Beau IS A CANE

Advertisement
Golden needs this commitment, getting local kids is nothing special. Getting the #1 Juco TE from cali that could push the offense over the edge...would be huge.

Advertisement
Don't need him.

But god **** it would be pretty ******* huge. The type of game changers that put your team over the top.

I'm getting Zach Miller flashbacks. This would be a feather in Carroll's cap if this kid signs with Miami.

136.jpg

Advertisement
Golden needs this commitment, getting local kids is nothing special. Getting the #1 Juco TE from cali that could push the offense over the edge...would be huge.

I get where you are coming from but I think you are off base. These next couple of years is absolutely LOADED with top end talent, Golden cleans up in the back yard we win and win big. I would be freaking thrilled if he kept all the local kids home I wouldnt even worry about national kids because you know why? We get guys like Bryant, Coley, Collins, Sony, Lane, Thomas X2, Darling, Cook, etc. (too many to name) We will win the majority of our games and national kids will be coming in droves to try to play in Coral Gables.

One of the more optimistic assessments on here, Pete (your post #29).

Last edited:
Olsen to Beau people.....just let that image settle in your mind for a minute. This is why I want this beast at the U so badly.

Advertisement
getting local kids is nothing special.

Pretty dumb to say.

How hard is it to convince a guy 10 miles or 100 miles down the road to commit?

You should be able to land what you want in your area, as long as your name isn't Coker, or Shannon.

It is huge to land a top recruit from across the country vs your back yard.

If you don't buy that, and what it takes to pull that off, then you can live in your little world.

The kid is 2 years out of high school. The need to stay close to home wears off, see Bond. They are at a point in their life that in one or two years they could be employed anywhere in the US. In other words momma's cord may have been cut by now.

I get where you are coming from but I think you are off base. These next couple of years is absolutely LOADED with top end talent, Golden cleans up in the back yard we win and win big. I would be freaking thrilled if he kept all the local kids home I wouldnt even worry about national kids because you know why? We get guys like Bryant, Coley, Collins, Sony, Lane, Thomas X2, Darling, Cook, etc. (too many to name) We will win the majority of our games and national kids will be coming in droves to try to play in Coral Gables.

All of our past great teams, and every other great team in the history of CFB. Has had guys form across the country commit to them, and those guys were difference makers. Not every great player comes from Florida, and even though it is nice to be in a rich area, you have to pull these type of players.

Advertisement
getting local kids is nothing special.

Pretty dumb to say.

How hard is it to convince a guy 10 miles or 100 miles down the road to commit?

You should be able to land what you want in your area, as long as your name isn't Coker, or Shannon.

It is huge to land a top recruit from across the country vs your back yard.

If you don't buy that, and what it takes to pull that off, then you can live in your little world.

OBLIVION,
I think a lot of us are more interested in the success of the team than in the question of how much or how little credit various members of the staff should get. If he lives up to expectations, Beau would help the team win. So would Alex Collins, if he lives up to expectations. I really don't care who gets praised and in what measure or who gets blamed and in what measure.

All of our past great teams, and every other great team in the history of CFB. Has had guys form across the country commit to them, and those guys were difference makers. Not every great player comes from Florida, and even though it is nice to be in a rich area, you have to pull these type of players.

I agree and understand but you have to take in the fact of the changing landscape, when we were going into Cali it was easier to get top guys, now they would have a higher chance of staying home and playing at SC than going across the country at the moment. I also think we are saying the same thing as keeping top talent home and cherry pick to fill holes. I just think you have to take care of home before you do anything else. No matter how much we go out and get national guys if we dont win the battle at home we are screwed regardless.

Advertisement
Back