George McDonald leaves to be Arkansas WR coach

Lubick would be awesome because he is a great candidate for the next OC when Fisch leaves.

Advertisement
why would Lubbick come here?

Because UM is a GIGANTIC upgrade over Puke. Give him the title of passing game coordinator, give him a little raise and let him work with the enormous talent that we can acquire here. Tell him he'll be the OC when Fishballs leaves (which will probably sooner rather than later if we wreck it on offense next year like I think we will).

Advertisement

Insert not sure if serious picture. Our fans need to get over the inferiority complex too

This. People, take a look at some of the assistants we have hired recently. McDonald and Fisch were both NFL coaches. Fisch was a QB coach (so college OC is a somewhat natural upgrade) but McDonald took the same position here he had in the NFL. Bill Young was one of the top DC's in the country. Whipple had been in the NFL for like 4 years when we hired him. When we want to spend for assistants, we do. It's not like we have an all-star list of assistants (no program does), but we are more than capable of hiring a top flight WR coach and I expect we will do it just as we did when we hired McDonald.

Insert not sure if serious picture. Our fans need to get over the inferiority complex too

This. People, take a look at some of the assistants we have hired recently. McDonald and Fisch were both NFL coaches. Fisch was a QB coach (so college OC is a somewhat natural upgrade) but McDonald took the same position here he had in the NFL. Bill Young was one of the top DC's in the country. Whipple had been in the NFL for like 4 years when we hired him. When we want to spend for assistants, we do. It's not like we have an all-star list of assistants (no program does), but we are more than capable of hiring a top flight WR coach and I expect we will do it just as we did when we hired McDonald.

I fully expect Al to turn this into a positive by upgrading the staff. He did it when Hill went to ufag, and he'll do it now that McDonald turned traitor. Lubick would be a huge upgrade. So would McNulty. I'm sure many others would be too.

Not worried whatsoever about McDonald leaving and/or Golden finding a suitable replacement.
Golden had alot of turnover at Temple, and he seemed to always find quality coaches at THAT program.
Coaches from the NFL and/or from big programs.
At the end of the day, you want to have coaches that other folks covet.
It's a good sign that we are on the right path.
We're simply not used to this after Coker and Shannon era.

Anyways, have a look at all the coaches that have worked for Saban at L$U, Bama, Carroll at USC, etc.

I'm not sure why Mcnulty would come here as a position coach......and WR coach at that. Dude has been in the NFL the past 4 years as WR and QB coach and was a college O-Cord before that. That's the definition of a lateral move or step down. Now if he were given assurances that he would be the O-Cord. in waiting, that might be a different story.

Advertisement

Not worried whatsoever about McDonald leaving and/or Golden finding a suitable replacement.
Golden had alot of turnover at Temple, and he seemed to always find quality coaches at THAT program.
Coaches from the NFL and/or from big programs.
At the end of the day, you want to have coaches that other folks covet.
It's a good sign that we are on the right path.
We're simply not used to this after Coker and Shannon era.

Anyways, have a look at all the coaches that have worked for Saban at L$U, Bama, Carroll at USC, etc.

Exactly how I see it. I fully expect an upgrade over McDonald, which is why I never got upset about old mcDonald going to the farm.

Advertisement

Oh it not that I dont think we could pull him its just that he has no ties whats so ever to us or the coaches and he has said he is happy at duke

lol A Duke lifer?

No way, but he will most likely go some where he knows the landscape a bit better

Oh it not that I dont think we could pull him its just that he has no ties whats so ever to us or the coaches and he has said he is happy at duke

lol A Duke lifer?

No way, but he will most likely go some where he knows the landscape a bit better

Not necessarily true with him.
He was an assistant at Ole Miss under Orgeron, and he left for Arizona State.
The book on Michael "Blind Side" Oher discusses Lubick's departure.
His reason for leaving was him apparently wanting to return to the Pac12.
Yet he left ASU for Duke.
Reason is he is trying to pad his resume and prep himself for an oppurtinity to be
a HC one day. He has coached on both sides of the ball, coordinated recruiting at one
school, and now he his working for one of the most respected coaches in Cutcliffe.
His moves are calculated and he's probably getting alot of advice from his old man.
Jumping to work for Golden may be attractive for him.
Better program and a coach who has many fresh ideas in program building.

lol A Duke lifer?

Not necessarily true with him.
He was an assistant at Ole Miss under Orgeron, and he left for Arizona State.
The book on Michael "Blind Side" Oher discusses Lubick's departure.
His reason for leaving was him apparently wanting to return to the Pac12.
Yet he left ASU for Duke.
Reason is he is trying to pad his resume and prep himself for an oppurtinity to be
a HC one day. He has coached on both sides of the ball, coordinated recruiting at one
school, and now he his working for one of the most respected coaches in Cutcliffe.
His moves are calculated and he's probably getting alot of advice from his old man.
Jumping to work for Golden may be attractive for him.
Better program and a coach who has many fresh ideas in program building.

great points

Advertisement

lol A Duke lifer?

The fact that his two most successful and talented WRs during his time at Duke (Donovan Varner and Connor Vernon both from Gulliver) were both South Florida leftovers has to be enticing for him

lol A Duke lifer?

The fact that his two most successful and talented WRs during his time at Duke (Donovan Varner and Connor Vernon both from Gulliver) were both South Florida leftovers has to be enticing for him

There are a myriad reasons why the UM job would be enticing to Lubbick and a plethora of reasons why UM would be interested in Lubbick. This match makes total sense.

His old man parlayed the UM DC gig into a long career as HC at CSU. Matthew Lubedick would be well-served to get in contact with Corch Alshermond if he hasn't already done so.

Advertisement
Back