George McDonald leaves to be Arkansas WR coach

Can Mark Ruper recruit? He is from Louisiana which is a plus if he can recruit. Where has he coached by the way?

Advertisement
Im probably on my own here.. but I say bring in Trooper Taylor.. He would bring in any SoFla recruit we want..

Can Mark Ruper recruit? He is from Louisiana which is a plus if he can recruit. Where has he coached by the way?

I don't believe he ever has. He worked with Hank before his junior year I believe, which is the reason why many are high on him.

I actually like the sound of that one. He would have to leave the duffle bag behind tho. ...after some research he has made some good WRs

Last edited:
Advertisement
They couldn't have taken D'Onfrio instead?

In all seriousness its a tough loss but Golden had put together one **** of an offensive staff; I have faith he'll find a solid replacement.

LMAO. First thought that came to my head.

This is a tough loss though. Solid coach and recruiter.

Im probably on my own here.. but I say bring in Trooper Taylor.. He would bring in any SoFla recruit we want..

Sure. Right after we bring in Nevin Shapiro to be Treasurer and Kelvin Sampson as Compliance Coordinator. Maybe Tressel can be the new AD?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I want an OC-in-waiting type who can take the reins after Fisch bolts. I really thought McDonald was perfect.

I would never take Michael Irvin because I think his ego is too big. Good for a halftime speech but he would distract from the process and I doubt he would put in the work we need.

I think you either need a top level talent developer who is likely to be here long term or a prime time recruiter. My gut tells me it is hard to find both in one person, and if they have that skill set they are likely destined to be an OC and then HC. It's like any business. You want to find people who are really good at their job in at least one respect, but not necessarily upper management so they don't get hired away (tough to do when we don't pay competitive salaries).

Michael Barrow is great at his job for a player (and I think might be a good DC but not head coach). I would take Dorsey for anything in a heartbeat. I actually think Ray Lewis would be an awesome position coach because the man doesn't know how to stop working but wouldn't undermine Golden. Not sure I would take Lamar Thomas, but trying to think who would be a good former player that would make a good coach.

Advertisement
Back