George McDonald leaves to be Arkansas WR coach

Lubick would be the best guy. He'd be a big upgrade actually. Look what he's done with that crap leftovers Puke is able to sign. I watched some behind the scenes stuff about Puke football, and he was a very impressive dude.

P.S. I think he is Puke's recruiting coordinator too, so he's probably no slouch in that area either. Definitely need to bring in a big recruiter at that spot on the staff.

Arizona State didn't win much during Erickson's final years, but there was some good talent he left for the current coach,
and alot of that talent was brought in by Lubick.
He's a solid recruiter....he worked for Ed Orgeron at Ole Miss, so he knows how to get talent.

Advertisement

Lubick would be the best guy. He'd be a big upgrade actually. Look what he's done with that crap leftovers Puke is able to sign. I watched some behind the scenes stuff about Puke football, and he was a very impressive dude.

P.S. I think he is Puke's recruiting coordinator too, so he's probably no slouch in that area either. Definitely need to bring in a big recruiter at that spot on the staff.

http://www.coloradoan.com/article/20121208/SPORTS/312080028/Matt-Lubick-named-top-receivers-coach

Matt Lubick, the oldest son of former CSU coach Sonny Lubick, was named the top wide receivers coach in college football on Saturday by FootballScoop.com.

Lubick is in his third season as an assistant at Duke and served as the passing game coordinator, recruiting coordinator and receivers coach this year while coaching the only trio of receivers in the nation to catch 60 or more passes apiece.
Jamison Crowder had 70 catches for 1,025 yards and eight touchdowns; Conner Vernon had 75 catches for 955 yards and seven TDs, and Desmond Scott caught 61 passes for 606 yards and two touchdowns.

“An assistant coach is so many things, but it starts with mentor,” fifth-year Duke coach David Cutcliffe said in a news release. “It starts with care and concern that’s real — love, if you will. Matt Lubick exemplifies exactly what it means to be a mentor in every sense of the word. Past that, he coordinators our passing game as well as our recruiting efforts. Matt Lubick, no offense to anyone I’ve ever worked with, is simply the best recruiter that I’ve ever work with.”
Duke went 6-6 overall and 3-5 in the Atlantic Coast Conference this season to earn its first postseason berth since 1994. The Blue Devils will play Cincinnati in the Dec. 27 Belk Bowl in Charlotte, N.C.
— Kelly Lyell, The Coloradoan

Its only a matter of time before Lubbick is coaching elsewhere (SEC/PAC 12) where the assistant salaries are nuts!

Advertisement
WeOwn,

I can assure you, there are a few coaches on the current roster that would like to stab Cristobal in his neck.. Not sure he will be the guy if they take a coaching poll.

Zook would be awesome and I don't know if Cristobal could really do it, but I'd like to see him back in the program. He is a true monster recruiter and would help us continue to tear up South Florida (and when he was here he could get some big OOS prospects too).

why would Lubbick come here?

I don't know anything about the dude, but wouldn't you think the Miami job is better than the Duke job? I have no clue if Duke pays more, but wouldn't the potential future earnings offset whatever that difference was?

why would Lubbick come here?

I don't know anything about the dude, but wouldn't you think the Miami job is better than the Duke job? I have no clue if Duke pays more, but wouldn't the potential future earnings offset whatever that difference was?

To experience working with a different offense and expand his network to bolster his resume down the line.

Advertisement
Is that Trooper Taylor on the front page of canesport for surprise candidates? Vermin has lost his mind

Advertisement
According to CS and the Vermin, Miami has had contact or has been contacted by: Cristobal (which he is also claiming he predicted lol), Trooper Taylor (lulz), Troy Walters (former NCState and TAMU WR corch) and he has also heard that Miami Central HS corch Telly Lockette has expressed interest. He wraps this beutiful ball of crap up with Hurlie Brown is an internal candidate and then allows the resident idiots to go ape **** on the thread. I hope this is enlightening.

According to CS and the Vermin, Miami has had contact or has been contacted by: Cristobal (which he is also claiming he predicted lol), Trooper Taylor (lulz), Troy Walters (former NCState and TAMU WR corch) and he has also heard that Miami Central HS corch Telly Lockette has expressed interest. He wraps this beutiful ball of crap up with Hurlie Brown is an internal candidate and then allows the resident idiots to go ape **** on the thread. I hope this is enlightening.

This guy has no shame when trying to sell subscriptions

:ohlord:

Advertisement
That was a shameful article by Ferman. He basically said "all these guys are interested." Yeah, of course they are.

People forget that McDonald was the passing game coordinator as well. So we cant just bring in some nobody that needs to get his feet wet.

Would like to see some DII OC or a veteran WR coach come in.

Come on bruh. He was given that title as a thank you and a promotion to get a raise. He may have had more responsibilities, but this is Fisch's O. We don't need to go out and find someone to replace the passing coordinator part. Just coach WRs and be a monster recruiter.

This.

CHISE IN THE HOUSE!!!!!

Reveal yourself, young man!

Arizona State didn't win much during Erickson's final years, but there was some good talent he left for the current coach,
and alot of that talent was brought in by Lubick.
He's a solid recruiter....he worked for Ed Orgeron at Ole Miss, so he knows how to get talent.

Correct. Talent was not a problem there. They nabbed their share of talented players.

Advertisement
Back