love it if Mcdermott committed!

I think Quincy Wilson is coming as well, but I'm not 100% so don't put him on the list yet. Hopefully he gets that offer..

Advertisement
Not surprisingly the kids will pull the trigger on the first program to show them love. Imagine Miami offering you a free ride? Of course you take it. But then they start to get shown love by other schools. And they get recruited. And pressed. And they realize they have other options and they are a hot commodity, so they pull back and open things up. Happens every year.

Does anyone know approx how many positions we're looking at for 2014

Advertisement
Back