Brandon McGee impressing at the Shrine Bowl

Kid is a great athlete. If UM had the players to put a real D on the field, I think he would have had a very good season. Not that he was bad...

Only remember him getting burnt to a crisp in the N.C. State game, other than that, he was solid for the entire year and surprisingly physical in run support. Speaks well to Golden and co. development of players.

He also had the key take away when nc state was about to score that probally won us the game.

Advertisement
I thought the guy had raw talent. Glad to see you made leaps and bounds his senior year. With more good coaching, I see this guy making an impact in the NFL.

I am happy for BM. It also is good for the U. But dang it we seem to be bringing athletes in who dont do much on the field, atleast not commensurate with their talent and athletic ability, who then blow up around this time and have nice careers in the NFL. I would like to see us start getting much more out of college kids while they are at the U.

The ideal situation is a guy like Cam Newton where he balls out and is the first pick, or Warren Sapp who balls out and is a first round pick . . . both those guys are having/had nice careers. I know I could have picked other Canes . . . But I also want to say guys like Dorsey, the DT from Lsu and Tebow had great college careers and have been marginal NFL players, well Id like a few guys like that though the Sapp's, Reed's, and Lewis' are best. Ill take another Kenny D though:)

Advertisement
I am happy for BM. It also is good for the U. But dang it we seem to be bringing athletes in who dont do much on the field, atleast not commensurate with their talent and athletic ability, who then blow up around this time and have nice careers in the NFL. I would like to see us start getting much more out of college kids while they are at the U.

The ideal situation is a guy like Cam Newton where he balls out and is the first pick, or Warren Sapp who balls out and is a first round pick . . . both those guys are having/had nice careers. I know I could have picked other Canes . . . But I also want to say guys like Dorsey, the DT from Lsu and Tebow had great college careers and have been marginal NFL players, well Id like a few guys like that though the Sapp's, Reed's, and Lewis' are best. Ill take another Kenny D though:)

4 years of Randall is not conducive to player development

Don't know where the 4.58 is from, but I'm pretty sure they didn't test him there and I suspect he'll be much faster than that at the combine.

kid was supposed to be one of the fastest on the team the past few years.

he will probably run a low 4.4 is my guess

Advertisement
Must feel like a kid in a candy shop, not lining up 50 yards back on a wide receiver.

Good for him. I enjoy stories like this - he played pretty solid, made some big plays. Stuck it out here even with the coaching change and actually bought in to what The Golden One is trying to do. Seemed like he tried to take on a leadership role with all the young guys around him.

EDIT: Additionally, Miami will need some Brandon McGee's this year if they are going to do anything; leaders will need to show themselves.

Last edited:
Nobody ragged on this kid more than me for his first 3 years, but I ate a ton of crow last year. Turned out to be a good cb.

Good for Brandon. I hope he gets picked up early in the draft and has a successful NFL career.

Why do we continue to see this happen?

Guys under performing in college, but they kick *** at the combines and get drafted??

Let's be fair here. He didn't just staart doing well now at the Sr. Bowl. While his first 3 years here were disappointing, his senior year was very solid. He was one of our lone bright spots on defense last season

Advertisement
Kid is a great athlete. If UM had the players to put a real D on the field, I think he would have had a very good season. Not that he was bad...

Only remember him getting burnt to a crisp in the N.C. State game, other than that, he was solid for the entire year and surprisingly physical in run support. Speaks well to Golden and co. development of players.
Even so wasn't that the game he had that beast *** ripp on the goal line that screwed the camera up when he started running it back?

Even so wasn't that the game he had that beast *** ripp on the goal line that screwed the camera up when he started running it back?

Word. Take any 3 Duke runs you wanna pick, The winning TD in the same game, and that play, you could make a good case for that being one of the top 5 plays of the year.

Advertisement
no, you were prolly ragging on Finnie bum ***. was he a 3* coming out or 4? PLEASE say 3 so I wont feel so bad.

Good for Brandon. I hope he gets picked up early in the draft and has a successful NFL career.

Why do we continue to see this happen?

Guys under performing in college, but they kick *** at the combines and get drafted??

Let's be fair here. He didn't just staart doing well now at the Sr. Bowl. While his first 3 years here were disappointing, his senior year was very solid. He was one of our lone bright spots on defense last season

It is true. Sam Shields is a HUGE example. Not sold on Brandon doing that but he easily had one of the fastest 40's of that class and it's looking like B Mcgee is on pace to do the same. Could you imagine if A. Patrick Peterson stayed home or B. Ray Ray balls out and is a top 5 safety come april?

Advertisement
Back